An Act Requiring Behavioral Health Assessments For Children. Bill No. 374

page: 1

join

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Proposed Bill No. 374

This is Connecticut State Proposed Bill No. 374. Introduced by State Sen. Harp and State Rep. Walker. I've posted this in the Education Forum for a reason. First the wording of the Bill.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives in General Assembly convened: That section 10-206 of the general statutes be amended to require (1) each pupil enrolled in public school at grades 6, 8, 10 and 12 and each home-schooled child at ages 12, 14 and 17 to have a confidential behavioral health assessment, the results of which shall be disclosed only to the child's parent or guardian, and (2) each health care provider performing a child's behavioral health assessment to complete the appropriate form supplied by the State Board of Education verifying that the child has received the assessment.

There are 3 ways to educate children and only 2 are covered by this Bill. Some of you have noticed, for those that haven't, PRIVATE SCHOOLS are exempt by not being included in this Bill. And I do not think that is an oversight.

Several members here on ATS in other threads have proposed that because of the Sandy Hook incident that Politicians are going to use this to limit certain freedoms and expand government powers. First Amendment by trying to silence Conspiracy Theorists about False Flag event. Second Amendment by banning some firearms and accessories. This could well be another, with mandatory mental health evaluations and particular a way to limit or ban home-schooling.

But why the omission of PRIVATE SCHOOLS? The Bill also only states that "health care providers" conduct these evaluations, that is not very specific. The Bill does not state how, and what the children will be scored or what action is to be taken after said evaluations.

I have read many posts on ATS saying that the country has a mental health problem. Is this the fix that many were seeking? Would any of you parents have a problem with this? Would anyone of you have an issue with a Government Board of Education representative coming into your home and conducting a mental evaluation on your child? Do any of you have a concern of abuse of this power by the system against it citizens?

Right now this is just a proposed Bill in Connecticut, what about a nationwide policy?

edit on 2/13/2013 by kosmicjack because: fixed title all caps

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a way to weed off this kids that dont accept whats being told to them so they can get drugs in their system as soon as possible.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by WanderingThe3rd
a way to weed off this kids that dont accept whats being told to them so they can get drugs in their system as soon as possible.

That is exactly right.

But as usual, the politicians' kids, and wealthy campaign contributors kids who go to private schools are exempt.

Do as I say, not as I do.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

each pupil enrolled in public school at grades 6, 8, 10 and 12 and each home-schooled child at ages 12, 14 and 17

To me, this has nothing to do with schools, the safety, and well-being of children, and everything to do with finding those who don't fit into what society wants them to be....and as another poster pointed out, a way to shove more drugs down the throats of the masses.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
First of, as the mother of a problem child, no way in hell I would allow the schools to do this to my son. They are already overstepping their bounds in telling parents their children should be on X drug.
Second, you cannot make me believe that some government agency somewhere, would not have access to this information.
Third, of course private schools would be exempt. Can't have senators or congressman's children being submitted to this. Only the general populations children need to be controlled.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I'm noy sure if this is THE solution but it does seem to be in the same zip code. We clearly have a seious and insidious mental health crisis in this country: depression and suicide, bullying, and violence. The recent shooting rampages were all committed by young people who were known to be suffering from menatl health issues. Yet no one did anything about it. Think back to the several kids that committed suicide because of bullying. There's something seriously wrong and we need to address it before more kids die. Is this bill the solution? I doubt it. I've yet to see anything cooked-up by politiicians that is worth jack. But yes, I believe some sort of periodic assessment through schools --- ALL schools --- is the way to go. But it should be designed by healthcare professionals, not politicians.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Tricky wording, this excludes the elite because they can afford private schools..Very good catch OP. The elite are getting in a lot of trouble also but their actions have many times been covered up so they don't show up on the records. We need to find all the bad eggs if we are going to grade the eggs. I think that this Bill proposal is a joke.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

disturbing, considering this is, in effect, also an assessment of the parents. you think they won't then evaluate the parent(s) next if their child(ren) received a dissatisfactory score. then what if the parents fail...? failure will eventually require all family members to be tagged with an RFID chip!.. or something similar. otherwise, why conduct the assessments if they dont then track those that dont pass, as those "failures" go through "rehabilitation"

idk
edit on 13-2-2013 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I was wondering when the legistlation would begin. And here it is.

Finally, a way to put a parent in jail for not properly taking a dump upon their child's sense of adventure, creativity and imagination with an eensy-teensy ittle pill. Each day that passes, it will become more and more important that each child is born to someone capable of some critical thought.

I hope that handbasket is lined with ice.

There's a reason for the dearth of artists in China, and it ain't the paint-shortage.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I have to admit when I read this I wasn't thinking about the possibility of increased use of SSRI's. My first thought was that using this could decrease or eliminate home schooling. But these evaluations could be a multi-prong monster used for several reasons.

Getting more kids on prescription drugs, then stopping the home schooling, and even removal of firearms from home due to unbalanced children residing there. I just see it has having too much potential for abuse and being far too open ended.

Thank you all for posting your opinions.
edit on 13-2-2013 by Carreau because: sp

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

Arent private schools bound by private contracts between the parents and the private school.

They are paying for it, arent they?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

I don't understand what you are asking. Of course the parents are paying the private schools for their children to attend. What does that have to do with them being exempted from this proposed law?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Originally posted by WanderingThe3rd

That is exactly right.

But as usual, the politicians' kids, and wealthy campaign contributors kids who go to private schools are exempt.

Do as I say, not as I do.

Sad part is, they're the nuttiest bunch a whacknuts out there. It's from all the cousin &**&^^*%&^%.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
This is a double edged sword parents......yer kids will be encouraged to sqeal on you too if er a prepper, a pot smaker, a moonshiner, pr whatever...all good enough excuses to remove the kids....
I bet they will get whole regiments of kids this way.....
These nazis have got to be stopped they are everywhere....

new topics
top topics

join