Big Bear police caught on scanner discusing burning down the cottage dronner was in and then it burn

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
reply to post by OkieDokie

I believe that "burners" is police slang for tear gas. Sometimes the tear gas canisters cause fires. Hence the slang name burners.

People need to do some research before they assume this was an assassination.

Using tear gas to force someone out of a building seems like it's pretty routine.

Although if I owned the cabin, I'd expect the police to pay to rebuild.

People thinking what they do regarding an assassination probably relates to the sheriffs saying ' Burn the mother----ker down'.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
I'm pretty sure they used AN-M14 thermite grenades. They look very similar to CS gas or smoke grenades. Remember, the spokeswoman was telling the media that the rubble was "still to hot" -- well what stays hot for a very long time? Thermite. Calling one of these grenades a "burner" wouldn't be a stretch. Here is what they look like:

Here is more info from globalsecurity.org on them. Structures are some of the listed uses for these types of grenades. I believe from what people heard on the scanner, that seven "burners" were used.

I'm pretty sure this is what a "burner" is.

I believe you are correct, that would explain why they had to let it burn to the ground and didn`t want the fire fighters up there spraying water. Thermite and water is a bad combination.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I had a similar discussion with my brother about something like this one time. His teenage daughter was running with some friends that he accused of being into drugs. He repeatedly told me that any one caught dealing drugs should not even get a trial. They should be taken out back and shot! My response to him was, "Great, If I was the local drug dealer. I'll just put some drugs in his truck and call the cops.... You won't be a problem anymore ....

I listened to the audio from several sources and they intended to burn the house down ..... why not knockout gas ... which is problematic in some situations but it would not be a problem to use here....

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

After kicking in our door .....as he shot our attacking dogs he would meet his end .......

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
He is a killer, he's on record as having killed and planning to kill more. If he's holed up, the duty the Police have to protect me is to do whatever they need to to take him down by whatever means is the least risk to them. Shot, burn, blow up, whatever.

If I was my house, I have insurance and I'd say go ahead. Finish this already..

Does your comment mean your precious house and material possessions are more important to you than the lives of Police Officers attempting to take out a killer?

You are a very sick and selfish person. Money and material things will be a curse around your neck all your life.

IF this is true, you are completely wrong. The police and government hold a position above the average citizen as far as doing what is right is concerned, and they have very strict rules and regulations they must follow. This was done purposefully to prevent the abuse of power, etc. They are not allowed to simply burn a house down because they suspect that a killer is in it. Even if they knew he was in it they could not legally burn it down. Have you ever seen a swat team burn a house down, which would be much safer for the swat team than storming the house. There is a reason for that, and just because your moral compass is off does not mean that all of America's is.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns

listened to the audio from several sources and they intended to burn the house down ..... why not knockout gas ... which is problematic in some situations but it would not be a problem to use here....

because dead men tell no tales

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
My gut tells me something is not right with this whole story. They were hunting this guy down like he was the devil himself.

They were shooting at people without looking and now burning houses down with him inside? This man knew something I can feel it. What that is I have no idea but I bet someone will dig up the truth on ATS.
edit on 13-2-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I have no doubt that the police deliberately burned that cabin down.

I'm sure many would have had no professionalism towards this man, with him having killed fellow police officers. Also I do not believe they would have wanted to arrest this man so as to give him a platform to voice all he knows about LAPD and to expose the corruption and racism that he alleged.

If they had full confirmation that it was Dorner then they could have brought him into custody. The militarisation of U.S. police forces has been widely discussed on this site before, so to suggest that the police wouldn't have the resources to capture him just doesn't hold up in my opinion. Tasers, stun grenades etc...there are ways.

However there seems to be a growing penchant in the United States for people to just be wantonly killed without due process.

Also it's sad that the media were there sensationally recording what was going on.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
He is a killer, he's on record as having killed and planning to kill more. If he's holed up, the duty the Police have to protect me is to do whatever they need to to take him down by whatever means is the least risk to them. Shot, burn, blow up, whatever.

If I was my house, I have insurance and I'd say go ahead. Finish this already..

Does your comment mean your precious house and material possessions are more important to you than the lives of Police Officers attempting to take out a killer?

You are a very sick and selfish person. Money and material things will be a curse around your neck all your life.

due process. a trial. a verdict. a sentence. do you understand these concepts? or are you happy for law enforcement to do whatever they want, to anyone they want?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Burners are cop lingo for tear gas...I understand some of your points but the cops did not shoot flares into it. He probably had gas masks anyway, but who knows. I don't think for a second they meant to burn it down.
edit on 13-2-2013 by kurthall because: forgot something
Also if you listen to the recording he had a chance to get out, but he was STILL firing gunshots after the fire had started, Yeah He got what was coming to him. He chose this path.
edit on 13-2-2013 by kurthall because: added

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Lucky that the channels were not encrypted like so many departments are doing now. They don't want anyone hearing things like this. I was watching the KCAL coverage. They had a reporter right there. From he time he reports them firing grenades to the time the cabin shows flames I thought was way to fast for a tear gas grenade.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by kurthall
Burners are cop lingo for tear gas...I understand some of your points but the cops did not shoot flares into it. He probably had gas masks anyway, but who knows. I don't think for a second they meant to burn it down.
edit on 13-2-2013 by kurthall because: forgot something
Also if you listen to the recording he had a chance to get out,

You certainly were not listening to the correct scanner frequency. LOL

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magister
Lucky that the channels were not encrypted like so many departments are doing now. They don't want anyone hearing things like this. I was watching the KCAL coverage. They had a reporter right there. From he time he reports them firing grenades to the time the cabin shows flames I thought was way to fast for a tear gas grenade.

I was watching it on KCAL too. Sucked when they made em move the chopers away so we did not have as clear of a view. With all of the police chopers though I know that it was for safety as well as they did not want him to have the TV on and see clearly what was going on outside. The guy on KCAL kept saying well no they would cut the cable cords so he can't see what is going on...The guy said it sooooo many times I had to laugh.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sprtpilot

Yes I was, I listened twice,,,and when they said we have 3 burners (That means tear gas) then the fire brook out they then say, there is a fire in the front watch it hey come out the back, and then there were more shots fired...so Yeah I listened.,

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jaffer44

due process what/? eff that burn the effer down.

that is what america is about people. Get used to it.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by jaffer44

Ummmm.. Excuse me? How many cops and innocents did Dorner have to murder in cold blood and ambush before they stopped playing games with him and stopped the attempts to give him a nice, warm handcuffing moment with the perp walk for all to see??

Has it occurred to anyone that Dorner FORCED this outcome by his own choosing? I doubt he really wanted fire as the method. Who does?! However, for suicide by cop? What else did he have?? He was going to die on California's Death Row if he was LUCKY.

If not? He was truly a man in the worst of ALL worlds. He would be going into the maximum security prison world as an ex-LAPD cop. Not even a small town cop he could claim was a good guy or something...but LAPD. WELL KNOWN LAPD at that. Now usually, guards may be half way decent to a cop on the inside. Not Dorner. He's a Cop KILLER too!

So the outcome is tragic but entirely expected. I wouldn't have bet cash on it. I wasn't that sure. Expected is a fair word though. He had ZERO future once the media lights went off.....outside of torment and anguish inflicted by all sides of the system, once inside. I think he went out in a blaze of glory, as intended. He likely just didn't mean it to be THAT literal.
Ummm...excuse me.....So we throw due process out the window and now high five and roast marshmallows while the LEO's get to play Judge Dredd and you think this is just great. Hopefully you wont have to eat your words...but I think I'm a little tired of you thinking you stand for some sort of constitutional rule of law. WTF....why even pretend anymore...especially when we can be so selective in which of the enumerated rights we get to pick and choose for others simply because we read a story in a paper or watched some footage.

This whole event just makes me sick...Everyone of those Leo's that put on the mantle of Judge, Jury and Executioner should be tried for murder....every damned one of them. Who's word do we have but their own..."Burn the MotherF-cker down"...I hope you have the good sense to rethink what you wrote.

It seems to me that enumerated rights are only good for some of the people...some of the time..........Just as I reiterated that OWS had a constitutional right to protest...even though I didn't agree with their desires, I went to the mat here on ATS to defend their right to assemble...Nor will I compromise my firm belief that Mr. Dorner had every right to a fair trial and not to be burned alive by those who are sworn to uphold the law...Even though I find his public support of Barak Obama and his dislike of the 2nd ammendment repugnant...as reported...I will still champion his right to justice...............NONE of you know anything beyond what we were spoon fed by the LAPD and the media...

When otherwise constitutional persons can selectively pick and choose which rights are to be afforded.......then perhaps I find myself in the wrong company...and no longer have to wonder how or why it all turned upside down.

YouSir

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
They should have used a personal rocket launcher on the house. That would have been more impressive. What's the difference if the house was blown up instead of looking like swiss cheese from all the bullets. Either way the home would have to be replaced.

Dont you understand the precedent this sets for our kids future
What if you child was hiding in the cuboard.
Acording to police reports they wern't even sure if there was a body in the house
Lets burn it just incase.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by iwontrun
Wow last week it was talk of killing "suspected" terrorists with drone strikes, now its actually killing "suspected" killers with "ye" age old burning of the stake. What is our country coming to where due prosess is just a term of the past? Make sure hence forth your not suspected of a crime TPTB might just kill you to save court costs!

that's right...kill someone, and you will be killed. everybody is all excited about this guy having some type of rights. gees, where have you been, if you do not give up immediately, and cause LE to fear you, you will be killed by any means necessary. this has been going on for decades. why should LE risk their own lives, just so this SOB can have his day in court?

Thank you for taking the other side of the argument without belittling anybody.
I have a question for you
Would it be ok to kill innocent people to catch a killer ?
Because with this kind of SOP that is what will happen no doubt about it.
Police raid wrong homes now and shoot people and thier pets.
What happens if it turns out your family member was in a home that this happend to ?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

This thread is not about what we think of dorner its about weather it's ok to burn a home to get a kill a suspect
Yes a suspect
So far anyone who has said its ok to burn a home has mentioned how bad dorner is i dont care about him this is not the point.
What next someone stoll a car and then went to ground in a house
R LETS BURN IT DOWN

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
reply to post by OkieDokie

I believe that "burners" is police slang for tear gas. Sometimes the tear gas canisters cause fires. Hence the slang name burners.

People need to do some research before they assume this was an assassination.

Using tear gas to force someone out of a building seems like it's pretty routine.

Although if I owned the cabin, I'd expect the police to pay to rebuild.

There are two types of canisters. They tried the ones without the incendiary component first, then opted to use the more powerful type that I too believe are called 'burners' by some people. Now that being said I'm fairly certain that many involved in the stand off would have preferred this guy never got to see a trial. I also kind of doubt that the guy wanted to see a trial and would have shot it out anyway.

new topics
top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join