It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Final Pope will be....Cardinal Taracisio Pietro (Peter) Evasio Bertone (an Italian, fr Rome)..

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Let me also boldly say, that the nearly 8 year reign of Benedict 16 was DISASTROUS for the Catholic church. The choice of the cardinals in 2005 of a 78 year old "temporary" or "transitory" cardinal Ratzinger who was a part of the hierarchy of the last years of John Paul II, was the worst choice they could do. They apparently wanted to postpone the hard decisions of the looming sexual crisis in the last years of JPII reign. The pedofile scandal is not the only issue they had to face. The married priests, now promoted by the British N1 cardinal O'Brien, the divorced couples to receive communion, and let say openly: the CONDOMS that John Paul II nearly compared to ABORTIONS "two fruits of the same tree" or something like that! (the science and the common sense proves that the use of condoms do not make an abortion to happen!). The heritage of JPII I will not comment it, it has both great achievements and failures. But in his late years he was totally inadequate to face the modern world's problems. Instead of choosing someone younger and energetic to do exactly that, the elderly elders of the church chose not to choose - chose Ratzinger who in his first homilies promised to leave untouched the Vatican administration. In the course of the years he did several touches though, cardinal Sodano resigned and was changed by Ratzinger's secretary Bertone being one of the biggest changes. Whatever it is, the 8 years of Benedict were marked by continuous scandals, by NOT FINDING THE WAY for elimination of continuous pedofile problem (lastly manifested in atholic Ireland to the extend Ireland to nearlybreak diplomatic relations with Vatican and closing embassy there), among the rest. One may talk of achievements too, but they seem incomparably small to the big problems Benedict leaves behind. Those problems were pretty much inherited but also deepened in the last years, and not resolved. That all in the situation of a conservatism much bigger than that of JPII or Paul 6.

Now the cardinals have a chance for a fresh start. I don't know if cardinal Bertone is fit to do it, or someone outside the Vatican.

As far as Fatima is concerned, John Paul did almost everything both to reveal and to hide the real Fatima. The Y2000 official secret is an example how the things SHOULD NOT BE DONE. Ratzinger having the second position in fatima-gate has a great role of hiding and MAY BE changing the texts. (if we suppose the 2000 release is not part of the true secret but a total forgery of Lucy's handwritten text - see traditioncatholic website). I don't know that. The 1984 consecration of Russia without mentioning Russia by name is another hot topic at the time, that was put aside with the Fall of Communism. Unfortunately now we have a much stronger Russia equipped with much more modern weaponry capable of eliminating the West as superpower and may be as civilization in a matter of minutes. In other words, the collapse of Communism did not lead to any Era of Peace as Fatima speaks of (or is that true after all).

What everyone can see though is the social disaster within the catholic church, and a catholic hierarchy not able to offer any solution for the world, while pretending to have leading positions in the wider world, especially in its most developed part. Let remember the initiative for a One World Authority (or government) launched first by the commission leaded by cardinal Turcson. How could Turcson become a pope now???? It was then rejected by cardinal Bertone after the public outcry, as if "he didn't know" of the document. Then in the last months pope Ratzinger personally went to the commission of Turcson to...express his support of the One World Authority as a remedy for the world economic crisis!!!! If this is the successful policy of Benedict, then the resignation is logical and may be even "too little too late". The history will judge the papacy in the last 3 decades years after the Fall of Communism (for which John Paul played a great role indeed).

Now we are not to choose the history but the future. And some cardinals show they are posed to do so. As cardinal O'Brien who today proposed boldly in the world media to have Married Priests. Pls see the entire text, it is worthy to be read in original. The question is the survival of the Catholic church the way we know it, compared to disintegration by dioceses, countries, continents.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I will question further the current policies. because if left without question, we have every chance to spend the next 8 years the way we spent the last 8 years. And in the process our lives will reach their natural ends. Is this the Church all about?

Why the current policy on Gay people, if it is evident that many if not most of the clergy are gay too? How will the church teach what it teaches (and I will not enter into that rather than to mention it), if her own honorable clergy members are silently allowed that same very thing that the church forbids to the common faithful? Moreover, the priests not only take communion, they consecrate the hosts! I will not enter into any theology, rather than to say, it is just unacceptable anymore. No matter if you look at it from the side of the purity, or from the point of view of the gay people. I do not defend anyone. I just say it is a double standard that could be fit for the Middle ages (remember Benedict 9 orgies) but is no fit for 21 century of transparency, human rights and democracy.
edit on 23-2-2013 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
In all of that listed before, (including the social issues in the Third world that I talked of separately when discussing Third World pope), the biggest Christian Church on Earth that is the Catholic church needs a new start. Today, not tomorrow in some illusive bright future promises. Today we need to know Fatima secrets. Today we need update on sexual policy. Today we need clarity on whether the Church had in history and has ongoing Extraterrestrial contacts and what it means for the world.

or the Catholic church will become more and more irrelevant and will spiritually fall even before the promised in apparitions final fall of Rome. Especially if unexpected but predicted event happens. Such as a global war, global cataclysm, or let say, appearance in the skies of extraterrestrials. The narrow minded church leaders will have no chance to withstand the events on one hand, and the outcry and outrage of their own faithful when they understand the truth that they have been lied all their lives. NOW is the time of change if there is someone to make it.

I don't think cardinal Bertone will make it. He may try with revealing Fatima text though. Not AFTER he is elected, but as precondition for his possible election. Enough of blackmail! There is nothing new in his positions that we know about.

In comparison, other cardinals ALREADY TALK of what changes they will make. Ref. card. Brien. I expect more of the sort before the conclave. Because the very issue of the conclave is quite outdated. Those people are chosen to lead God's people, but they are not accountable even when it is about sins as in L.A. diocese! Card. Machony will go to vote for pope! In the Orthodox Churches such people would be stripped of their duties, as the previous patriarch of Jerusalem was stripped by the Synod of bishops for smaller offenses (see the story in wikipedia). The patriarchs are not sinless and are subject to removal from office by the Synods of bishops. Why not in the Catholic church? How would Mahony vote, one of the 119 electors worldwide? How he would be appointed and cannot be barred from election? Are we just idiots offered to believe lies?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Even if a cardinal is excommunicated by a pope, he has the right to vote in the next conclave (assuming that pope was wrong and the next pope will lift the excommunicated, or the next pope will be that excommunicated cardinal!) The history of Avignon may be needed soon in the Catholic church. I guess the new pope should revise the entire idea of a secluded conclave or pre-chosen few elite. it is not so in the Orthodox and Oriental churches where not only the bishops vote, but also pre- selected numbers of priests and lay faithful. In the case of the Alexandrian Coptic patriarchy, (one of the oldest on Earth and having authentic apostolic succession from St Marc) the 3 already voted candidates by the congregation (all bishops) are put to choice by lot that is made by a boy with blindfolded eyes who chooses a ball with one of the three names inside. May be not exactly what the Catholic church needs, but the idea of a secluded conclave does not date back to St Peter in the catacombs either. It is as outdated as the policies of the Church N1 on earth on a number of issues, while pretending to be the most adequate with the times. I would say a number of Orthodox churches including the Russian already outsmart the papacy on a number of issues. The Russian patriarch already speaks of a possible postponement of apocalypse and of extraterrestrials ( be they evil or good). The day may come when on Earth there will be a different configuration of Christian apostolic churches than today's.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by 2012newstart

Hi Dear CosmicCitizen,

Without saying that you are wrong or correct necessarily on your forecast of who is going to be elected Pope, let me invite you to give a glance to my thread and check my personal prediction of who I foreseeing being elected for that role, perhaps there are coincidences, just give me your opinion,

Pls read:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

edit on 3/3/2013 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Maybe.......Maybe not...........

A senior member of the Italian P2 Freemason Lodge and of the Teutonic Knights says that, in a move to court Asia, the next pope will be Cardinal Louis Antonio Tagle of the Philippines. However, a European based CIA source says it will be a Venetian nobleman by the name of “Anthony Scola [the Cardinal of Milan], count on it.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Oh well......everybody was wrong......

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
The OP is going to have a bad time for his so called prediction

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Skittle

Next prediction please

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link