It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olympic Arms Statement (will not do business with the State of New York until gun laws are repealed)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

How many times have you been shot at?

How many times has a "demented gun owner" drawn down on you?

The fact is a person is more likely to be drawn on and shot at by the police than us "demented gun owners".

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex
reply to post by NavyDoc

I don't think that is what he said. He was just pointing out the reality of the situation and then enjoying a little Schadenfreude.

It's the demented attitude that many pro-gun people have.

They seem to enjoy the idea of people who choose to not own a gun being murdered.

Again, it is just juvenile behavior that makes pro-gun people look very very bad...and people like you defending that behavior is just as bad.

Shrug. And I recall anti-gun people calling for Charleton Heston to get shot. I hear all the time that the NRA member sshould get shot or beaten or imprisoned. You, yourself have called gun owners demented and claim we all "enjoy the idea of people getting murdered" so there is plenty of nasty rhetoric to go around, I guess. I want you to live a free and happy life without being told what to do. I want you to be free to make any and every choice you wish as long as you do not want to ahrm others. If you want to own a gun or not, you should be free to make that choice for yourself. Would you give me the same courtesy of freedom of choice, or would you have the government curtail that choice?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

And I recall anti-gun people calling for Charleton Heston to get shot. I hear all the time that the NRA member sshould get shot or beaten or imprisoned.

Really? You see that often here on ATS? Because I see pro-gun people all the time commenting with glee about how they hope non-gun owners get killed due them not owning a gun.

If you have examples of that, go ahead and show me, I'll call them out and condemn them.

You, yourself have called gun owners demented and claim we all "enjoy the idea of people getting murdered"

Yes, because if you didn't notice...a pro-gun advocate made a comment saying just that...and he go support for it. And you are defending him on it.

Now I would have respect for you if you just came out and said it was wrong for your pro-gun friends to go around cheerfully commenting on non-gun owners getting murdered. But instead, you defend them and claim it is ok since you have heard "anti-gun" people make ugly claims as well.

But you didn't do that, so I have no respect for you and see you just as bad as those for delighting in the though of people being murdered.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I think this is a very sensible way of doing things. It also highlights just how ridiculous it is for one state within a nation to have a totally different set of laws than another.

Bloody madness, is always rooted in other madness.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
www.denverpost.com...

because of this happening magpul and Alfred Manufacturing are leaving the state of Colorado to set up business in other states and in relation to this thread magpul is a huge magazine manufacture so i can see them possibly doing the same thing as Olympic arms did and not sell to state and federal officials www.alfredmfg.com... info on company leaving Denver seems they were not even gun related but had been in Colorado since 1948 so thats a pretty established company just uprooting its self

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Two more:

Currently, there are several parts of the country that have restrictions on civilian ownership of certain magazines or types of ammunition. Sometimes it is entire states and sometimes local municipalities pass these regulations, which I consider unconstitutional. At any rate, when we encounter these situations it has always been our policy not to sell to anyone in these areas, regardless of what law enforcement or government credentials they offer up. If the laws change and all law abiding citizens can buy these products we would be happy to sell to Law Enforcement, but not before then. Thanks for taking the time to be involved. I wish all firearms would follow your lead.
Midway USA

Recently, companies such as LaRue Tactical and Olympic Arms have announced that they will no longer sell prohibited items to government agencies and personnel in states that deny the right to own those items to civilians. It has been and will continue to be Cheaper Than Dirt’s policy to not to sell prohibited items to government agencies and/or agents in states, counties, cities, and municipalities that have enacted restrictive gun control laws against their citizens. We support and encourage other companies that share in this policy.
CTD

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

That's fine, but the State should simply be going to another supplier. Right or wrong, just or unjust, private industry should have no hold over government.

Considering lobbyists pretty much write the laws and large finance corporations pretty much ARE the government, I fail to see the validity of your statement.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
reply to post by boncho

That's fine, but the State should simply be going to another supplier. Right or wrong, just or unjust, private industry should have no hold over government.

Considering lobbyists pretty much write the laws and large finance corporations pretty much ARE the government, I fail to see the validity of your statement.

I don't know, that's kinda like saying the Nazi's wiped out most the jews so who cares if we sterilize them all. Sorry for being over dramatic and kind of blowing it out of proportion... But it's true.

Another comment I made in this thread was blown out of proportion too. GMO milk, blah, blah, blah, being mandated by private corps to be fed to you. Call it Soylent Green, call it whatever you want. 100's of loons come on these boards daily whining about antibiotics in their food supply, growth hormones, fluoride and the like, but somehow when it comes to guns, they have no qualms of a private industry forcefully pressing government action.

The less grip the government has over itself and the further we let that grip vanish, the less effective a government can be in its duty.

At this point, government has already become completely useless.

One member mentioned that even with 100% opposition from the people, the US Gov would still instil a law they were behind. While a unpopular law recently was struck down in Canada because of the will of the people. What does that say about Canadian Gov? Maybe it works, maybe this was all planned and a new law will make it through... Time will tell.

Just because we have lobbyists, do we accept without conditions private biz to manipulate Gov by determining who they will or will not service, send product to, support? This sounds very similar to the days when aristocrats chose which clans and factions they would back to see themselves the best possibility of increasing their own wealth.

Either the gov works for corporations, or people. Either its actions are dictated by the will of the people, or the will of private business.

I actually believe in the 2nd amendment rights laid out in the constitution. However, if you think a multi national arms dealing corporation gives two #s about you or anyone else's rights in the country, you're sadly mistaken.

If eye for eye laws were allowed, mid day shootings for grievances by common men, the arms dealers would be jumping at the chance to sell weapons to anyone that would buy....

Just because it appears someone is on your side, doesn't make it so.

Technically, the gov is supposed to be, which seems to be a dismal failure in the US.

Just my opinion.
edit on 16-2-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-2-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by boncho

But that's what lobbyists do. Shortly after 9/11 airports were told by Tom Daschle, his wife was an L-3 lobbyist, that they either bought the L-3 EDS scanner and installed it in all airports, or the airport that didn't lost all federal funding until they did. The FAA IG determined that the L-3 EDS was substandard to other systems, but they're still all over the country. How is that different than this?

How is what you are saying is right?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Excellent, multiple gun companies have followed OA and are now boycotting sales to states who violate the 2nd amendment. This is the beauty of a republic, when a state goes stupid, just move to a different state that aligns with your values.

For example, all you gun-grabber tards should move to Maryland or D.C., Or LA, Or Chicago, or NY. You will be *safe* there. Enjoy your safety. Us gun ppl will go live in the *unsafe* wild-west in the states and cities that allow CCW and enjoy the 2nd amendment.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
And another:

Updated Policy for State and Local Law Enforcement Agency Sales:

In light of the recent and numerous anti-gun and anti-2nd Amendment laws pending across the Nation, Spike’s Tactical will be joining other manufacturers and distributors and limiting the business we do in states that have limited the right to keep and bear arms for their citizens . . .

As of today, it will be our policy not to sell prohibited items to law enforcement agencies, government agencies and agents in states, counties, cities and municipalities that have enacted restrictive gun control laws against their citizens. We urge other companies to join in support.
Spikes Tactical

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I am glad to see more manufacturers jumping on the band wagon. It is a powerful statement but I dont think that these clowns get it....Government (including federal, state and local law enforcement) is "of the people, by the people and for the people"....deny "the people" their right to bear certain arms and expect it to affect you as well.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join