It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cartoon Calendar Predicts Pope's Resignation (German Translation)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Don't know if this has been posted as the search function never wants to work for me it seems...if so mods handle accordingly.

German Cartoon

Apparently the calendar was released August 31st of 2012...
espresso-verlag.de...

the translation reads:
"Holy moly! Tomorrow I'll quit!"

I can't seem to verify this too much outside of the link so I don't know if its a hoax or not...Found this on another forum I like to frequent and thought I would post it here for further review since I had not seen it and knew the ATS crowd would enjoy it.

edit to add: added some links one to the official site of the publisher of the calender...so far seems legit...
additional sources:
fudder.de...
twitter.com...

edit on 13-2-2013 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Someone will be along shortly to explain the sinister significance of those lottery numbers and how the Illumi-naughty were using this cartoon to give a warning about the upcoming appearance of the anti-christ.

If it is real it is just another of one those quirky little coincidences that happens daily on this pale blue dot of over 6,000,000,000 people.

In my most humble opinion

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
reply to post by Sly1one

Someone will be along shortly to explain the sinister significance of those lottery numbers and how the Illumi-naughty were using this cartoon to give a warning about the upcoming appearance of the anti-christ.

If it is real it is just another of one those quirky little coincidences that happens daily on this pale blue dot of over 6,000,000,000 people.

In my most humble opinion

If it is real...that is one hell of a coincidence...considering a pope hasn't quit in ~500 years? and some cartoon just so happen to predict not only that the pope would quit...but the day of??

So essentially this coincidence just so happened to entail a world leader(Pope)...a once in a 500 year event(resign)...and date of said event(Feb 11)...

that is probably the most amazingly far out coincidence imaginable...

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

It's more likely that either it is an after-the-fact hoax, or that the Pope likes German calendars and is either susceptible to suggestion or has a sense of humor.
edit on 13-2-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Seeing that the pope is German, maybe he actually does like German calenders? Lol

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
By using google image, there's a fair few of them there, now, but I couldn't spot any that actually showed it in a calendar.

Nor do I know how legit this www.tageblatt.lu... site is, but from google translate it says:

Editor Jürgen Holtfreter, who is responsible for the arrangement of the cartoons, spoke of an accident: "When I am on Monday morning tore the Sunday paper, and then the message came on the radio, I was really scared," he said Tuesday at the news agency DAPD. He may give out the calendar "Karicartoon" for over 30 years. Similar accidents have already given it more often - the prediction of the Pope's resignation but it could be the most spectacular results.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mrhan
reply to post by Aleister

Seeing that the pope is German, maybe he actually does like German calenders? Lol

Quite possible, you never know. And welcome as a member, keep on posting and sharing and suddenly you and we will know a lot more than we did before!

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I am really curious how many people will try to reach the author of this cartoon to get her prediction who will be the next pope.. She might make some money as a fortune teller, I guess.

*black pope* *black pope* *black pope* *or at least south-american*
*crosses fingers and hopes* NOW THAT WOULD BE FUN!

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by aspiechick
By using google image, there's a fair few of them there, now, but I couldn't spot any that actually showed it in a calendar.

Nor do I know how legit this www.tageblatt.lu... site is, but from google translate it says:

Editor Jürgen Holtfreter, who is responsible for the arrangement of the cartoons, spoke of an accident: "When I am on Monday morning tore the Sunday paper, and then the message came on the radio, I was really scared," he said Tuesday at the news agency DAPD. He may give out the calendar "Karicartoon" for over 30 years. Similar accidents have already given it more often - the prediction of the Pope's resignation but it could be the most spectacular results.

Ya I don't know jack about german papers/sites and their authenticity...

I found the actual espresso site that the calender is published in and the publish date of the 2012 calender.
But I can't see the images within the calender (assuming you have to purchase)...

even the translated stuff is hard to comprehend exactly what is being said.

I'm continuing the search for verification though!

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one
Ya I don't know jack about german papers/sites and their authenticity?
That makes two of us.

The paper seems legit-ish (hahahaha!), although I found less than 1000 followers on twitter and less than 3000 fans on FB for them.

Wiki page hasn't been revised since last year:
en.wikipedia.org...

And contact page for the newspaper matches town (Luxembourg) from Wiki:
www.tageblatt.lu...

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

I listened to this episode of coast to coast the other day (yesterday?) I guess it was yesterday.. Insomnia anyway..

The guy being interviewed seemed to think the Pope was going to resign before Easter in 2012.. He makes no mention of the German Cartoon, but the guy says something like this:

"The insiders at the vatican thought he was going to resign last year before Easter. We were disappointed and confused when it never happened, so the pope resigning now comes as no surprise."

Here is the episode I am referring to, and I'll look for the exact time, because I think he named names of who knew this if I remember correctly.

What I am getting at is that if the guy being interviewed by George Noory is correct, then the German newpaper could have heard about the pope resigning from the insiders in early 2012..

The interview starts at around 13:25.. I'll just listen through till I find it, but the whole interview is interesting, and I am not religious. The part I was referring to is around 41 minutes through 45 minutes..

edit on 2/13/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Someone who seems to be unable to post whispered in my ear and I came to a few articles.. I thank him or her for noticing my post and helping me out with some of the details. They shall remain nameless.

03/29/2012
After this journey, the rumour about the Pope’s resignation is silenced

Last September 2011 however a rumour started going around in and out of the Vatican concerning a possible planned resignation, not connected with any debilitating disease.
In the last weeks the theory has been rehashed by the director of Foglio, Giuliano Ferrara. “A pope who decides to step down” wrote Ferrara “because he believes he has a spiritual duty to support renewal and a fresh approach that does not invalidate his mandate, but actually adds worth to it, has indirectly the power to influence with more mettle and determination his succession”

[year added into text by me]

And...

Wednesday, 28 Sep 2011 09:57 AM
Despite Rumors, Pope Will Not Resign

During Pope Benedict XVI's intense four-day visit to Germany last week, Vatican spokesman Father Federico Lombardi expressed his astonishment at how well the Pope had coped with such a grueling schedule.

“The Pope is doing extraordinarily well,” he told reporters on the final day. “This has been pleasing to see for us, for the people and for him too.”

So it came as a surprise when the Italian press reported speculation the same day saying the Pope may resign when he turns 85 next April.2012

[year added into text by me]

Both articles point to a rumor that was reported on that the Pope would resign around April of 2012.. The second article even mentions Germany in the same area as the rumor printed by Italian Sources..

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Oh no!

The superzahl is 6.
And his thumb is pointing at the 6.
And if you add up this year as 2+0+1+3 you get 6.

There! For anyone looking for mysterious signs (oooh), I just did you job.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
People talked about the pope quitting far back as the first sex scandal that seemed to imply he covered things up as a Bishop. Not foreshadowing but just highlighting common sentiment.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

wow...interesting I was unaware that apparently the pope resigning was the talk of the town for at least a year or so prior...

which begs the question for me...

why the apparent surprise now that he actually did it?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

I don't know.. For me I didn't know about the old rumors because I don't pay attention to religious topics most of the time.. Seeing as how 2012 just ended I can see people looking for their next fix.. The timing just feels like there are a lot of things going on at the moment.

But shouldn't it come as no surprise?

On to

"the Last Pope"

dun dun dun... Man what interesting times I have gotten myself into..

Like your equation by the way. Truth over Time is Trust.
It explains why I cannot trust the government..
0 (truths) divided by 30 (time, life in years) = 0 (trust)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Thinking about it for just a moment the cartoon seems more legit. It's a funny joke, because everyone who wins a big lotto quits their day job, and this was just stretching the idea to the pope. The date was just coincidence, or I guess we can say now, was just programmed reality. Good one, user!

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Well, we shouldn´t try to read too much into it. This is a cartoon about the pope winning money and quitting his job like a lot of people would.

Calling this a prediction is wishful thinking at best.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Perhaps 10 months ago I listened to this interview talking about the Pope resigning, whilst I was driving across France, so the last thing this ´news´ did, was surprise me.

Lot´s of allegations in this.. Vatican prohesy, Anti Christs, ET´s and allsorts.

It´s a long vid - originally called Petrus Romanus - and a bit hysterical but the resignation prediction is clearly there.

The only error was that it was supposed to have occurred late 2012.

Better late than never..

edit on 13-2-2013 by AuntieChrist because: Forgot

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Well, religions (especially Catholicism) is a joke anyway so they really are just cartoons....

new topics

top topics

join