It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I dumped my boyfriend last night.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by zilebeliveunknown
reply to post by intrepid

The only issue I see here is that they were dragging themselves year and a half to make a step further in their relationship.

Maybe that step wasn't taken because it wasn't the right time... or the right decision. Don't jump into a relationship that already has problems. Fix the problems first and see if there is a relationship there.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by cody599
Just be careful about that rebound it can be a

Especially around here. The ATS boys see a newly single lady... RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!!!!

Damn you Intrepid I thought I was in there

That's the first time I've ever given 2 stars for a reply
edit on 13-2-2013 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by miss_sky

long distance relationships have a 75% fail rate.

this explains it all. the time that you guys spent apart was what did you in.

by not being in close contact with your partner you dont have anything to talk about, you cant share stories of things you experienced through t a daily basis, therefore the relationship becomes boring and stale.

and no offense but you probably weren't satisfying his sexual needs as well. (just my opinion)
edit on 13-2-2013 by EnoEht because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Sounds to me like he was burning his candle at both ends - your end and his. Might explain why he was tired all the time and too busy to text you.. Guys like that give the rest of us a bad name. Good call on your part.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R

Maybe there's something he's no telling you. He seems to be sick quite a bit. And yes, you can be sick enough not to call.

What you have written...I have been thinking the same thing. He might have a serious medical issue; that he is afraid to find out about etc.

edit on 13-2-2013 by caladonea because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnoEht
and no offense but you probably weren't satisfying his sexual needs as well. (just my opinion)

Um, what about hers? That's a 2 way street. Just saying.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I think you have that one backward. He was getting his needs met before they got together on weekends and HE was not stepping up.

I had a 18 month relationship just like that, except I was the one staying faithful.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Be fair here Cal. We don't know all that's here. It's difficult to know what's really going on long distance. She can only go off what she's observing. Secondly I have a feeling this is a young couple. Not everyone has gone through the meat grinder to get experience yet.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

reply to post by caladonea

Be fair here Cal. We don't know all that's here. It's difficult to know what's really going on long distance. She can only go off what she's observing. Secondly I have a feeling this is a young couple. Not everyone has gone through the meat grinder to get experience yet.

You are so right...I did an edit...I am grumpy today...sorry. Really...I don't know either one of them.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

well i can tell you from personal experience as being a guy, she could be the coolest girl on earth, she could lve to fish and camp, and play video games, and hang out at the beach and have great conversations...

but..if she cant get down and dirty every now and then...well id be getting bored too

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

I think you have that one backward. He was getting his needs met before they got together on weekends and HE was not stepping up.

I had a 18 month relationship just like that, except I was the one staying faithful.

men are adventurous creatures...you need to change things up every now and then..yea sure you could be "meeting" his needs..but just laying there and taking it, wont cut it...you gotta switch things up, otherwise we just get bored and look for a female that is willing to go the extra mile.

i'll scratch your back if you scratch mine

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

well i can tell you from personal experience as being a guy, she could be the coolest girl on earth, she could lve to fish and camp, and play video games, and hang out at the beach and have great conversations...

but..if she cant get down and dirty every now and then...well id be getting bored too

Hey hey
Careful guys this is a hurt lady we're talking about not a chimpanzee.
Please be respectful

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Agreed but it gave me an idea for a decent thread though.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
First, correct me if I am wrong, you didn't dump him just because he quit calling or texting as much? It was that he didn't do what he promised? One that he would change, two that he would call after PROMISING a change, 3 that he didn't talk when he did call and 4 when it was the weekend he didn't want to do anything but stay in bed?
I don't think be was being a coward and doing things to make her do the break up, because he begged and promised a change if she gave him a second chance. If he wanted out he had it right then, he didn't have to beg for a second chance.
OP, I hope you didn't it and there be something really wrong with him. Maybe something he is too embarrassed to tell you or maybe something bad and he doesn't want you worring or feeling sorry for him
I know someone else posted that a person can be that sick and I have to agree. I hope you if you are together or apart, you both find happiness

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Please U2U me when you create thread.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

reply to post by cody599

Agreed but it gave me an idea for a decent thread though.

The stars and flags you get for it are mine

Look forward to reading it.
Seriously though Let's be sensitive

And like wide eyes said

edit on 13-2-2013 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Yes, the thread must be written. And soon.

eta: On topic to the OP:

Most men are lazy. Yes, most go to work and do a hard graft but the only reason they do that is so they can support their otherwise lazy lifestyle. If he texts less it could be because he can't be bothered or he doesn't know what to say. It could also be because he hasn't got much credit on his pay as you go phone and he's trying to eek it out.

However, he might not tell you this because he's scared you will think he is poor.

Just some thoughts.
edit on 13-2-2013 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Here it is. Probably not what you expected but I totally believe it.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by glen200376

That's totally your choice to think I'm needy. But let me explain myself. I believe for a long distance relationship to work (we only see each other on the weekend) therefore, I think its important to stay in touch during the week through phone calls, text, and Skype. Now if it was a local relationship there wouldn't be a need for all that. So I don't consider myself needy.

How am I boasting about my choice to break up? Please explain.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by EnoEht

As for not meeting his sexual needs you are dead wrong. Our sex life was great.but a relationship isn't all about sex. Its also about going out and enjoying other things together.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join