It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why doesnt the new topics page update?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I notice all the time when I click on the new topics page or the firehose that it doesnt update,sometimes for hours

BUt if I delete my browsing history it seems to update right after that. So I wanted to post this just in case other member are having the same problem and havnt tried deleteing their browsing history

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

It updates for me.

I think it's all dynamically generated content, so it should update every time you visit the page. Do you see the little spinning circles when you click on that page?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
This is slightly off topic in regards to the page in question, however, here's a trick (if you don't mind using Chrome, although other browsers have similar add-ons)

There is an add-on (extension) for Chrome called Chrome Refresh 1.7 that will auto reload a URL, Website, or individual tab.

I go to the Recent Posts page and depending the time of day set the page to reload at certain intervals which shows not only new threads posted in real time, but also any thread that has been posted to in real time, but it would work with any page (tab).

I even made a short video because I was going to make a thread about how to do it (I thought I did make a thread but I couldn't find it lol).

edit on 2/13/2013 by UberL33t because: tags

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
reply to post by goou111

It updates for me.

I think it's all dynamically generated content, so it should update every time you visit the page. Do you see the little spinning circles when you click on that page?

yeah I see the spinning circles and sometimes they spin forever then when they stop it will be the same unupdated page

it has gone hours for me before lol. but deleting my browser history definatly does the trick

join