It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Benedict resigned to avoid arrest, seizure of Church wealth by Easter

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamdavid
reply to post by greatfriendbadfoe

Never going to happen.

Why? Well, for a start, islam is a young religion leeching off the bible...No one who believe in the bible can accept the twisted views that islam offers about Jesus.

That's okay. Christianity is just a slightly older young religion leeching off of Judaism. No one who has read the Hebrew Bible objectively can accept that Jesus "fulfilled prophecies" or "completed God's plan" or any of that nonsense.

Not that either of our posts have anything whatsoever to do with the OP, but there you go.
edit on 13-2-2013 by Schkeptick because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schkeptick

Never going to happen.

Why? Well, for a start, islam is a young religion leeching off the bible...No one who believe in the bible can accept the twisted views that islam offers about Jesus.

That's okay. Christianity is just a slightly older young religion leeching off of Judaism. No one who has read the Hebrew Bible objectively can accept that Jesus "fulfilled prophecies" or "completed God's plan" or any of that nonsense.

Not that either of our posts have anything whatsoever to do with the OP, but there you go.
edit on 13-2-2013 by Schkeptick because: (no reason given)

Going to war over religion is like fighting over who has the better imaginary friend...

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

"Like"?

It is going to war over who has the best imaginary friend!

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Never going to happen.

Islam is a young religion? It's only 600 years younger than that jewish offshoot cult christianity. Leeches off the bible? Like christianity isn't a copycat religion. Islam follows the Old Testament just like Judaism and christianity. Those two religions are just splinter religions from judaism. Judaism is a religion that has copied from other religions. So christianity and islam are copies of a copy. All these religions are false and equally bad for humanity. So what's the problem if all these catholics convert to islam? They would just be moving from one false belief system to another.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
In my opinion...
Perhaps the Pope gave up when suddenly he realized what he was talking about?
Long shot, and I am being a smart arse, BUT...
It is said that the better one understands the Bible and understands Religion, the better the chances he or she becomes an Atheist.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Yeah, like he was going to resign because of reasons...

Like any other church these days, it's all about the fact that the world is waking up...we no longer see them as an authority.

I hope every single power-drunk branch of Christianity goes down this year, and that the world finally after so many years of oppression treats them as the criminals they truly are.

Don't blame all this upon Christianity
as a whole. If you want to see how its like without having Christianity may i recommend Bosnia, Sarajevo? after seeing the once great city and the manufacturers of European cars back in the 80s.

You wouldn't be saying that again.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Interesting thank you!

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Doesn't look closed to me???

Anyhow.. I had to go back and read the source again before i commented, and having been brought up Catholic and am now a Recovering Catholic (one day at a time folks) I find this whole thing amusing.

Everyone knew last year that Benedict was going to resign, he made no secrets about it, now he makes the announcement and everyone in their brother is clamoring in to see a conspiracy. Maybe he's just too old?
edit on Wed Feb 13 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

I read your post on the Peoples Trust, very interesting. Something I knew nothing about. What I noticed when searching for more info on this topic as this thread peoplestrustsaskatoon.blogspot.com...
It seem that some how there is a connection here thought you might find interesting. There were other pages when I searched Easter reclamation tied to those guys. Thank you for posting on this thread!
Congrats on your recovery
, sorry very dry sense of humor*

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

No one who believe in the bible can accept the twisted views that islam offers about Jesus.

Those who believe in the bible cannot, of course, accept Islam's views of Jesus. However, I am not sure what part of Islam's views of Jesus you consider "twisted".

1. Islam cosiders Jesus was born of Virgin Mary through immaculate conception.

2. Jesus is a revered prophet of Islam and Muslims invoke peace upon him when referring to him as they do the other prophets including prophet Muhammed.

3. Muslims believe Jesus bodily ascended to heaven and did not die on the cross. They do also believe that he will return in end times, in the exact same body, to establish God's law and rule the earth.

With the exception of Muslims refusing to accept Jesus as the son of God (which status doesn't exist for anyone), Islam grants a position to Jesus, that is perhaps greater than what Christianity does and that is greater than accorded to any other prophet of Islam including the last one, Muhammed.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Observor

That is very true, I have studied religion as a hobby for many years. I find the common themes found between religions to be the most interesting and important. Sadly most can not overlook the emotional aspects of religion in order to gain a more logical view of it. I believe there is truths to be found, common grounds. Your post was refreshing thank you

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08

Originally posted by slugger9787
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Doesn't look closed to me???

Anyhow.. I had to go back and read the source again before i commented, and having been brought up Catholic and am now a Recovering Catholic (one day at a time folks) I find this whole thing amusing.

Everyone knew last year that Benedict was going to resign, he made no secrets about it, now he makes the announcement and everyone in their brother is clamoring in to see a conspiracy. Maybe he's just too old?

You're right, he could be old. But isn't this one of those jobs, and that kind of religion, that one takes to their death? It could be why others before him rode out their "job" until their last breath?

I find it very strange he quit on a "job" like that. He had it made until death, supposedly. Why would he want to leave a paid healthcare/vacation/retirement plan when he is in his old age? There are many potential tangents that could go =b
edit on Wed Feb 13 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Petrus Romanus.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Philippines
I find it very strange he quit on a "job" like that. He had it made until death, supposedly.

Maybe he thought that the job was important enough that it needed to be done by someone in better health -- his doctors told him that he could no longer travel overseas, a key part of the job.

Odd that you'd be criticizing him for making a responsible decision -- usually people are complaining about the Pope and/or church taking advantage of their position.

Why would he want to leave a paid healthcare/vacation/retirement plan when he is in his old age?

Priests (along with nuns, monks, etc) are taken care of by the church when they retire, just as Benedict will be. He's not going to get tossed out into the street or something.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
ITCCS is a bunch of private people with a grudge against the RC church & the British ryal family.

not that I blame them for that in any way - but they do try to make themselves look important, or official, whereas they are not more "international" than ATS (which has people on it from all around the globe), and no more a "tribunal" than the people posting in this thread.

Here's a balanced view of them

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Priests (along with nuns, monks, etc) are taken care of by the church when they retire, just as Benedict will be. He's not going to get tossed out into the street or something.

Indeed - he's got a nice little expensively refurbished conent to live in right in the heart of the Vatican - all expenses paid.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join