It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Dorner’s Wallet Found – Twice! (actually thrice)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
MODS PLEASE MOVE TO APPROPRIATE FORUM

Ok I thought it was just me until I saw this article:

______beforeitsnews/blogging-citizen-journalism/2013/02/chris-dorners-wallet-found-twice-2445480.html
Please forgive the "Before it's news" link as I'm only using it to rectify my findings.

Also here:
latimesblogs.latimes.com...
"After authorities interviewed the boat captain early Thursday, they found Dorner's wallet and identification cards "at the San Ysidro Point of Entry" near the U.S.-Mexico border."

here:
www.utsandiego.com...
"Thursday, when it was reported that a shuttle bus driver turned over Dorner’s wallet, LAPD police badge and photo ID to San Diego police after a passer-by found them near Lindbergh Field."

also:
"San Diego Police Chief Bill Lansdowne said Tuesday that the items were found in the middle of Pacific Highway and Laurel Street.

Several items of Dorner’s police gear were also found early last week behind National City police headquarters."

And now they found his 3rd wallet in the burned out cabin?

Did he have 3 sets of ID and wallets? I can understand the Police badge and ID being seperate possibly but this was never stated.

So we have 3 wallets found in 3 different places.

First wallet: Lindbergh Field by bus driver
Second wallet: San Ysidro Point of Entry
Third wallet: Burnt Cabin (how did this survive unscathed while the body was burnt beyond recognition?)

Possible 4th wallet: Behind Police Headquarters

Either he was so wealthy he had multiple wallets, or he had additional wallets for misdirection, OR the LAPD is full of it or just plain stupid.
edit on 13-2-2013 by paratus because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-2-2013 by paratus because: Mods

edit on 13-2-2013 by paratus because: remove mod move comment

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Silly guy. All he has to do is give his wallet to Waldo. They'll never find it then!

seriously though - if true, someone didn't plan this very well.

Interesting stuff indeed

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Why is this in skunkworks?

I recall his wallet and id being at the mexican border.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana

Exactly, then how was it burnt in the cabin, left on a bus and found behind the police station?

Any ideas?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I thought that was odd to,them saying they found his id in the burnt out cabin when it was found on Feb.6.

Investigators said they believe Dorner tried to steal a boat from someone in San Diego. He failed and fled, LAPD Chief Charlie Beck said. Later, a wallet is found containing Dorner’s identification and an LAPD detective’s badge near the San Diego airport, police said.

fox4kc.com...

Christopher Dorner, the suspect in four killings who had been on the run for six days, never emerged from the ruins, but hours later a charred body was found inside a cabin. An official briefed on the investigation tells The Associated Press that a wallet with a California driver's license with the name Christopher Dorner has been found in the burned rubble of a cabin.

www.foxnews.com...
edit on 13-2-2013 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
This has to rank in the top 10 of worst cover stories ever.

Whoever creates the scenarios needs to do a much better job....multiple ID's found is just getting sloppy.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
I thought that was odd to,them saying they found his id in the burnt out cabin when it was found on Feb.6.

Investigators said they believe Dorner tried to steal a boat from someone in San Diego. He failed and fled, LAPD Chief Charlie Beck said. Later, a wallet is found containing Dorner’s identification and an LAPD detective’s badge near the San Diego airport, police said.

fox4kc.com...

I'm not much for geography however I think you may have just found the 5th wallet by the San Diego Airport!
How did he even have room for food and ammo if he was carry a half dozen wallets???

Just kidding Lindbergh Field is the Airport

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Five wallets, really

Why do I get the feeling someone has messed up their stories big time.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Reminds me of the 9-11 hijacker's passport that "miraculously" survived.

Of all the evidence produced in relation to the 9/11 attacks, perhaps none has been as notorious as the passport of one of the hijackers, recovered from 9/11. The discovery was treated with scorn almost immediately, with talk of "indestructible passports" (and comments like "why don't they build planes out of the material they use to make Saudi passports") spreading all over the web. It must have been planted because such a delicate item would surely have been destroyed, said almost everyone.

Personal Effects and the Crash-Proof Passport

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

Reminds me of the 9-11 hijacker's passport that "miraculously" survived.

Of all the evidence produced in relation to the 9/11 attacks, perhaps none has been as notorious as the passport of one of the hijackers, recovered from 9/11. The discovery was treated with scorn almost immediately, with talk of "indestructible passports" (and comments like "why don't they build planes out of the material they use to make Saudi passports") spreading all over the web. It must have been planted because such a delicate item would surely have been destroyed, said almost everyone.

Personal Effects and the Crash-Proof Passport

I heard they have a new way to instantly put our forest fires and a new space age material for fire proofing homes:

WALLETS

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana

Yes, why is it in skunkworks?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I asked the mods to move to the appropriate forum.
As I was not sure where it belonged...

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by paratus
I asked the mods to move to the appropriate forum.
As I was not sure where it belonged...

Well in my humble opinion, it definitely does not belong in skunkworks. These are legitimate questions. Any moderators willing to give an explanation?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I find the whole story incredibly bizarre as well. However: The San Ysidro story said his badge and "identification cards" (plural) were found in the wallet. The latest story says that his California Driver's License was found "with the body" in the burned-out cabin.

Either the reporting is sloppy, Dorner had multiple counterfeit IDs, or he had all sorts of "identification cards". Why is a terminated officer allowed to keep police badge and ID? Doesn't that have to be turned in upon termination??

They're either going to have to clean up and clarify this story, or they're going to have to "scrub" previous stories concerning the multiple wallets / IDs. In fact, it's already happened. The first story of the death in the cabin reported that a wallet was found. Now I see it's just the CDL.

If the body is burned badly enough that they could not make a positive ID, why would his CDL not have melted? I suppose it's possible, if it was in his back pocket and he was lying on his back, but still.....I'm just as likely to believe that the ID was planted on the body after the fact.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
That's a lot of wallets. Know what else is strange?
This

Dorner’s Mom Spotted Drinking Wine, Eating Chips While Watching Standoff

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I don't put a lot of faith in news agencies reporting on these situations. Everyone wants to be first to post the news and they don't always pay attention or care about accuracy. My guess is they just got a story, ran with it and didn't bother to fact check.

There is the possibility the guy was smart enough to plant multiple IDs to throw the police off the trail too. Find one at the airport and they're going to waste resources making sure he didn't hop on a flight.

The unburned wallet/ID doesn't actually bug me. I've been in a home that was completely burned (the second story collapsed) after it was made safe and was amazed how many random things survived when others didn't. Books were the strangest. The covers were screwed up but if you opened them the pages were fine save for the edges.

It's good to be vigilant and ask questions but I wouldn't automatically jump to the conclusion that everything was planted and that this news is somehow a smoking gun.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Bizarre that this thread is in here. It's all over the place that 2-3 wallets were reported found. There's nothing speculative about it, there's media reports to back it up.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by robhines

I agree. I have 3 wallets with ID in all of them. And on my persons for vigilante assaults, if the need ever arise.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Under normal circumstances it would be odd to have multiple id's and wallets, but I think Chris was screwing with the police and using misdirection, I wouldn't be surprised if he obtained multiple id's just to lead them on a goose chase.

They are also saying he may have had help... so imagine, you have your friend drop one of your id's and wallet out somewhere far away from where you're planning to hit?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
so his intact wallet was found in a burnt out building with a charred body?...if thats correct he must have had some super secret top secret wallet made from a super secret top secret material that is 'flame retardent' and can make copies of itself.....egads,,,i was gunna say 'how dumb do they think the population is' but i think i already know the answer to that question..and that is very very dumb....and the best way to avoid answering this question is to never acknowedge the question in the first place.....just watch, the question will be avoided at all cost.....

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join