It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Benedict resigned to avoid arrest, seizure of Church wealth by Easter

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by greatfriendbadfoe
your post 4 posts earlier than this quote stated no killings happened

No, it didn't:

What's your evidence of that? Who "hung and burned millions of people"? 'Cause neither the Catholic nor Protestant churches did.

I didn't say no one died, I said "millions weren't hung and burned."

I'm long on record as stating that the Catholic Church, as well as the Protestant churches of the era, committed horrendous acts against human beings. But I do believe that the victims of these persecutions are best honoured with an honest accounting of what happened, not obvious propaganda that inflates numbers to a ridiculous level (there is a poster here on ATS who swears up and down that the Catholic Church killed more people in the Inquisitions than existed in Europe in the 14th and 15th Centuries.)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Yeah I am sure this has to do some crazy idea he was going to be arrested (something stepping down would not prevent) and not to with the fact they chose one of the oldest Popes in the last 500 years in a modern world that no requires him to travel to keep up with a global church.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I see that on one has picked up on this claim yet. It seems that they are claiming that the Pope resigned because he couldn't handle news of E T.

SOURCE

A stunning Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) report prepared for President Putin, which is circulating in the Kremlin today, states that Pope Benedict XVI was forced to resign this past week over Catholic Church fears that this 85-year-old leader of over 1 billion Christians was “mentally and physically unprepared” to deal with the coming revelation about the truth of alien beings.

In our 22 January report, Russia Orders Obama: Tell World About Aliens, Or We Will, we detailed how the issue of extraterrestrial beings was brought to the forefront of the World Economic Forum (WEF) with the naming in their 2013 Executive Summary of the danger posed to our world over the discovery of alien life with their stating: “Proof of life elsewhere in the universe could have profound psychological implications for human belief systems.”

And there also seems to be a new type of UFO.

Spurring Pope Benedict XVI to become the first leader of the Catholic Church to resign in nearly 600 years, this MFA report says, was the appearance over Los Cristianos, Spain on 21 August 2011 of the long prophesized “bird of prey” interplanetary spacecraft, and which was followed nearly 3 weeks ago with a fleet of them appearing in the skies over Mexico City.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

Lol, this gets better all the time

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by happykat39
I see that on one has picked up on this claim yet. It seems that they are claiming that the Pope resigned because he couldn't handle news of E T.

SOURCE

Sorcha Faal of course...

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Originally posted by happykat39

SOURCE

Sorcha Faal of course...

I followed it to the source I linked to from a more reliable, but not by much it now seems, source. Had I drilled down one more layer I would have posted this in the humor forum. But it still makes for an interesting read as a humor piece from the web's most prolific creator of false news.

However, the video was posted from another site and is still interesting, just not on this forum. I think I will wander over to the UFO forum and see if it has been posted there yet.

edit on 17-2-2013 by happykat39 because: typo

edit on 17-2-2013 by happykat39 because: added info

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

You are correct and that seems to be what he is doing.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FuzzyNintendo

Yes this seems to be a popular belief and there are some interesting coincidences. Could the Catholic Church ride the coat tails of prophecy to usher in a revival of the catholic church?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonMoon

That is an excellent question. Any groups wishing for a global currency or government would benefit for sure.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

Lmao maybe that is why there are so many fireballs.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Is is possible that Pope Benedict's resignation is just for show; and he continues to be the 'Pope' in secret?

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by GargIndia

Yes.

In the same way that it is possible that you are the Pope (either of them) posting under a pseudonym.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Benedict is a liar. ha ha

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Interesting take.

Let me rephrase my question.

Is it possible in Vatican hierarchy that there is a 'Pope' and another 'Chief Pontiff'?

Why is Benedict still living in Rome?

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by GargIndia

No.

and because it is up to each diocese to make provision for its retired bishops and priests - he was formerly the bishop of Rome, therefore Rome has to look after him.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Thank you for clarifying this doubt.

Read on the Net that outgoing Pope Ratzinger will stay in a 'consulting' role or something like that.

The new Pope seems more like a nice humble man that does not fit into the system well.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join