Women mistakenly shot in Donner manhunt get apology and new truck

page: 1
6

log in

join

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

A mother and daughter newspaper delivery team who were mistakenly shot by Los Angeles police hunting for a fugitive former cop will get a new pickup truck courtesy of the department. LAPD Cmdr. Andrew Smith says the department's Chief Charlie Beck met with the women in their Torrance home Saturday to apologize and tell them he had arranged for someone to donate a new pickup truck Read more: www.foxnews.com...


Fox News (ugh)

Um, yeah...about that thing where my men went all Rambo on you...yeah um, real sorry about that.



I hope these women aren't foolish enough to sign a waiver for a free truck. I would be curious to know who the 'donor' was.

On the other hand, 'decent human being' move by Chief Beck if there's not ulterior motive behind it.




posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
That is a nice gesture but if they obtained a lawyer it will be about three million short.



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
another reason why they should of just let him go back to the mountains.

NO one, i repeat NO ONE would of got hurt

now they have to go explain to all these families why they had to chase down this one man to bring justice to the world that doesn't care about him

so stupid



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
there would be a lawsuit so hard and fast on them it would make their damn head spin..............

they would have to cut the police force down just so they could pay their people, with the ammount of money id make them put in my bank account.........

Why does an agency want someone so bad they just shoot random people w out a positive ID?

Then burn a place down around him, along with any evidence..........

WHY?

Something is NOT right



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I really hate how sue-happy this nation is BUT

BUT

If there are two people that deserve to win a fat lawsuit it's these two. Clean the LAPD's clock, ladies.



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Probably a truck they got in a drug bust. Now the women must fear the bloods or crypts see their pimped out truck and they will want to take it back. The irony of LAPD



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
That is a nice gesture but if they obtained a lawyer it will be about three million short.


A nice gesture? Come on now. The cops turned their truck, and them, into swiss cheese, for literally no reason at all.

A nice gesture? Sounds like the bare minimum to me. These women should get a check worth at least 7 figures. If it were me, I'd squeeze them for every penny I could. Budget is the only thing that speaks to these departments.

Seriously, this is a farce.
edit on 13-2-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)
edit on 13-2-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by WanderingThe3rd
another reason why they should of just let him go back to the mountains.

NO one, i repeat NO ONE would of got hurt

now they have to go explain to all these families why they had to chase down this one man to bring justice to the world that doesn't care about him

so stupid


I keep seeing you push this, but you ignore the part where Dorner (supposedly) declared war. He wouldnt have stayed in the mountains. He would have attacked again.

I dont condone the way this has all played out, but they couldnt just let him go.



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
That is a nice gesture but if they obtained a lawyer it will be about three million short.


I reckon you're even light with that figure. Like holy crap, how much more traumatic can it get?

Just out delivering papers, then blamo! Trigger happy gestapo to ruin your life. A jury would award a hefty sum.



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Well at least it something we all agree on. Were the women illegals or was it an unlicensed truck or ,or ,or

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alora
I really hate how sue-happy this nation is BUT

BUT

If there are two people that deserve to win a fat lawsuit it's these two. Clean the LAPD's clock, ladies.


Agreed.

I's unfortunate that the funds come out of the public coffer. IMO the officers responsible should be criminally charged...



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by xquietonex
 


I sure hope they did not sign away legal rights for a new truck.


These people are going to get millions and millions if they follow legal action against the LAPD.



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask


Why does an agency want someone so bad they just shoot random people w out a positive ID?

Then burn a place down around him, along with any evidence..........

WHY?

Something is NOT right



Agreed....

This case stinks as bad as Sandy Hook



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
did we shoot you, our bad, heres a new truck, get well soon. hahaha



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I would take the incident to court and have a settlement, buy about 10 BETTER trucks!

Apology and vehicle equates to actions of law enforcement that could cost lives? I don't think so.



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots
 


true i did miss that.

what i did catch though was the fact police opened fire first.

big no no in my books



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by WanderingThe3rd
reply to post by captaintyinknots
 


true i did miss that.

what i did catch though was the fact police opened fire first.

big no no in my books


I'm not sure thats true. He took the first shots (allegedly) last week. Now dont get me wrong, I think how the LAPD handled this was wrong to the point of being gross, and I think the idea of a Kill On Sight order being given is so wrong that the department should be put on trial for crimes against the constitution, but he did (allegedly) take the technical 'first shot' in this ordeal.



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
There is a huge, colossal, serious, earth shattering, system destroying problem here when the "authorities" act this way.

Under no circumstances, NO CIRCUMSTANCES, should anyone get a pass on what these cops did.

Every wobbling bobbling head from the grunt morons who pulled the triggers to their complete chain of CO's up to Holder needs to come out and admit there is something disgustingly wrong with the way these cops run their ships and set in motion a complete overhaul of how law enforcement is performed in every department nationwide.

But instead, they buy their victims off with a bribe and the fed hands them another $10 million to spend on urban assault vehicles, M4's, tacticool dress-up outfits and they pick up right where they left off. Oh, and drones. I cant forget those blessed drones.

Hand a monkey a loaded gun and call it law enforcement.



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by xquietonex
 


I remember reading about the LAPD's operational snafu & wondered about this hypothetical: if the victims had been legally armed, returned fire & managed to diffuse the threat these officers erroneously perpetrated against them, would they face charges? Is it a requirement that a person allow himself or herself to potentially be injured or killed by law enforcement officials, all while knowing that you've aggressed against no one, much less violated any law?

I have yet to read about this line of inquiry in the MSM.
edit on 13-2-2013 by Kovenov because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kovenov
reply to post by xquietonex
 


I remember reading about the LAPD's operational snafu & wondered about this hypothetical: if the victims had been legally armed, returned fire & managed to diffuse the threat these officers erroneously perpetrated against them, would they face charges? Is it a requirement that a person allow himself or herself to potentially be injured or killed by law enforcement officials, all while knowing that you've aggressed against no one, much less violated any law?

I have yet to read about this line of inquiry in the MSM.
edit on 13-2-2013 by Kovenov because: (no reason given)


Interesting question...the law would hypothetically allow for self defense in this case, but if we play devil's advocate and assume your scenario played out...I can only imagine the ladies would either be summarily executed by additional LAPD as they arrive, or spend years in jail fighting the legal battle that they acted in self defense.

Hard to say what one would do in such a situation if one were armed. But as I frequently read from ex-mil, training and instinct takes over.

I would have to imagine that, if I taking unexpected heavy fire from actors unknown, I wouldn't spend much time pleading my innocence...I would undoubtedly return fire and deal with the consequences if I survived.

I can't imagine a jury in the world would convict me for self-defense, but I would expect to spend the next decade or so in some hellish mixture of jail and court.

I have the utmost respect for the (majority of) police, who do the best they can for society in what is a difficult job and at risk to their own life and limb. These trigger-happy morons in LA have done a huge disservice to peace officers worldwide.

For that, I hope they are held to account...both in this world and the next.





new topics




 
6

log in

join