It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon hoax question: Lunar Laser Ranging Experiment

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Hi folks,

I have always wondered about one specific aspect of the Apollo missions: The Lunar Laser Ranging Experiment

How come several independent institutions have performed experiments which would not have worked without reflectors on the moons surface?

I can not see how this can be ignored. Besides the mountain of documentation of other technical aspects involved in the whole process.

But let´s focus on the laser reflectors. How come they are there, when some of you guys say that they can´t be?

For those who do not know what I am talking about: en.wikipedia.org...

Thanks for reading and I am looking forward to serious answers. Let´s stay on topic here.

I don´t want any "yeah, but the shadows in this pic here are CLEARLY ..." answers please.
edit on 13-2-2013 by Nightaudit because: spelling

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nightaudit
How come several independent institutions have performed experiments which would not have worked without reflectors on the moons surface?

Because they went to the moon and the reflectors are there.

Done.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Nightaudit

You know I'm still on the fence about whether or not the USA made it too the moon or not. I'd like to say they did but some of the things I have seen make me believe they didn't.

So I hope to see someone clarify this enigma of the laser Ranging Experiment .
edit on 13-2-2013 by enament because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
the lunar laser ranging experiment is only evidence that there is a man made reflector on the moon

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Having not been there personally, it is impossible to say what did or did not happen.

But for the sake of argument, an unmanned mission could have placed any number of objects on the moon. Reflectors included.
edit on 13-2-2013 by VariableConstant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I think we made it to the moon. I don't think we made it to the moon when they say we did. They made the original landing footage up to beat the Russians, because they were behind on their objective. Later, they successfully realized the mission. This would explain the "film artifacts" that make the original footage seem non-legit, while also explaining the presence of the reflectors. An unmanned mission also is an option. Just my opinion.

edit on 13-2-2013 by Garkiniss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Hey, there's also a rumor that the earth is actually round, and NOT the center of the Solar System.

But don't tell anyone.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
This point is constantly brought up as an unbreakable evidence of US visit to the Moon.

However...

Russian reflector

Obviously, reflectors could have been put up by any of the unmanned missions.

They even found the Russian one....

So this is by no means a clear cut proof of anything.
edit on 13-2-2013 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I believe they went to the moon, the only time I didn't was when I was a bout 10 years old, as I grew up and learned about the evidence I was sure they went there.

There is more evidence they went and only conspiracy's that they didn't, if there was one shred of proof that they didn't go to the moon it would big news trust me...

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Or they could be bouncing them off the alien buildings that NASA is covering up.

Maybe they are built out of a reflective material?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

My grandfather " James " helped machine some of the parts for it. It is there, it can be used even by anyone with the right equipment.

Does this mean man has been there, sadly no, it could have been placed by a robot rover. So this will not be any evidence either way, it is simply a very cool science project. One that lead us to realizing that the moon was once much closer to us, and one day will simply fly off Leaving us forever.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
More on the subject:

National Geographic Vol. 130 No. 6 December 1966

'The Lasers Bright Magic' by Thomas Meloy , page 876

"Four years ago, a ruby laser considerably smaller than those now available shot a series of pulses at the moon, 240,000 miles away. The beams illuminated a spot less than two miles in diameter and were reflected back to earth with enough strength to be measured by ultrasensitive electronic equipment" - 'The Laser's Bright Magic', Thomas Meloy. NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC Dec 1966

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

Originally posted by Nightaudit

Because they went to the moon and the reflectors are there.

Done.

Thanks, that´s what I´m thinking. I was looking more for responses from the "other" side.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
the lunar laser ranging experiment is only evidence that there is a man made reflector on the moon

So, are you trying to say that they placed the Laser there in the 60´s with a purely automated mission?

Seems a little complicated, in fact almost as complicated as the real thing.

Not very convincing. I assume that is what you meant. You have to use more words for people to know what you mean...

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

Oh, they happened, let´s not be mistaken about that.

So you say that they did a mars rover style mission in which they placed the objects without the need of humans present? With computer and robotic technology of the 60`s?

Quite a mission. Forgive me for still choosing the official story because of the mountains of evidence surrounding it.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Garkiniss

So, when DO you think did they make it? We have dates for the first experiments you know?

Do you want to google them? You will be surprised...

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
an unmanned mission probably put the reflectors there. looking at the mountain of photographic #ups in every single picture they brought back really should tell you that the photos were faked. if they indeed really go to the moon, what we saw on tv was a lie. its also entirely possible that we did go to the moon but were unable to bring back pictures for some reason, prompting the fakery we saw.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Are you intentionally ignoring the fact that the Russians put one up there in 1970 with an unmanned mission, and that it's possible to bounce the laser of the moon without reflectors?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

Hmm, I think this is not definite proof after all, as a rover mission could have been theoretically possible.

I have not thought of that before.

Still, the mountains of witnesses and technical documentation outweighs the issues raised by the conspiracy theorists by so much.

I would have hoped for a more difficult nut to crack though.

One thing before we close the whole thing. I never understood what the basic motivation for the hoax was supposed to be. I see that there might be a reason if it is technically not possible.

But haven´t we documented every nut and bolt, have interviewed countless engineers and members of the mission over the years? Couldn´t it be that it was just a great achievement among many of mankind?

I don´t see the need for a conspiracy here. Is all this still about the shadows?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly

Are you intentionally ignoring the fact that the Russians put one up there in 1970 with an unmanned mission, and that it's possible to bounce the laser of the moon without reflectors?

Uhm, no? Did you have two coffees this morning?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join