It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I dumped my boyfriend last night.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by miss_sky
reply to post by ~widowmaker~

when i said stayed in bed the whole time i meant in bed for the whole 3 days we visited. alot of sex was involved, but the constantly just staying in bed got to me i also wanted to go out and do things.

Ok, ok, ok, NOW we get to the bottom of things. The above sentences tells me all I need to know.

He Just Wanted Sex.

Let me repeat that:

He Just Wanted Sex.

He became bored with you -- and ultimately the relationship, for him, became about sex. All he wanted to do was bang you. Going out with you, the thought of it, just bored him.

When a man loses interest in a woman, he often begins to see her as a sex object and will use her up for sex as long as he can before it ends.

This is the harsh, harsh truth.

I'm sure you put a lot into it, but for him, he was getting bored.

You did what was best for you.
edit on 15-2-2013 by CUBD1 because: needed to add some stuff

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Enemyc0mbatant

sounds about right

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Somebody cares.
This topic has made 6 pages.
You did the right thing girl.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Thanks so much for all the advice there are so many nice people on ats. that's why this is my favorite sight.

The people that like to attack and say rude things must be very miserable people, I feel sorry for you.

If I see a thread I'm not interested in I don't read it

edit on 15-2-2013 by miss_sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Breaking up is a really horrible thing to deal with, especially after that long, but you need to be with someone who treats you right and it definitely seems like your relationship just stalled and couldn't get back up.

My last relationship I was in for near enough 11 months and it was just awful towards the end. Constant arguments, constant clashing, being treat like property not a person, having him wanting to control what I did, how I looked, what I wore, jealousy... All that stuff. I suppose it had been like that all the way through but it was my first proper relationship and I was too stupid to notice. So I dumped him a month before our anniversary, and he was angry, made my life hell for a good six months and basically made it perfectly clear he was only with me for one thing. Which I'm sure, from reading the thread, you can relate to.
Then he apologised, said he shouldn't've acted like that, said he didn't mean it, he was joking, and when I didn't take the apology he went back to being nasty again. Now, we don't talk. He isn't worth the hassle and I've given him more than one chance because I actually don't like not speaking to people and haven't ever ended on bad terms with any boyfriend in the past.

So I got back with my first ever childhood boyfriend, first kiss, first love, all that nonsense. I can see the difference between the two and I don't regret breaking up with the other guy whatsoever even with the hassle he's insisted on given me through it since. I think he genuinely thought if he got at me enough and made me feel bad enough about myself I'd take him back, so don't fall into that trap if you think you've done the right thing and he has no intention of changing.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that there'll be someone out there for you somewhere and providing you don't think you've done the wrong thing you won't have done. I really hope you find someone better for you soon but if not, what the hey. Being single is nice enough, you don't have to worry about anyone else and think of all the free time you'll have not needing to set aside time for phone calls and weekends for seeing him.

Get back out there, continue to believe in yourself, and have some fun.

edit on 21/3/2013 by Ayana because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

Well ya know J.....considering I can't stand myself why bother??? Lmao!!!

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by miss_sky

I bet you're a wonderful woman sky and any man would be lucky to have a girl who cares about them so much! BTW Happy Easter! I got 10 blue eggs for mine....

edit on 31-3-2013 by jheated5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Thank you J.....you must be a great guy yourself!

Happy easter to you.....so far I only got 2 blue eggs, but I'm going to find more.....that easter bunny loves to hide things on me!!

edit on 31-3-2013 by miss_sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I sent you a U2U so whenever you need advice let me know!

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Your the best!

Second line.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
you did the right thing, continuing the relationship only would have been harder in the end.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
hi guys its been a long time since i been on here but Ive been really busy with my new sweetheart!

Ive know him for about 15 years and we dated before but we were both in the wrong places in our life for it to get serious. So we both have been members of ATS for a long time....we didn't meet on here but ATS gets the credit for the reconnection. We started hanging out all the time and he swept me off my feet, took my breath away all that good stuff, i cant put it into words but it was like magic! i didn't even know it was happening all of a sudden i was there!! we have been together for 10 months now and he still treats me like a queen and gives me ALLLL the attention I want and could ever need. ( yeah i love attention....always have always will!)

we both fight alot, but we always make up. We love each other so much that we always use silly excuses to make up with each other and then laugh about it later. we both think that one of the reasons we fight so much is that we are so much the same its crazy, we both think the same way, we finish each other sentences ( if hes thinking it i say it!). We also figured out a bunch of personality traits we both share, we work though everything...so now when we get into these fights its a lot easier to overcome and forget about it. he is definitely my soul mate and i never knew love could be like this, and i never knew i could be treated so good. no relationship is perfect....but its perfect to us and that's all that matters!

sorry for being so sappy but i cant help it...and yes thats right im boasting again about a relationship but this time its ALLLL GOOD!! I just want to say again thank you for all the advice and so many responses and support. Looking back on this thread i see many of you were right about a lot of things so venting on here wasnt such a bad idea at all.

dont worry...if things go south ill be making another thread..and so will he!!! hahahahahaha

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

This post seems to be working really hard to convince... who exactly?

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

LadySkadi

This post seems to be working really hard to convince... who exactly?

My thoughts exactly. And judging from the time stamps of the posts, the OP broke up with her boyfriend of a year and a half and had a new one not even 2 months later. Is that just a female thing? Any time I've had breakups where I was with someone for over a year or two, I always took time to myself after and never rebounded. Maybe I'm just more comfortable being single for extended periods of time, but I noticed a lot of people seem to be in new relationships like a month after leaving a long term partner these days. Is that the norm now or am I just old fashioned?

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

im not trying to convince at all...just sharing my happiness. who? what does it matter???

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join