It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olympic Arms Statement (will not do business with the State of New York until gun laws are repealed)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I will let their Press Release speak for itself:

Cant get the link to work - sorry (will keep trying).
Try this one:

gunssavelives.net...#

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on 13-2-2013 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

edit on 14/2/13 by davespanners because: Mod note

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Link works.

If the leaders of the State of New York are willing to limit the right of the free and law abiding citizens of New York to arm themselves as they see fit under the Rights enumerate to all citizens of the United State through the Second Amendment, we feel as though the legislators and government entities within the State of New York should have to abide by the same restrictions.

Gonna be interesting to see how our idiot gov. cuomo responds.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I wish Glock and S&W would follow suit, since they are the ones that the majority of Police Depts get their weapons from, then the ammo companies need to jump aboard as well.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

Olympic Arms should gain more sales from retail customers in other states than they are losing to the State of New York... but they should be commended for taking a stand on principle.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

The problem then would be that the states would buy them from the Federal Govt (DHS certainly has enough ammo to spare). The "fusion" of federal, state and local governments is not a good thing.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
LaRue released a similar statement a week ago. LaRue Statement

Oly and LaRue will be getting lots of my money for the foreseeable future.

Companies under attack need to abandon the enemy states and cease commerce with enemy troops.
edit on 13-2-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Brilliant idea here. Sure the government makes the "laws" (often exempting themselves) but many arms and ammo manufacturers are privately owned. I certainly hope as our government progressively disarms the citizens that more suppliers deny any further sales to government.

***The Right To Bear Arms Shall Not Be Infringed***

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

I wish Glock and S&W would follow suit, since they are the ones that the majority of Police Depts get their weapons from, then the ammo companies need to jump aboard as well.

That would make a real nice statement, but don't forget Remington Arms for shot guns, if they move to Texas, ny would be hurting.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
The gun companies need to make a statement. Move to states that support them and their products and take their taxes and jobs with them. Then, refuse to sell their products to dealers in states such as New York. Government only understands one language, $$$$$$

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

This would be brilliant. Just stop selling ALL the items to LEO's as well!
We would see how long the private and gobermnt security firms would be comfortable using cross bows and billy clubs.

SnF

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
How are all you guys applauding private business dictate government action. Excuse me while I refuse my Pfizer sponsored, IGF-1 Hormonal anti-biotic, MAO Inhibitor infused yogurt that is mandated for all to eat every morning.

Dear god...
edit on 13-2-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
LaRue released a similar statement a week ago. LaRue Statement

Oly and LaRue will be getting lots of my money for the foreseeable future.

Companies under attack need to abandon the enemy states and cease commerce with enemy troops.
edit on 13-2-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

Absolutely!
See my above post.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Thats's great and all but Olympic is sold out indefinitely, as is every other AR manufacturer.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
How are all you guys applauding private business dictate government action. Excuse me while I refuse my Pfizer sponsored, IGF-1 Hormonal anti-biotic, MAO Inhibitor infused yogurt that is mandated for all to eat every morning.

Dear god...

What are you babbling about?
I'm not mandated to eat anything.
My apologies if I missed something.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Dear god...

The difference is that they aren't forcing you to buy anything.
Only that, citing case law btw to back up their position, the ban new york wants to enforce is bordering on or just outright unconstitutional.

Also people dictate government action all the time. And sometimes for very good reasons.
Like the banning of CFC's for one example. Which btw that pesky hole in the ozone layer is gettting smaller finally.

So there are reasons to applause even private enterprise from time to time when they do the right thing.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I am incredibly appalled by the statement that business and individuals should not dictate the course of action of the government? Was that seriously just said?

Also people dictate government action all the time. And sometimes for very good reasons. Like the banning of CFC's for one example. Which btw that pesky hole in the ozone layer is gettting smaller finally.

Source Links Please!

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

Dear god...

The difference is that they aren't forcing you to buy anything.
Only that, citing case law btw to back up their position, the ban new york wants to enforce is bordering on or just outright unconstitutional.

Also people dictate government action all the time. And sometimes for very good reasons.
Like the banning of CFC's for one example. Which btw that pesky hole in the ozone layer is gettting smaller finally.

So there are reasons to applause even private enterprise from time to time when they do the right thing.

That's fine, but the State should simply be going to another supplier. Right or wrong, just or unjust, private industry should have no hold over government.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join