It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's 2013 State of the Union Address

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I think the pre-school initiative is a good one, to give the kids a head start in their learning process because in today's world, to be positioned for the jobs of the new economy, they're going to need as much education as possible.

I feel that the quality of one's education is much more important than the quantity of one's education. That's why the schools with the better teachers have better performing students. Why do you "think" quantity is more important?

See ya,
Milt

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by Agit8dChop

It's pretty sad..

ATS sucks now imho.

Simple solution... LEAVE.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The GOP responded today to say that Obama offers nothing new and we'll oppose him at every turn, including the fiscal cliff crisis, so no worries it's back to business as usual and not much will get done while China leads the way (puke).

Continue on with your Obama bashing, it's your country..

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by slapjacks

Sure, and let and dumbing down process continue.. maybe there's nothing else TO do.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by Piper96

Just so long as the opposition to what's been presented by the President is based on a well reasoned argument i.e.: based in fact and not just -he's bad, evil, communist, whatever, then that's a conversation and a discussion or even an argument worth having. Otherwise it's just well either insane or stupid/ignorant as a mere knee jerk reaction without any informed basis in fact, and therefore just irrational hatred or nonsense and indeed childish nonsense at that, and it's embarrassing and makes ATS look stupid and ignorant.

edit on 13-2-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

Almost as ignorant as calling someone you don't know racist?
I'd say that comment took the cake as far as what your supposedly trying to rally against. It should go both ways.
As far as the president being evil, or bad, or a communist, etc... Those are all opinions. People come to those opinions through things they hear from him and see him do. Just as some people think he's the most fantastic president the U.S. has ever known. How people come to their opinion is of their own way. They are free to argue or state that opinion as they see fit. Its not your place to call anyone ignorant for having an opinion and stating it. If you don't like what they are saying or how they ate saying it, then ignore it or move on.
I could say that those who see the president as fantastic make Americans look dumb, but that's not the way I am. I don't expect people to justify their opinions to me and degrade them when they don't line up to what I think or feel.
I'm proud to be a member of a forum where I can share my opinions and thoughts freely. I just don't like being called a racist when I don't agree with the thoughts or opinions of another member.
Now...back onto topic, the president's speech was just vague "well this might be good" type wording on things that really skirted the major issues such as the economy. His minimum wage matching cost of living idea would be disastrous for small business,, and of course he had to end it with his big gun control finale. I am really scared for our country. Thing is, with his history, if congress doesn't line up with what he thinks should happen, he gets all pen happy and starts pulling out those executive orders.
Ohhhh... But wait...I can't suggest anything about him being communist in this thread... I might get called a racist again.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join