It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear proliferation needs to be stopped

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
There once was a man that said he was gonna kill a lot of Jews and no one took him serious until it was almost to late. When someone says their gonna destroy you it's something that needs to be taken serious. North Korea and Iran need to be dealt with by the world community. Those that don't want to participate can sit back and watch. I'm not a huge fan or Israel or anything but I am an American. Where is this situation of nuclear proliferation gonna end? It's not looking good for mankind. Who's next to get the bomb? The more countries that have these weapons the higher the likely hood someone will use them. I think it should end now and a message needs to be sent. I think the cost of dealing with the situation now will be far less then if we wait 20 years down the road.
edit on 13-2-2013 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by wantsome
...Those that don't want to participate can sit back and watch. I'm not a huge fan or Israel or anything but I am an American....

So because your American you feel to need to intervene and help the world become a safer place? I'm starting to get sick of these threads popping up. So far if there's one country that needs to stop its the USA.
Half the problems around the world are a direct result of operations carried out by the US.

Those people at the top in NK are the same kind of evil that you can find in your own senate. The difference is the western country's use the bureaucratic angle.

So NK is starving its people? Wake up what do you think is happening in the US.
Honestly I feel sorry for people like you, fix your own problems first.

Lets ask a blind man to help the deaf.

And for the record only the US has used these kind of weapons... TWICE on the same country. Then dictating others they aren't allowed to play in the same league.

edit on 13-2-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
As an American, how do you feel knowing your nation is the only one to commit a universal crime.. That of Nuclear Attacks?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   

North Korea and Iran need to be dealt with by the world community.

Until these countries use these weapons in aggressive manner on another nation then no one has a right to attack them. And there is no proof Iran has the bomb so why do they need to be dealt with?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I can't tell you who will use the bomb next, but i can tell you who used it last

Those that don't want to participate can sit back and watch.

We sat back and watched America after all - why would we be fussed if it happened again? I guess you guys don't want to be on the receiving end after seeing what it did. I understand that.
edit on 13-2-2013 by xxdaniel21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I wouldn't worry too much about Iran or North Korea. They have not invaded any countries or threatened any other than in threats of retaliation if attacked. I suppose it still reamins a human right to defend one self.......so far! But I'd be more concerned about countries who have a tendency to attack and destroy other nations taking their resources.......not naming any, of course!

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ObservingYou
As an American, how do you feel knowing your nation is the only one to commit a universal crime.. That of Nuclear Attacks?
I feel just fine because in the end I know it saved a lot of American lives. The Pacific theater in WW2 was a complete bloodbath. We lost close to if not more 100,000 men fighting them.

My grandmother built parts that went on those bombs. She worked in a munitions factory during WW2.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

The arrogance on you is beyond belief. You are a prime example why the US is hated around the world and why the world is what it is today.

The fact you are "protecting" American lives says it all. Believe it or not there is a vast amount of nations beyond the US. If you want to help the world stop talking from the point of an American but as a member of Earth.

And the pure hypocrisy is that when your government is trying to take away your second its evil and corrupted,but when it comes to WAR its good ol' America. Pick a damn side.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ObservingYou
I feel just fine because in the end I know it save a lot of American lives. The Pacific theater in WW2 was a complete bloodbath. We lost close to if not more 100,000 men fighting them.

My grandmother built parts that went on those bombs. She worked in a munitions factory during WW2.

America forced Japan into war.....and then nuked them when Japan was making gains.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Well history tells us that after a country gets a nuclear weapon they are more apt to rely on negotiation then to use that weapon as a premise of threat.

It makes them a bit more responsible if you will.

Neither North Korea nor Iran are going to produce enough nuclear weapons to cause much destruction. Sure they may take out a couple of cities but the retalitory strike will decimate them and their population. The world will go on if a country uses them, minus the citizens of said country of course.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ken10

Just for historical accuracy... Japan was losing and would have lost anyway with or with out being nuked.
As for America forcing Japan into the war??? What books have you been reading???

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Probably a history book.

In September 1940 the U.S. placed an embargo on Japan by prohibiting exports of steel, scrap iron, and aviation fuel to Japan, due to Japan's takeover of northern French Indochina.

In April 1941 the Japanese signed a neutrality treaty with the Soviet Union to help prevent an attack from that direction if they were to go to war with Britain or the U.S. while taking a bigger bite out of Southeast Asia and they hoped that since America wasn't ready for war that they would have time to gather resources while America built up their war machine.

The attack was a stall for time with Japan hoping that America's resources would mostly be spend in Europe and they would have secured what they needed.

It of course did not work out that way.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Japan had invaded numerous South East Asian countries and parts of China long before any economic embargo
was settled on Japan! Imperial Japan was the cause of War with America , nothing else! An unprovoked attack on the United States trying for a crippling blow so they the Japanese were free to expand their Imperial empire.

Some of the Japanese knew it was a grave mistake... and they were right.

From the correct history book... you should read it.
edit on 13-2-2013 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Nuke is a threat deterrent, Any countries out there that does not want to be someone else's B*itch will need and and will try to get one.

Think about it like this... If Japan had nuke, you think US would have nuked them?

The main reason, countries like Iran and Korea are trying to do, So they won't get invaded and obliterated for stupid reasons.
edit on 2/13/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

What you say is spot on.
It's the same reason people learn self defence and buy weapons to protect themselves.
They see what happens to those who don't and it's not pretty!

edit on 13-2-2013 by Elliot because: grammar

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

You know...As an American, I disagree with the OP. I wouldn't mind letting all these nations make themselves all the nukes they want so they can kill each other off to a person.

It'll make life and the world MUCH nicer to live in for the U.S. and other major world powers. The problem is, folks such as yourself will immediately BLAME the U.S. for letting such a horrible thing happen.

So, you see, we're damned if we do and damned if we don't. If we STOP a nation like North Korea before they seriously try depopulation of their southern neighbor, we're evil war mongers. If we ignore the Koreas and let them settle out their own issues? We've evil, indifferent war mongers who just pick and choose which wars to monger in.

Can't win.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

There once was a man that said he was gonna kill a lot of Jews and no one took him serious until it was almost to late. When someone says their gonna destroy you it's something that needs to be taken serious. North Korea and Iran need to be dealt with by the world community. Those that don't want to participate can sit back and watch. I'm not a huge fan or Israel or anything but I am an American. Where is this situation of nuclear proliferation gonna end? It's not looking good for mankind. Who's next to get the bomb? The more countries that have these weapons the higher the likely hood someone will use them. I think it should end now and a message needs to be sent. I think the cost of dealing with the situation now will be far less then if we wait 20 years down the road.

No, no, no. Israel has nukes and didn't sign the NPT, therefor everybody else it free to do what they want for fear of us being hypocrites.

(sarcasm by the way)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I think most people/countries around the world are tired of US policing around, i think not doing anything would not give you any hate... but i do not think US is just going to sit there while a potential threat for them is on the rise...

So there is two reason why US goes to war.

1) the invaded country has resources to monopolize.

2) they might be potential threat to the US "empire" when they acquire technologies.

Or just

#) spreading "freedom" and "democracy".

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Well, those who dislike the US are in luck!

They need not worry about the U.S. policing around the world for much longer. See, the U.S. is in terrible trouble of it's own these days and we won't have the money to help with disasters, AIDs programs or the myriad other forms of aid and handouts much of the world has come to expect and demand from us, let along policing.

The Chinese Communist Party through the People's Liberation Army/Navy will be taking our place before too long. They have this crazy notion that they can go where no success has gone before and take our place. More power to them, I say...and I hope it works out well for all the folks around the world. I hear from those in what USED to be called Tibet, Chinese hospitality can be a real warm thing at times. Flaming, even.

Should be but a few more years. I mean, we are actually scratching the deployment of Carrier Battle Groups now over budget cuts.
Just don't protest the new power how the U.S. has been protested. Tienanmen Square is how the new masters treat dissent with attitude.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Meh, i guess if Chinese become our overlord, i guess i'll have another new language in my pocket!

Maybe at the same time, i can try out communism!

Capitalism for 26 years keeping me at the same level, in fact, i'm in debt, i owe tuition.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join