It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Labor Camp Survivor Recounts Ordeal in New Book

page: 1

join
share:
Oct

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 02:18 AM
link   
A Story of Hope amidst Darkness
Labor Camp Survivor Recounts Ordeal in New Book

NEW YORK - At times, Ms. Wang Yuzhi struggled to read her opening speech. One of her eyes that had been blinded from torture in a Chinese labor camp gave her trouble, forcing her to use a lens to read her statement. At Earl Hall of Columbia University she talked about her new book, Crossing Over Death, � a chronicle of the persecution she faced in China.
Wang was persecuted in China for refusing to give up the meditation practice Falun Gong when it was banned in 1999. She said that she gained a lot from Falun Gong.

�The stock market had gone down, and all my life savings with it. This caused great difficulties for my elderly mother. When I was desperate and pained, someone introduced me to Falun Gong. Through practicing it, I overcame my fear and pain, and went back to work. Eventually, I was able to build a successful business.� Falun Gong also helped her recover from her chronic ill health, she said in a statement.

In July of 1999, former Chinese leader, Jiang Zemin - upset at the widespread popularity of the practice - began a state-sponsored persecution of Falun Gong that utilized China�s state-controlled media and all branches of China�s communist government. Ms. Yuzhi, like millions of others who had benefited from the practice, went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong.

After that, she said, began a horrifying tale of how �people who believed in truthfulness, compassion and tolerance [Falun Gong�s principles] were forced to shed blood, tears and their lives for their beliefs.�

She was put in a labor camp where a husband was forced to watch his 6-month pregnant wife cuffed by her wrists and dangled in the air - a torture that eventually caused the woman to have a miscarriage. In the same labor camp, a few blocks away from her, a female practitioner was gang-raped by three male criminals.

In a mental hospital she was placed in just before her escape to Canada, she heard a husband sob and cry as he watched his wife being force-fed salt water by police. The wife had refused to give up Falun Gong.

Whole article here:
english.epochtimes.com...

The inhuman persecution of Falun Gong is carried out to eliminate a faith, and huge maneuvers are required to cover up the lies. Ironically, this is what Jiang calls "the best time for Chinese human rights." In truth, no one in China enjoys the human rights. There is no freedom of speech and no freedom of belief.

[edit on 31-10-2004 by Oct]

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Please add your thoughts and comments instead of just quoting an article.

Thanks
FredT

new topics

join