It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill O'Reilly flip flops on due process.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
This is my first thread, I have no idea about how to do this so here goes.

I feel so strongly about what seems like a blatant flip/flop by O'Reilly that I'm willing to try a thread and see what others think of this obvious hypocritical move on O'Rilly's part, I mean where are all the FOX haters.

One day last week O'Rielly was all over killing American citizens with drones without due process and last night(2/12/2013) he was totally for burning the cabin down on Dorner. Don't get me wrong, I am not one of the "Dorner is a hero people", my problem is how such a popular talk show host can be so hypocrtical and no one calls him out for it.

My question to O'Rilly is, do you consider the people that Dorner killed more improtant then those that Anwar-al-Awlaki killed. Either your an American citizen and you have the right to "due process" or you don't.

If someone could post the two clips of O'Rilly and his flip flop I would for ever indebted to you, I have no idea how.

edit on 13-2-2013 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

I should say I am not a FOX hater, I watch quite often, its just that this hit me so hard all at once today I felt the need to do this. I hope maybe I am wrong because if this is a true hypocritical move on O'Reillys part I wiil never watch O'Reilly again..........like most talk show programs they are good for research material.........through out 95% and research the 5%.

JEEEEEES did I just reply to myself, sorry for being such a dolt but this really means a lot to me if its real.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I say YES!.....this is a true hypocritical move on O'Reillys part.

You should never watch that show again.....or any talking head partisan propaganda news program

...JUST SAY NO

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Seems O'Reilly is fine with drones, but was angry that (he thought) MSNBC hadn't reported on drones, and was complaining loudly about that. He wasn't against the program, just against MSNBC for supposedly not reporting on it. MSNBC is actually the channel that broke the drone story. So he was wrong.

If he did make a statement against drones, you'll have to find it and post it here.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

I try to watch a well rounded varity and then research what they are saying for truth but truth is hard to find these days, thanks for your input.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Seems O'Reilly is fine with drones, but was angry that (he thought) MSNBC hadn't reported on drones, and was complaining loudly about that. He wasn't against the program, just against MSNBC for supposedly not reporting on it. MSNBC is actually the channel that broke the drone story. So he was wrong.

If he did make a statement against drones, you'll have to find it and post it here.
O'Reilly was fine with killing terrorist even if they were American citizens but did not like the idea of Americans being killed without due process. Now with Dorner he had no problem with the PD burning the house down around him.

If I knew how to post the sound bites I would but don't, I was hoping someone who has it in for FOX would help out.............unless I'm reading O'Reilly wrong.

Thanks for input BH.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Bill O'Reilly didn't flip flop.

In fact, he CAN'T flip flop.

Because the only words that come out of his mouth are purely to boost his own ego. He has no opinion on anything other than that he needs to be right.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Battleline
O'Reilly was fine with killing terrorist even if they were American citizens but did not like the idea of Americans being killed without due process.

I know what you're saying. I just can't find what he said about it. I'm looking for a sound bite of him.

If I knew how to post the sound bites I would but don't,

If you have an internet link, just copy and paste the address it in a post here.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

O'Reilly is full of himself but this time I think this passion he says you need to be a good journalist got the best of him and he has not caught it yet or he will just spin the hell out of it like he does all his mistakes.

Thanks for the input.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

The problem is that I should not have posted this without being able to install the source or the sound bites to back it up, its just I felt so strongly about this I felt I had to say something.I was really hoping someone had watched and saw what I saw and could comment on it one way or another

His rant on Dorner was last night and his comments on due process were with his lawyer ladys last week.

Thank you for the help BH, I really appreciate it, I really need to educate myself on this sort of thing but I never felt the need tell now, thanks again.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Well I got a little worried and looked for the segment of O'Reilly and his lawyer ladys and that would seem he was not one way or the other.

I'm sure I have watched him advocate due process for American citizens abroad and condem the president for his kill list with Americans citizens on it. This is my point but I may have jumped the gun without a source.

If the mods are following this thread I guess you ought to just delite it, I am sorry for wasting anyones time.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

You didn't do anything wrong.
No worries. Just try to find sources to back up what you're saying, so we can judge for ourselves.
If you need any help, just ask in the Freshman forum, send a U2U to a mod or post in the Intro forum and ask for some links to help you with board usage.

I don't like O'Reilly's politics, but I think he's a decent guy.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Thank you, This was my first thread as long as I have been here and I let my emotions get the best of me. i will not let it happen again and I will keep looking, I feel strongly that I remember this which was the very reason I jumped before Denying Ignorance.......thanks again for your help.

top topics

join