It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olympic Arms Statement (will not do business with the State of New York until gun laws are repealed)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

I got an ad for gambling in Las Vegas... What did you get?

go gamble more link works

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

How are all you guys applauding private business dictate government action. Excuse me while I refuse my Pfizer sponsored, IGF-1 Hormonal anti-biotic, MAO Inhibitor infused yogurt that is mandated for all to eat every morning.

Dear god...
edit on 13-2-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

The difference is that they aren't forcing you to buy anything.
Only that, citing case law btw to back up their position, the ban new york wants to enforce is bordering on or just outright unconstitutional.

Also people dictate government action all the time. And sometimes for very good reasons.
Like the banning of CFC's for one example. Which btw that pesky hole in the ozone layer is gettting smaller finally.

So there are reasons to applause even private enterprise from time to time when they do the right thing.

That's fine, but the State should simply be going to another supplier. Right or wrong, just or unjust, private industry should have no hold over government.

well they dont but you think there prices just went up? as it should

NY police and entities should aslo only be aloud to have 7 rounds in a mag.

For that matter alot of inocent lives lost in our wars, if only 7 rounds a mags alot of lives would be saved, nothing makes born american special unless living the good life in america.
edit on 14-2-2013 by chapterhouse because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-2-2013 by chapterhouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

But it's ok with you when giant corporations dictate the government, policy and the way we live? Double standard much?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

These private industries you're ranting on and on about are not on the side of themselves or profit, unlike the giant coporations whose sole purpose is profit at everyone's expense. Olympic is taking a stand for the rights of the people. You know, that thing which our government is supposed to be doing.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
You know, on second thought, even if US gun Mfg's stop selling to the Govt (which they wont do, theyre their biggest customer) the Govt would just buy AK's or FN's or HK's or from any of the other quality firearm mfg's out across the world.
I would love to have an HK or FN semi but they are well above my current budget.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
The gun companies need to make a statement. Move to states that support them and their products and take their taxes and jobs with them. Then, refuse to sell their products to dealers in states such as New York. Government only understands one language, $$$$$$

This, IMO is the best and only option.
You can kick some folks dogs, kidnap their kids, cheat with their wife, but the first time you mess with their wallet it is ON!

I regularly vote with my wallet, in fact I am in the process of doing the biggest vote in my history, a move out of Kalifornia.

(Edit)
Does that rock, OUTSOURCING TO TEXAS!!!

edit on 14-2-2013 by g146541 because: outsourcing

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by skeet
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

I have one of their 1911's and it is top notch. (Its my favorite gun) I was told they have a six month waiting period because each one is hand fitted. They are popular guns I remember seeing them used in the movie "wanted" and we all know how bad a$$ the guns where in that movie lol I personally applaud them for standing up for the constitution and our rights as Americans. Would it be better if they did nothing???

edit on 13-2-2013 by skeet because: (no reason given)

I applaud them as well... maybe I overstate my dislike for them, currently I am rather upset because the extractor on the bolt to my AR is acting up again and the only thing that makes me feel better is to blame Oly Arms. On a serious note, when Oly Arms first started their guns were horrible, but over the years they have actually started producing quality products, especially for the money. I love the 1911 model 45, and I have thought about getting one from Oly Arms, but my recent experience with their AR has made me think twice about it.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
LaRue released a similar statement a week ago. LaRue Statement

Oly and LaRue will be getting lots of my money for the foreseeable future.

Companies under attack need to abandon the enemy states and cease commerce with enemy troops.
edit on 13-2-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

People should read that LaRue statement carefully.

They are not upholding the rights of the public- they are simply protecting themselves from future lawsuits and they say it very clearly in the statement.

We realize this effort will have an impact on this firm’s sales – and have decided the lost sales are less danger to this firm than potential lawsuits from erroneous shipments generated by something as simple as human error.

And this is simply smart business.

Once a company delivers guns to an outlet- they no longer can control where that gun goes. That responsibility falls on the seller. What if the seller is presented with fake ID? It has happened before at many shops that provide tools to Law Enforcement. So the only way the company can possibly protect itself is to not ship those "illegal" weapons into the State at all.

Luckily for the gun companies- the move serves a duel purpose. However, if the Government adds on to the bill giving these companies immunity- you will see them continue to do business and ship in the guns.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

You got it! I posted as much to LaRue's FB, told them they were cowards.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
There's another one:

Based on the recent legislation in New York, we are prohibited from selling rifles and receivers to residents of New York. We have chosen to extend that prohibition to all governmental agencies associated with or located within New York. As a result we have halted sales of rifles, short barreled rifles, short barreled shotguns, machine guns, and silencers to New York governmental agencies.
York Arms

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by yamammasamonkey
reply to post by okyouwin

You're trying to be funny, but you're not very funny at all. What you just described is what I like about how this country is supposed to work. People are free to want whatever they like, if you can provide that thing you are free to try and provide it. If they like it well enough and buy it, you get rewarded by making a bunch of $ for your hard work and ingenuity. You don't think that's OK then I consider you part of the problem.

I really don't understand what you are talking about. Maybe you could clarify. Thanks

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by chapterhouse

reply to post by CosmicCitizen

I got an ad for gambling in Las Vegas... What did you get?

go gamble more link works

Didn't when the thread was posted.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeenMyShare
reply to post by boncho

These private industries you're ranting on and on about are not on the side of themselves or profit, unlike the giant coporations whose sole purpose is profit at everyone's expense. Olympic is taking a stand for the rights of the people. You know, that thing which our government is supposed to be doing.

ROFL

Yes, sorry. The arms industry is all altruistic. Dear god.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeenMyShare
reply to post by boncho

But it's ok with you when giant corporations dictate the government, policy and the way we live? Double standard much?

No, another post I said neither should happen.

That's the point.

We already have bribes, we don't need to delve into extortion.... Both should be eliminated..

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I really don't see why anyone would need an automatic rifle to begin with. Sure they are fun for recreation, but the second amendment is not oriented towards recreation -- it is for defense against tyranny.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

People who go to a shooting range with an AK-47 or an AR-15 and fire off rounds for fun are not a militia, and even if they were, the second amendment says in plain English that these groups should be well-regulated, not a wild West free-for-all.

New York's laws seem to allow people to have semi-automatic weapons, bolt action weapons and shotguns. I am sure that if I felt the need to protect myself with firearms, I could accomplish that with hand guns, rifles and shotguns.

However I also think that the "security dilemma" is a big part of why people feel the need to arm themselves -- if the gov goons have weapons, then people need to have similar weapons to effectively defend themselves. Thus I would be glad if the government held itself to the same regulations that its citizens are held to.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by wagnificent

Sorry, but you obviously are clueless. An AR or AK are not automatic. Both are primarily semi-auto, with full auto variants sold to government and class III license holders and anyone willing to spend the extra money and go through the hassle of an nfa tax stamp. That's okay by me though, I don't really want a full auto anyway, if I need to use it, I would be much more lethal with semi-auto than to spray-and-pray anyway.

Back on topic, good for Olympic Arms, although I've never seen an LEO with any of their stuff, so I think this was an empty statement.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by igniterevolution
reply to post by wagnificent

Sorry, but you obviously are clueless. An AR or AK are not automatic. Both are primarily semi-auto, with full auto variants sold to government and class III license holders and anyone willing to spend the extra money and go through the hassle of an nfa tax stamp. That's okay by me though, I don't really want a full auto anyway, if I need to use it, I would be much more lethal with semi-auto than to spray-and-pray anyway.

Back on topic, good for Olympic Arms, although I've never seen an LEO with any of their stuff, so I think this was an empty statement.

I'm not as "clueless" about automatic weapons as you may have inferred from my post. Nowhere in my post did I say that ALL AR and AK are automatic, but continue to nit-pick if you'd like. I had a "variant" of the AR issued to me for five years in the Marine Corps and carried one with me 24/7 while I was in Iraq, so I have at least some clue about these weapons

Even in the Marine Corps the three round burst setting is rarely used for the reason you listed above -- it is much more effective to use rifles on semi for anything other than pucker factor. There is no reason that a well regulated militiaman would need a fully automatic rifle, so the gun control in New York should not be as big a problem as some groups are making it out to be.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
reply to post by xedocodex

You know guns dont go away once you use them right???

they stick around I know a lot of New Yorkers with multiple guns, they will just have to get em a different way.... And then the criminals can take care of all the anti-gun crowd... while the pro gun crowd sits cozy and safe in their houses

thats the real world

So you want to kill all "anti-gun" people...nice.

This is why people think pro-gun people are nuts...because of people like you.

Also, that's not the real world, that is your paranoid delusions.
edit on 13-2-2013 by xedocodex because: (no reason given)

I don't think that is what he said. He was just pointing out the reality of the situation and then enjoying a little Schadenfreude.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
A gun protects my most important assets my home,my family,my life worth more than all the fiat currency in the world,and anti gun laws on the books.

Worth more than what any anti-gun pundits says they are free to sit their and dial 9-11 and wait for the police and government to come save them.

Good luck with that. think all guns an ammo manufactures should stop all sales to all local and state and federal leos.

The only reason they even have the weapons they do is because of them.
edit on 14-2-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

I don't think that is what he said. He was just pointing out the reality of the situation and then enjoying a little Schadenfreude.

It's the demented attitude that many pro-gun people have.

They seem to enjoy the idea of people who choose to not own a gun being murdered.

Again, it is just juvenile behavior that makes pro-gun people look very very bad...and people like you defending that behavior is just as bad.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join