It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ancient Nukes Question: Were There WMD’s in Prehistoric Times?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
There are a number of ancient city sites throughout the world today, existing in remnants of lost metropolises and societies from the past, that boast curious, history-altering potential that are both incredible and terrifying. It seems very startling, for instance, that places like Mohenjo-daro, a once prosperous ancient city in modern day Pakistan, seems to bear trace evidence of some kind of cataclysmic event in it’s historic past that, even by today’s standards, remains difficult to explain.

One interesting example of this is an article that was penned by researchers Richard B. Firestone and William Topping, titled “Terrestrial Evidence of a Nuclear Catastrophy in Paleoindian Times.” The article appeared in Mammoth Trumpet Magazine‘s March 2001 issue, and recounted curiously high levels of radiocarbon data gathered from the Great Lakes Region of the United States. According to the authors, “The entire Great Lakes region (and beyond) was subjected to particle bombardment and a catastrophic nuclear irradiation that produced secondary thermal neutrons from cosmic ray interactions.” Indeed, it was a wide scale nuclear event dating back to Paleo-Indian times, and though the authors speculate that a supernovae might have been the cause for the event in question, it remains uncertain exactly what else could account for such an anomaly.

mysteriousuniverse.org...

I have read many articles pertaining to such events, but I thought this one extremely interesting.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
It is hard to tell, First one need to accept advanced civilizations existed in the past, but in order to do that, we would need some sort of evidence of its, which is almost impossible if its has been 100,000+ years.

However, i think if advanced civilization did exist, it would probably took a non-technological/mechanical path. Maybe favoured a ethereal, magnetic or lightning based super weapons...

i really liked the Ramayana and Mahabharata epic stories in Hindu literature, i really liked the "Astra" weapons...

Link: Astra Weapons

Edit: These weapons used elemental(fire, water, wind, meteor) and illusion(invisibility, speed, distraction, copies) based attacks.
edit on 2/13/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

Link not working?
As to your question......probably.
Either time is cyclical and we literally are doing over and over what we did in the past or we are doomed to forget and repeat the lessons of history simply because 95% of the world population is terminally stupid!
There are 'quotes' and descriptions that people come up with as in the A bomb being the first in 'modern' times and who knows who has he Library of Alexandria's contents and other lost, great scientific works, BUT, the fact that the majority of people I've met in my life time have still not switched on their brains since birth is sadly the reason why we may be doomed to such foolishness again.
And if psycopaths really do rule the world, and personally I don't doubt it, we may be on the path to such ludicrous behaviour again.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

www.freerepublic.com...

I know that 10,000 years ago Scotland was Nuked. damage found could only be caused by a nuclear bomb and nothing else, the proof is there for all to see.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

www.freerepublic.com...

I know that 10,000 years ago Scotland was Nuked. damage found could only be caused by a nuclear bomb and nothing else, the proof is there for all to see.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Without a doubt some type of nuclear or advanced weapon were not privy too was used. There are numerous spots where the ground is green glass which is caused by extreme heat. Ancient sheets of fused desert glass are a geological fact. Lightning is largely ruled out as the cause of these glass fields by geologists, who proffer the theory that they were produced by meteor or comet impacts. The problem with this theory is that there are usually no craters associated with the anomalous fields of glass. When the first atomic bomb exploded in New Mexico, the desert sand was transformed into fused green glass. It is well known that atomic detonations on or above a sandy desert will melt the silicon in the sand and turn it into a sheet of glass. Thus the sheets of ancient desert glass found in various parts of the world raises the possibility of atomic wars that were fought in ancient times or atomic testing that occurred in the dim and distant past.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavmas

www.freerepublic.com...

Interesting I will have to look into that, thanks

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by NONPOINT21

Without a doubt some type of nuclear or advanced weapon were not privy too was used. There are numerous spots where the ground is green glass which is caused by extreme heat. Ancient sheets of fused desert glass are a geological fact. Lightning is largely ruled out as the cause of these glass fields by geologists, who proffer the theory that they were produced by meteor or comet impacts. The problem with this theory is that there are usually no craters associated with the anomalous fields of glass. When the first atomic bomb exploded in New Mexico, the desert sand was transformed into fused green glass. It is well known that atomic detonations on or above a sandy desert will melt the silicon in the sand and turn it into a sheet of glass. Thus the sheets of ancient desert glass found in various parts of the world raises the possibility of atomic wars that were fought in ancient times or atomic testing that occurred in the dim and distant past.

Or it could just have been a supernova as the authors speculate...

That would be the obvious explanation, would it not?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
There is a thread on this...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavmas

www.freerepublic.com...

10,000 years ago Scotland was nuked? how do you know this?

Did you know there are vitrified forts all over Scotland, Ireland and Europe and that with was a process that the builders could achieve, so given that it was something possible for the builders to achieve (for whatever reason)

How can you jump to the conclusion that it was down to a nuclear bomb 10,000 years ago?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Interesting OP

i've yet to see any hard evidence on the ancient nukes question that really stood up to the test, Mohenjo Daro being a classic case as all the info on it being irradiated has no proper source that can be found. everything goes back in a circle to childress, coppens etc. there are no reports by scientists or archaeologists or non "AA" media whatsoever. the small amount of fused material that we can prove was found there is likely the result of some so-far unknown industrial or geological process. i'd love to see a good source for the MD claims as they fascinate me but i always come back to the same lack of source

the post you made on north america was interesting too but surely does not need to be the result of a nuclear explosion.. i would love to hear a physicist shed light on why this could happen naturally.

reply to post by pavmas

Do you mean the vitrified forts? these do exist elsewhere as well and temperatures of "only" about 600 degrees or so could work to produce that effect. given that the vitrification occurs in patches and to varying degrees, i think it's far more likely that humans did it for some reason and believe that it could have been achieved only using "primitive" technology (eg: wood, clay, peat etc)
Arthur C Clarke did try to reproduce this effect, and failed.. but i expect our ancestors had a lot more skill, patience and opportunity to practice than he did.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

No. There were no ancient nukes. These claims have been completely debunked on various threads and by various scholars over the years.

As to nuclear attacks in Scotland (Pavmas claim, not yours), absolutely no chance at all. Quite a crazy claim to be honest. However, there have been meteor showers that have hit Northern Europe (particularly Finland area) between 4'000 and 7'500 years ago, so it is entirely possible for one or more to have come down in Scotland. Check out the Kaali craters in Saaremaa.

Several years ago i was briefly interested in the ancient "Uranium" mines in Africa but even these turned out to be complete hokum.

Ancient man was very clever but they didn't know how to split the atom.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

Aye man I stay near a place called Motherwell, the damage is plain to see.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Were There WMD’s in Prehistoric Times?

research scientology

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tuttle
reply to post by pavmas

Aye man I stay near a place called Motherwell, the damage is plain to see.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Or better yet, don't.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Well i would say yes, But obviously i wasent there! This is quite an interesting read The truth ?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by NONPOINT21
Without a doubt some type of nuclear or advanced weapon were not privy too was used. There are numerous spots where the ground is green glass which is caused by extreme heat.

Extreme heat like that from a meteor. The "green glass" in Egypt was the result of a meteor ripping through the atmosphere (the crater was discovered about 5 years ago.) A meteor of sufficient size that doesn't hit perpendicular to the surface can literally roast a large area of land under it as it passes. It's more than hot enough to melt sand, which was what happened in Egypt and, no doubt, elsewhere.

Harte

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

I believe that is what really took out the Dinosaurs not a meteor.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
re the vitrified forts, i did a little reading into them earlier, seems someone else tried to reproduce the vitrification effects besides arthur c clarke.
the altogether more credible V Gordon Childe successfully vitrified stone walls constructed in a similar way to these hill forts, aided by realistically scottish winds too..

Widely regarded as one of the most important archaeologists and prehistorians of his generation

Together with Wallace Thorneycroft, another Fellow of the Society of Antiquaries of Scotland, Childe excavated two vitrified Iron Age forts in Scotland, that at Finavon, Angus (1933–34) and that at Rahoy, Argyllshire (1936–37).

en.wikipedia.org...

Experiments carried out in the 1930s by the famous archaeologist V. Gordon Childe and his colleague Wallace Thorneycroft showed that forts could be set on fire and generate enough heat to vitrify the stone. In 1934, these two designed a test wall that was 12 feet long, six feet wide and six feet high, which was built for them at Plean Colliery in Stirlingshire. They used old fireclay bricks for the faces and pit props as timber, and filled the cavity between the walls with small cubes of basalt rubble. They covered the top with turf and then piled about four tons of scrap timber and brushwood against the walls and set fire to them. Because of a snowstorm in progress, a strong wind fanned the blazing mixture of wood and stone so that the inner core did attain some vitrification of the rock

www.ancient-wisdom.co.uk...

there are other sites with this info and more commentary - i dont have time to find more at pres though i feel that the above combined with the lack of radiation at these scottish sites is the final nail in the coffin for the nukes in scotland angle. motherwell excluded, maybe kilmarnock too.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join