It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perhaps Aliens use Sleep Paralysis to Abduct People

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by solve

That may be true and good thought, but I'm really not referring to anything astral in nature. I'm simply suggesting that sleep paralysis is a good opportunity for EBEs to take advantage of us for numerous reasons.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

I assume you are joking around... or poking fun at the thread. Can't really tell. Either way is fine. As there doesn't really seem to be anyone onboard with this line of thinking.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953
reply to post by Malcher

I assume you are joking around... or poking fun at the thread. Can't really tell. Either way is fine. As there doesn't really seem to be anyone onboard with this line of thinking.

No, it is true. I see you online still, i will detail what happened in a few minutes.

Update:

I think i figured out that laying on my side gets me out of it easier. It takes strength to break out, physical and mental. It's hard to explain the physical side probably because there is mixing of reality and what could be dreams or basically thinking about something or hearing something gets blurred.

This time i had hypnagogic hallucinations, i recenly learned that term (Hypnagogia) and i would have to say thats what happened. This is very common, this time i heard growling right above my head and some feeling of a presence to my left side and the left ear area...felt to be around 3 to 6 feet away. I was laying on my right side so my right ear was probably covered. The realism is very strange but to be clear it feels like my senses work differently. Not only can i hear growling above my head i feel it and since my left ear is uncovered this is where i hear and feel things so there is awareness.

At this point i have a natural need to get up but i am paralyzed. I have to force myself physically but like i said for some reason it takes some kind of extra power aside from physically moving since...i am paralyzed..lol. This time was not bad and i guess can be termed a light sp and didnt last long. To be honest, i closed my eyes and this all happened in a matter of seconds. Also, my body shakes or somehow vibrates, i cant explain that part and have never experienced the same thing while being awake.

After that i got up because if i go back to sleep it would pick up pretty much right where it left off, which as far as i remember always happens and the next one could be more intense so i get up.

edit on 13-2-2013 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

Thank you!
Just the type of post that contributes to this thread.

I guess that begs the question, how easy would it be for something to take advantage of you at that moment? And leave you wondering what was fact and what was fiction.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I won't argue with your reasoning as it may in fact be valid. However, some may be used this way and in other circumstances they just turn you off, no prep necessary Also there are more than the physical abduction. Another is the non physical somehow coupled with physical markings.

I only present this from our experience and won't try to prove any of this. One one of my encounters for instance, I was within sleep, then woke by my wife and I told her I needed to complete my outing which I did completely under my own decision making powers. She was lying beside me and shared the fact I was having a rough time as the body reacted negatively. I woke in the morning with three burn like scars on my arm, yet I was only out in my energy form as best as I can remember. Recently my wife did a similar outing, and only three days ago did her scar fade away.

I will put out there two events showing they can turn you off, minus sleep paralysis. Two springs ago we were talking and looked at the clock and had lost 45 minutes time. What we were talking about was her being taken which was silly as I was awake as she came to bed and then she started telling me, but then we looked at the clock and were shocked.

The second a year ago, I woke in distress or at least discomfort feeling of being adjusted which I am familiar with. I moaned which woke me up, rolled over and witnessed a female being beside my bed looking down at me, and yes she was real and was messing with me inside my mind/body. My first reaction was to get interested, but was immediately mentally urged to be calm and then like when you are given a drug, nothing. You get the idea, don't set rules for yourself or them, all things are possible.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

how would the alines be ablt to pick up on some having that happen to them, it would be more likely they have some technology to induce it

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Im definitely gonna agree to an extent. Ive suffered SP since I was very young and continue to this day. However, of about 100+ times that i have had SP, I can only remember 3 of them involving aliens or anything remotely about them. For example, the very latest one i had involved a grey skinny hand coming towards me. After I uttered the word "God" in my mind, i awoke from the SP. Im not sure if that had anything to do with the fact that after that incident, I have not suffered an episode. This was a few months ago. Knock on wood that it continues to be that way. I know that a lot of ppl claim that SP can be brought on by sleeping on your back, but ive still gotten it no matter what position I sleep in. If i ever get another SP attack, Ill have a camera ready to see if it captures anything.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by grey9438

As I stated, you are right on. Happened a few times to myself, wide awake for a moment and then zap! Out of body at the hands or whatever they have, and then a lesson.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by sailormon
You get the idea, don't set rules for yourself or them, all things are possible.

I'm not trying to set rules so much as have decent explanation for why the lines between sleep paralysis, hallucination, and possible alien abduction bleed into one another if alien abduction is in fact occurring in modern society.

At least for now there really aren't too many people paying attention to this thread, so if you would like to share more about your experiences, I would love to hear about them. I may believe you, I may not, but I will be respectful and I'm sure whatever you have to say will be more than interesting and will contribute to the current conversation.

If I am understanding correctly, sometimes you would be awake and in the middle of conversation when all of a sudden time would be missing?

link   
reply to post by sailormon

in brazil there were craft called chupas by the locals they would fire blue beams that would injure people though some people think they may have been to paralyze, so they have the technology to affect people
levelbeyond.com...

link   

Originally posted by Malcher

reply to post by Malcher

No, it is true. I see you online still, i will detail what happened in a few minutes.

Update:

I think i figured out that laying on my side gets me out of it easier. It takes strength to break out, physical and mental. It's hard to explain the physical side probably because there is mixing of reality and what could be dreams or basically thinking about something or hearing something gets blurred.

This time i had hypnagogic hallucinations, i recenly learned that term (Hypnagogia) and i would have to say thats what happened. This is very common, this time i heard growling right above my head and some feeling of a presence to my left side and the left ear area...felt to be around 3 to 6 feet away. I was laying on my right side so my right ear was probably covered. The realism is very strange but to be clear it feels like my senses work differently. Not only can i hear growling above my head i feel it and since my left ear is uncovered this is where i hear and feel things so there is awareness.

At this point i have a natural need to get up but i am paralyzed. I have to force myself physically but like i said for some reason it takes some kind of extra power aside from physically moving since...i am paralyzed..lol. This time was not bad and i guess can be termed a light sp and didnt last long. To be honest, i closed my eyes and this all happened in a matter of seconds. Also, my body shakes or somehow vibrates, i cant explain that part and have never experienced the same thing while being awake.

After that i got up because if i go back to sleep it would pick up pretty much right where it left off, which as far as i remember always happens and the next one could be more intense so i get up.

edit on 13-2-2013 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

I agree with you on the part where its easier to wake up when you are on your side. Also on the part where I have to move around and stay awake for a bit or else it continues. I have it happen to me 4 times in a row cause I kept on going back to sleep right away.

Have you ever experienced a loud buzzing noise ? I use to hear a very loud noise that sounded like when you forget to hang the phone up and that off the hook phone noise comes on. Very scary and its made my whole body just vibrate and shake.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by blackmetalmist

Thanks for sharing. Would you say that in your experiences that the aliens were paralysis related? Or do you believe that you were visited?

Based upon your statement that you'll see if you can capture anything I am going to assume that you are unsure.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackmetalmist
Have you ever experienced a loud buzzing noise ? I use to hear a very loud noise that sounded like when you forget to hang the phone up and that off the hook phone noise comes on. Very scary and its made my whole body just vibrate and shake.

Just as a side note, buzzing an vibrating also can indicate being close to having an OBE, or at least I have been lead to believe. Just a thought.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey9438

how would the alines be ablt to pick up on some having that happen to them, it would be more likely they have some technology to induce it

Point taken.

Polysomnographic studies found that individuals with sleep paralysis had shorter REM sleep latencies than normal along with shortened NREM and REM sleep cycles, and fragmentation of REM sleep.

Or people with the above are being targeted specifically. If we can easily study these patterns in a lab, why couldn't advanced beings do so from several hundred feet above a home?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing. Would you say that in your experiences that the aliens were paralysis related? Or do you believe that you were visited?

Based upon your statement that you'll see if you can capture anything I am going to assume that you are unsure.

You welcome. Ive actually posted this story quite a few times but I believe that I was visited one time. I wont say that I was abducted cause I dont think I was but I do believe that whatever happened to me that night was real and not a dream. About 6 years ago , while pregnant with my second child, i was laying down getting read to go to sleep. I had my other son next to me (he was about 1 yr old) and I had the night light on because I had experienced many scar things in that room and was scared to go to sleep. As I was falling asleep, I saw a brigh light come through the window and at first I thought it was a helicopter looking for someone outside (I live in Los Angeles and in the hood, lol). The weird thing is that I didnt hear a noise so i thought that was strange. I figured it was a car light or something else. Then the next thing I remembered was the night light going off and my room being dark. At that moment, I entered SP. I remember being in a white room but I couldnt see myself. I just saw two greys and they were in front of me. They werent speaking to me but rather talking to me through their thoughts, They told me "we are here for you , this is what you wanted". I begged them "no, dont take me, please, im pregnant and this is not what I want".

They both just looked at me and I could see emptyness behind those dark eyes and the next thing after that, I remember seeing my dark room and the night light came back on. Flickering. I could have easily passed it off as a dream but the night light had gone off and I knew that something had happened. I then looked over to see if my son was still there and he was but he has shaking. I woke him up to check if he was ok and he was.

So I cant really explain what happened that night but I know that the sleep paralysis attack was connected to them in some way.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I suppose its possible, the brain was not my area of expertize, but it seems like it would be difficult to pick up on, but that I supopose we go back to the whole if they can master space travel what elese could they do

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Wow, quite the story.

I can't even imagine as a parent what a terrifying experience that would be especially being taken from my one year old. When they projected "this is what you wanted" did you have an understanding of what they meant?

Meaning, had you been overly interested in greys, or wanting to whisked away?

This part of your story just really stands out.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by grey9438

Who knows what they could do as there is a lot of speculation involved.... but even if they are not simply taking advantage of someone already dealing with sleep paralysis, would you think it would be possible for them to simply trigger this natural human state?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
BTW... I really don't care if this thread ends up being a place that people feel they can openly share their experiences of either sleep paralysis or abduction. So far there has been no judgment, and decent conversation. If enough people participate we may come to a deeper understanding of each or both, or their possible relationship between one another if it is more than hallucination or what I originally proposed in the OP.

I encourage any/everyone to share their experiences.
edit on 13-2-2013 by Osiris1953 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

This is rare or at least that I have noticed, but then whom looks at clocks. In that case, I watched as my wife came to bed, said good night and then she instead of saying good night, started talking of the tall ones waiting for her to go back to sleep. Hell, she just laid down and now she tells me she was just with the others but got scared because all the other times we were taken together. It was at this time, we both noticed the loss time as the clock was at the foot of the bed. However on the good side, I learned a lot of things that she would not discuss or remember otherwise about the tall one, you know the tall 7' fair haired, good looking well built, handsome from her view as a woman. Also she tells me she loved the short ones which always watched her and her sister when they were little girls, but they never would allow the girls to touch them, very interesting. As a side note, the little ones work with the tall ones.

As to belief or not, that is , unimportant, I am a retired professional, fully in control of my emotions as is my wife and neither of us talk of this to others, they still are asleep and do not like perturbations in their life. As an example of they type of mind that allows us to consider this normal, I will mention a few mornings when we told one another of the night before, perhaps then others can relax and go with the flow.

I was wakened one night by this sound or such, opened my eyes, stared at the ceiling in puzzlement and was immediately pulled out of body by two beings whom have never allowed me to see them. My consciousness knew of my body on the bed, but also there was this light body which I knew as myself, my soul. What is interesting is lessons are brief, never directing, never informing or leading. In this case, four words, that, referring to my soul or light body, "that is a sacred thing". To a normal person or one steeped in religiosity this would be mind blowing, to me it was cool that my soul was so beautiful and full of humor.

In the morning I explained this to my wife, she nodded in understanding and said, "thats nice dear, now what would you like for breakfast, no further discussion. A similar thing when she woke to watch an orb come out of her forehead, no fear, just, damn, I never believed in them before. Attitude manifests what we accept, close ones mind and many things no longer exist, write it off as anything you wish.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join