learn more

Arthritis... any tips?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Oops! Double Post...
edit on 2/18/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by aspiechick

The arthritis in my feet used to be debilitating. I cut out gluten (for intolerance reasons) and I nearly eliminated sugar and I swim in a warm pool. I hardly even realize that I have arthritis anymore!

I also take MSM, Glucosamine and Chondroitin.

Good luck to you!

Reading over the thread, it's amazing how many do the same things I do, including the ACV mixture, and a "corn bag"!

ACV mixture:
1/4 c hot water (not boiling)
1 T honey
3/4 t baking soda
To the above, add 3 T Apple Cider Vinegar (with "the mother") it will foam up and then settle a little. Then drink it. Start with 2 times/per day on an empty stomach. After 1 week, go to two times per week. That's what we're doing and it's great stuff for arthritis and gout.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Besides HFCS, what did you give up....
I know you said processed foods, but anything that stands out as important to avoid??

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by aspiechick

The arthritis in my feet used to be debilitating. I cut out gluten (for intolerance reasons) and I nearly eliminated sugar and I swim in a warm pool. I hardly even realize that I have arthritis anymore!

I also take MSM, Glucosamine and Chondroitin.

Good luck to you!

Reading over the thread, it's amazing how many do the same things I do, including the ACV mixture, and a "corn bag"!

ACV mixture:
1/4 c hot water (not boiling)
1 T honey
3/4 t baking soda
To the above, add 3 T Apple Cider Vinegar (with "the mother") it will foam up and then settle a little. Then drink it. Start with 2 times/per day on an empty stomach. After 1 week, go to two times per week. That's what we're doing and it's great stuff for arthritis and gout.

Are you saying drinking baking soda works? The other things I think are great, but the baking soda? I have organic. Wonder if organic maple syrup would replace honey?

I'm going to try that shortly, at the point it don't matter. Want to turn this around permanently.
edit on 18-2-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Glucosamine helps as does jello. Inflamation can be taken down with a little turmeric added as a spice to the diet every couple days. There are a lot of ways to accomplish this actually. Eating too many tomatoes can cause this also, the Tomatin is a strong adjuvant and can accentuate the wrong foods you eat..

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Originally posted by Unity_99
Are you saying drinking baking soda works? Wonder if organic maple syrup would replace honey?

I think the baking soda and ACV together make a fizzy concoction that works for gout pain. I use the recipe I posted, but this is a different one. Sounds like too much water for me. I'm not sure the honey is an "active ingredient", but we get local, organic honey and it makes the drink taste good (really good, actually). I sure would try maple if I didn't have the honey.

Apple Cider Vinegar and Baking Soda

Mixing apple cider vinegar and baking soda together creates a drink with a nearly perfect pH of 7, according to "The pH Miracle." This helps balance the body and contributes to an alkalizing diet, which may reduce symptoms of gout. Pour 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar into a tall glass and add 1/2 tsp. baking soda. It will foam for a few minutes. Allow all the foam to dissipate and then add 6 to 8 oz. water. Drink the entire amount at once. Consume a drink like this two to three times daily during an acute gout attack to reduce symptoms. Continue to consume this drink once daily to help prevent future attacks. Although this mixture neutralizes the baking soda, in general baking soda can raise the blood pressure. Before using this mixture, check with your health practitioner if you have high blood pressure or take medicine for hypertension.

Read more: www.livestrong.com...

Want to turn this around permanently.

I HATE taking pharmaceuticals, so I use herbs and other home remedies whenever I can. If you look up ACV for arthritis, you'll find LOTS of supportive information. I LOVE the stuff! Make sure it has "the mother". And good luck!

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I'm going to try and and get some new apple cider vinegar from the health food store, organic good stuff. We had some but its 2 years old now, don't know if its still good, its same thing, organic with mother. Due to my liver disease, unsure of whether the baking soda is a good thing, but I can only try. You can tell when things help or not. For example the grape fruit helps, and your food processes faster, more energy. Tried it at night and it hurt, too much acid at night, had an upset system for 2 days, BUT, my knees and shins, ankles and feet were 50% better.

I may switch the grapefruit to after dinner, which I don't always have really. But not late, more late afternoon, early evening, to see how that helps. And may take something like this in the morning.

Also, don't have the MSM from health store and the other remedies. But am taking this, and 10 000 iu's of vit D, often with cod liver oil.

www.pno.ca...

Its for fibromalgia, and we're just pulling ahead of being short for funds but always feel really guilty in investing funds into me, but going to be adding this in a couple months as well: liposomal vitamin C

I also have faith in Love and Family, God/Goodness/Love/Christ, to provide as I need to do things. I keep seeing and believing in a complete reversal and miracle, and starting the businesses I've been discussing and planning with two of my sons. Not big, just small and a learning experience for them. Things don't move fast enough for me, keep needing to wait, to accomplish 3 more steps first. But trying to set aside my belief in illness. It's always like having to take steps backwards, sideways, just to take one forward.

I've always had some arthritis since childhood which is why I always pressumed it was rheumatoid, as that is what my grandmother had, my aunt has. My brother's hip goes out and needed cortisone, like me.

BUT, this has been since a year ago last Novemeber, like an onslaught. Really leaving a huge imprint in our lives, I've had to have my son help me up, and become so exhausted, lacking in stamina, dealing with this pain and stiffness that I will nearly pass out with sleep by 5 pm and sleep round the clock, nearly 12 hours a time. I'm only 49, and keep saying its not possible for this to happen, but just questioning others, keep hearing case after case, from mid 40's,, late 40's, onwards, and this is new.

Pretty sure its GMO, toxins, radiation, something NEW.
edit on 19-2-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Good thing you're qutting the pepsi max, could be responsible for the majority of it right there, aspartame is some dangerous stuff.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I rarely drink pop, and never any diet form and avoid all aspartame, flouride, etc. for years. I try to buy organic as much as I can afford, and limit wheat. GMO is 75% of food now. And its very toxic to our organs.
edit on 19-2-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I had spinal arthritis. I was told I would have to take medication the rest of my life. I decided against it.

Watch a documentary on Netflix called the Gerson miracle. It will teach you how to use food to cure cancer, diabetes, and arthritis. It worked for me, and now I'm enjoying activities I was told I would never do again. And for the first time in years, I'm completely pain free! PM me if you care to know my exact diet details. Btw, you feel the effects almost immediately. 4 days for me. I followed the plan for 6 months to attempt to repair my body. That was over a year ago and I feel fantastic now!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I purchased the real apple cider vinegar with the mother, and more honey. And also, MSM powder from the health food store for osteo arthritis. It is very bitter. It said not to take before bed, but was so drained went to sleep early, and wanted to offset it from my grapefruit at supper, which is the only real aid I have to metabolizing food, and is very needed.

The MSM is very bitter, was suspicious its poison. Woke with more mobility, less pain. Had terrible day yesterday and should have taken ibprofen before all my outings, but rarely do, because of my liver. Slept early due to shutting down mode, that happens when I'm doing too much with the pain, I just shut down. Some days have slept from 5 30 pm on, 12 hours roughly from it.

Today will start the baking soda, apple cider vinegar drink, twice a day, before any fruit or food. I guess I'll take that morning and evening. And the MSM in the afternoon when I eat something solid. And the powdered magnesium and vitamin D before bed.

So will report what happens to me on this thread.
edit on 22-2-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
First dose of apple cider vinegar with organic baking soda, has helped quite quickly. I still have a changed form in my knee, so its damaged (though I had no accident). From what I read both MSM and this drink will help to rebuild the tissue and collegen, repair and rebuild it.

The MSM worked immediately last night. Took down the swelling. And more energy this morning.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Change of plans. The apple cider vinegar/soda combo was like the potassium iodide when I took it. It really hurt, itensified the joint pains and made even more joints hurt, and swelled right up.

The MSM helps take that away, and takes down the swelling and gives energy. So after going through too much pain yesterday, will be sticking it out with the MSM, but not the vinegar.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Start eating hemp now. The essential fatty acids (omega-3,6,and 9) will lubricate your joints. You can eat the de-hulled seeds or drink hemp milk. Hope this helps.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I really can't stress enough that LIVE ENZYMES will HEAL you. If you don't want to watch the documentary, then just go buy some ORGANIC fruits and veggies and juice them. Any mix that you can stand to swallow. They all contain live enzymes and that's what will heal you. Large amounts of live enzymes. You'll feel better in a matter of days. You can make your problem go away if you want to. I just handed you the cure to your arthritis on a silver platter. I'm speaking strait from experience... I have cured mine!
edit on 23-2-2013 by Under Water because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Oannes and Under Water, thank you both, will be adding both suggestions.
edit on 23-2-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
You can also buy hemp powder from a health food store and mix it in with your organic fresh squeezed juices.

Also, if it's possible for you, get a masticating juicer. Those won't heat up and kill the enzymes. But if you can't afford one, my mom got one pretty cheep at Walmart, it will dice up everything and then strain the juices out. Just try not to let it run too long. The blades can get hot and heat up the precious enzymes.
edit on 23-2-2013 by Under Water because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I've seen several people recommending glucosamine or chondroitin in this thread.

I would like to elaborate on this, as I rarely recommend either for my patients because if not taken precisely, you won't get any benefit from them...

1) you must take them on an empty stomach. Taking with food reduces absorption by an estimated 80%

2). You must take enough. For most people, it means a minimum of 1200-1400 mg. the product is expensive, so people try to stretch their bottle by taking less. Don't..

3) you must take twice a day and you can't skip any doses. If you skip doses, it will be like starting over.

4) you have to take it for a minimum of 3-4 months before you start to see appreciable benefit.

5) go back and read #3. Don't skip doses or you keep resetting your 3 month clock

I usually prefer to recommend a turmeric supplement with bio perine, and I like to use a supplement that is a combination of acacia and scutelaria to get people out of inflammation and pain first. Then we can work or repairing damage.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Oil of Oregano.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by BABYBULL24
Oil of Oregano.

Won't do much for arthritis. It is much better as an antibacterial/antiviral/antiparisitic, and you must take it in a time released format for its days biotic effect.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join