It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5000 years old Temple Found in Peru

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   

I recently read they were investigating this site for about a month, in order to confirm what they found. Glad to see the conclusions.

Archaeologists in Peru say they have discovered a temple at the ancient site of El Paraiso, near the capital, Lima.

Entry to the rectangular structure, estimated to be up to 5,000 years old, was via a narrow passageway, they say.

At its centre, the archaeologists from Peru's Ministry of Culture found a hearth which they believe was used to burn ceremonial offerings.

With 10 ruins, El Paraiso is one of the biggest archaeological sites in central Peru.

The archaeologists found the structure, measuring 6.82m by 8.04m (22ft by 26ft), in the right wing of the main pyramid.

Peru's Deputy Minister for Culture Rafael Varon said the the temple was the first structure of its kind to be found on Peru's central coast.

I'm surprised to have an english language source that soon.

www.bbc.co.uk...
www.larepublica.pe...
edit on 13-2-2013 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Very cool, I feel South America holds a hidden clue as far as anicent aliens go, something there has always pulled me there, like I need to go to a specific place. The pull was the strongest when I lived in Florida. As a matter of face, my VERY FIRST THREAD was about this pull...

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Ancient aliens is a laughable concept.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by DPrice

Not going to be dragged into this debate, you believe what you believe in, I do as well, we will have to agree to disagree

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Sorry to be moodspoiler, but there is already thread about this...

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DPrice

Ancient aliens is a laughable concept.

Yes. Particularly to those who are in the habit of laughing issues off instead of researching them and impartially assessing the evidence.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko
Sorry to be moodspoiler, but there is already thread about this...

Could be, can you provide the link?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
peru

That thread went a little funny with all the smoking and leaf chewing and what not.
Industrious little leaf chewers.
edit on 13-2-2013 by starshift because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by starshift
peru

That thread went a little funny with all the smoking and leaf chewing and what not.
Industrious little leaf chewers.
edit on 13-2-2013 by starshift because: (no reason given)

Haha....just took a look to the first page with my phone. Sorta enjoyed watching Phage showing some love to that op.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

so what? don't you have anything better to do?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I wanted to be an archaeologist and my area of study was to be South America especially Peru as I feel that that country holds many secrets to our past but something happened to wipe it all out in our distant past .A 5000 year old temple is just the tip of the needle of what I believe will be found there.I can hardly wait.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DPrice

"Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance."
- Albert Einstein.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
It should be pointed out that the main structure seen in the picture is not the object of the discovery. The temple being discussed is a small structure discovered within the larger one. The large structure was built around the original small temple. So yes, the area was populated 5,000 years ago but the large structure is not that old. Still, it is really old.

Archaeologists found the hearth in mid-January as they were carrying out conservation work at a set of 4,000-year-old ruins known as El Paraiso, located 40 kilometres north-east of Lima in the Chillon River Valley.

www.abc.net.au...

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Not going to be dragged into this debate, you believe what you believe in, I do as well, we will have to agree to disagree

Well, you're the one who brought it up. Why talk about ancient aliens in a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with them? Did you really expect to bring up a controversial idea like that and not be challenged?

The discovery of a five-thousand-year-old stone fort in Peru is interesting, but hardly surprising. Humans – not only Homo Sapiens, but numerous related species – have been working stone on Planet Earth for well over a million years.

edit on 13/2/13 by Astyanax because: of crudity.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
It should be pointed out that the main structure seen in the picture is not the object of the discovery. The temple being discussed is a small structure discovered within the larger one. The large structure was built around the original small temple. So yes, the area was populated 5,000 years ago but the large structure is not that old. Still, it is really old.

Archaeologists found the hearth in mid-January as they were carrying out conservation work at a set of 4,000-year-old ruins known as El Paraiso, located 40 kilometres north-east of Lima in the Chillon River Valley.

www.abc.net.au...

Thanks Phage. Days ago, I watched a video that explains all about this found. Unfortunately, the video is in spanish. About the middle of that video, you can see the archaeologists giving details about it and workers restoring the site.

edit on 14-2-2013 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

www.abc.net.au...

This is an important observation, since it shows that the El Paraiso culture tried to preserve its (or others) heritage by enclosing it, as did the Incas, the Mayans, the Egyptians and a number of other civilizations.

Since it clearly was withjn the traditions of the local cultures, It lends credence to the theory that many Inca sites in Peru, such as Cusco, Sacsayhuaman, Ollantaytambo and even Machu Picchu were built upon pre-existing remains of earlier cultures. It becomes evident when you actually go and visit these places, and you see the pre-incan megalithic structures, perfectly quarried, cut, transported and fitted together, beneath the Inca stonework of an inferior quality.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

um, so i dont get it, they found this giant structure under a mound?

they didnt see this giant structure out in the open?

or they found "outlines" of a "temple" inside this temple they already found?

cool if they just found this whole structure,

if its just the outline then i never trust these stories, (not that they didnt find anything) but what the site is, it could have been a refuse burning pit for all they f ing know, i just hate how everything comes down to some sacrifice pit or something to a god or something. its never a bread room , or a bead making room it always has to be some freakin temple /worshiping site. lol

is thre any pics of the whole site before discovery?, i always like to see the shapes of mounds and stuff they find these under so when i walk in the woods/country side and i see hills and mounds of dirt and always wonder if some native american site is under it lol.

new topics

top topics

join