It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Household Items That Could Save Your Life in a Zombie Apocolypse

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Love the duct tape!

Need to add scissors, screwdriver, tarp, rope, roll of thick plastic bags, and a bucket to the list.

Also, every first aid kit needs to have butterfly closures ( yay, avoid the need for stitches with small wounds) , antibiotic cream, iodine or hydrogen peroxide, tweezers, and q-tips in addition to its usual assortment of bandages and gauze.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
The right x-box controler would be of great value durring the apocolypse.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
One item :
FIRE

double tap to the head, is as bigger myth as zombie virus itself.

Only thing to stop them puppies, is to watch them burn....

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I saw the thread title, or thought I did, and started working on my own "top ten" list. However, since I was in a hurry, I thought it was household items to combat a zombie.

I only went down a few in my list, before coming back to the computer, and accidentally reading the 'answers.'

Here's what I came up with, as combat weapons, before I gave up:

10. A remote: just turn off the TV, since zombies aren't real

9. The attic. If you have a retractable or collapsible ladder that leads to the attic, use it. With no way to climb up, zombies will mill around below the hatch, and you can shoot them at leisure.

8. Shampoo. Squirt it on a hardwood or tile floor, and clumsy zombies will slip and slide, finally falling down. This will give you the chance to deliver your attack.

7. Shovel. Less blood spatter than with an axe

6. baseball bat. Longer than a hammer

5. Firearm. Depending on how your home is stocked....

4. Fireplace poker

3. Can of hairspray and a bic lighter. While it would seem that using fire INSIDE the home is a 'short-range solution' at best, it does have the advantage of allowing you to sear all of the zombie's input organs such as sight, smell, and hearing. grisly, but there you go.

2. Car battery and jumper cables. lay a large cookie sheet on top of your door mat. The black cable goes to the cookie sheet and the battery. Now close the door. The red cable gets one end to the battery, the other to your inside door-knob.

1. .....

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a 9 volt, some 1000 weight steel wool, and something dry to start a fire.
I, personally make my own wax/tinder/lint starters, but anyway.

Magnesium, blast match, etc. are great, if you can feel your fingers.
Lighters are awesome, and, as a smoker, I carry a few, however, cold really affects the way they light, and that is assuming you can feel your fingers.

I have had many an opportunity to test my skills with different fire starting methods, and for me, the most reliable is the 9 volt method.
Understand this is for shorter terms situations.
I know a battery will not hold a charge forever.

A 9 volt is easier to hold, and will spark in the wind.
A 9 volt, some 1000 weight steel wool, and decent tinder will even start damp kindling.

Just something to think about,
Oak.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I was thinking...
maybe a refibulator

as long as its not vegitarian zombies!
Grains....grains....grains
them we don't worry about so much

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Yeah, but they can walk along the bottom and climb up the anchor chain. 'Course, if your in deep water, it'll just crush'em.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I wish the zombies would get here already!!! My luck they will show up when im old and cant run!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join