It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Booms In Morristown, Tennessee

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
One possibility is that someone is using Tannerite. It's an exploding rifle target that is legal (at least in Ohio, so far). One of the local county sheriffs warned people that the explosions they were hearing were being caused by shooters who were combining multiple packs of Tannerite to make a much larger explosion.

www.limaohio.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

Allenfane

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
could this be it?

theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com... clicky clicky

t looked like a bomb blew up in the air. I was on the second floor of the house; I didn’t see anything but I heard the boom and felt it shake the house. I actually felt it under my feet. The floors shook; I have never felt lightning shake the house like that before and we’ve been up here 20 years!”

sorry i took so long,had to go lay down a bit, health was getting the best of me.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
It would take a massive amount of tannerite to shake the whole town. Anything like that would leave a cloud and obvious cause of the blast.

As for the last link to extinction protocol, the description doesn't quiet match the boom lasted as long as it would take to say the word. It was just like an explosive shock wave, except that it didn't travel it was just everywhere as far as I can tell.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
The latest from our local NBC affiliate.

Here is what they say:

The mystery continues in Morristown. Tuesday afternoon, dozens of residents reported the earth shook at least twice. The U.S. Geological Survey says it was not an earthquake. But the shaking was enough to prompt nearly 100 calls to 911 and even damage to one home. So what was it? 10News is trying to track down the answer. We talked to TDEC (Tennessee Department of Environmental Conservation) Spokeswoman Meg Lockhart said fracking wasn't to blame. "We have zero oil or gas wells in Hamblen County, and no fracking that occur any closer than Claiborne or Campbell County," says Lockhart. A manager for Vulcan Materials in Morristown says while they do occasionally "pull a shot" to extract rock from the ground, they did not do so on Tuesday. He says they're waiting on a written confirmation from geologists, but they also do not believe the area has any natural gas deposits which could be the culprit. He says they've also investigated the possibility of methane gas contributing to the quake phenomenon, and have ruled that out. Do you have any theories? Post them in the comment section below, and we'll try to check them out.

Here is the link.
www.wbir.com... ll-no-answer-to-what-shook-up-Morristown-Tuesday-night

Still no answers.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I live in north knoxville (probably about 30-45 minutes away) and didn't see or hear anything at that time. I did however hear a low rumbling changing pitch around 11:30pm.

And monday night was some weird sort of helicopter party or something. Heard them constantly going back and forth for about 2 hours.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I've got one of our resident experts on the case. He will look at that last seismo link and then I will be right back.

2nd.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I live 3 hours away and we hear faint rumbling sounds here, but no bird die offs that I am aware of....yet.

The East TN. news video:

edit on 13-2-2013 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Thanks for the link to that seismometer. It shows a Very Weird sustained vibration starting at 3:29 local time (read the numbers on the left for local time, on the right for UTC).

That's not like any earthquake reading I've ever seen. It's earth movement or vibration but there's no variance to it except for one bigger shock, and it seems pulsed especially at the end.

So, steady, steady, steady, steady (over minutes), then a bigger shock, then pulsed, all taking about four minutes in all. There were little bits of things happening at 4 o'clock, but not nearly like this.

Look at other random seismometer readings and you won't see anything like it.

folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu...
edit on 13-2-2013 by signalfire because: added link

Edited to add: THAT'S NOT NATURAL, THAT'S MECHANICAL OR MAN-MADE. IT'S TOO REGULAR.
edit on 13-2-2013 by signalfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

I was thinking the same thing, it was a unusual looking reading to me,
there was no build up at all, it just started and went and went,
and all the same, no curve to the reading like a normal quake would show..
it didnt taper off, it just quit almost as fast as it started.

Even if it was explosives i would think it would have a drastic almost instant
start, but it would taper off at the end.
Even the NK nuke shockwave, started all of a sudden, but had a slow wind down..

very unusual what ever it was.. it has me real curious as to what could have caused
a reading such as this, and the damage that is being reported.
Personally i cant think of anything that would do it.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I was going to crack a joke about them 'closing the bomb doors on the DUMBs' but...

Interesting that they *knew* at 4 o'clock that this other 'thing' had happened at 3:30 but failed to mention it. Just, 'nope, nuthin at 4 o'clock!'

And you're right about nuclear bombs, etc. They start off fast with a fade as it rings out through the ground and bounces around. This looks mechanical. And very powerful. Probably Warlocks underground

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I'm leaning twords mechanical as well, warlock? as in ICBM Door locks?
that kind of makes me a bit nervous... with all the NK talk and other things going on,
are we about to go to war and launch icbm's?
hmmm going to search the net for icbm signatures and others see if i can find a match..

new thred, its happening again
www.abovetopsecret.com...

same signature as this one

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

Durn! Not 'warlock'. I was thinking 'Morlocks' as in the underground in the Time Machine story.

Need more caffeine...

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

ahhhh now i'm with ya....

did some searching, not finding any readings that look like the ones we are
seeing... it has me stumped... now its going to drive me nuts until we
figure out what machine is causing this...
and why...

causing very unusual readings on the Helicorder, and rumbeling so hard its
cracking plaster walls... just a weird combination...

hmmm space weather ? ? ? .. time to check and see whats going on and whats
incoming. There has to be a connection some where.

edit:

nope, nothing to unusual at www.spaceweather.com...

now i'm really confused. As i am sure are the hundreds of people experiencing this
first hand.
edit on 13-2-2013 by severdsoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Thanks OP for the thread as I have family in Tri- Cities area... S & F!

OK just got off the phone with me mum who lives in Kingsport. She did
not feel or hear anything yesterday but knew about it because she
asked me what was going on & what was causing it.

At approximately 7 pm tonight she felt shaking going on & thought it was a
small quake. She did not hear anything.

Just sent a text to me brother & it might be awhile before I hear back from
him. He's a chef in Colonial Heights & it's dinner time & they are a very
busy Italian Restaurant...he lives in Rocksprings. I will report back as soon
as I hear from him.
I enjoy looking at the seismic graphs that have been posted although I have
no bloody clue how to interpret them only me mind compares them to
the USGS graphs.
Thanks to ALL for the information posted...

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Hmm, I live in Knoxville and didn't hear/feel anything. In regards to Oak Ridge, I have several friends who live there and none of them have heard/felt anything either. This is interesting.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by radpetey
I've got one of our resident experts on the case. He will look at that last seismo link and then I will be right back.

2nd.

Sorry it took me so long.....Please see link below for a darn good explanation for the seismo that was posted!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
I have family near there. I will check with them and report back. May take some time, though.

off topic "nice avatar"

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
The morning news said that officials had narrowed it down to either a small earthquake that USGS missed due to pore placement of equipment in the area or it was blasting at a quarry, its just outside of town so I wasn't familiar with its existence.

I'm never gonna see Mole People.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I live in White Pine (originally from morristown though) and I have even heard something like this at my house. It was unlike anything Ive heard before.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I was wondering can anyone from the Morristown area confirm damages?

I have watched the WBIR Broadcast concerning the damage to one man's house.

I have also read the Citizen Tribune article.

Are there any other reports of broken windows, other damage, or ect?
Or, is this house the only attributed damage to this incident?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join