It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forehead Wrinkles research.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I have been looking at forehead wrinkles on people and wondering if they can be used to judge the character of people. I see patterns in them and am noticing that these patterns many times seem to correlate with the jobs they have. Weather the jobs cause the different patterns of the wrinkles or whether these wrinkles are caused by the frequency the brain functions at is of interest to me.

This is what I am observing about the horizontal wrinkles, but I have only looked at pictures of maybe a thousand people that I knew something about. I noticed that a lot of scientists have wrinkles that look like wave patterns, like swells in a sea. It appears that actors have a straight line pattern going across the forehead. Many teachers and politicians also have these straight lines but actually many of them are actors in their profession.

People with many fine wrinkles seem to be hyper and impatient. The ones without wrinkles are hard to classify because they are young or are lacking the materials to form the stuff that makes the wrinkles. These people may form any type of wrinkles in the future depending on their stress and way they think. I think drinking alcohol may also dissolve the substance and not let it form into a discernible pattern. A person with little or no stress may not even get wrinkles, type of stress may what forms their pattern.

Einstein had straight wrinkles but he was also an actor, created by our government to make their research that was stolen look legit. He also co-published a lot of work with others so it would get accepted. Einstein did know how to put research together though and he solved a lot of puzzles in the sciences he worked in. He was very intelligent. I think he was both an actor and a scientist but the actor may have given him the straight lines.

Technically the straight lines may mean deceiver even though the deceit could be good or necessary. Worries of being found not to be exactly what you say you are may cause these kind of forehead wrinkles to be straight. This could not be used to judge a person's morals, just to identify the tactics they use to accomplish things.

I can't find much of a comparison of the upright wrinkles. When a person gets mad sometimes or feels challenged these often pop out. I don't think these can be used to judge character though, everyone gets mad sometimes. It could be used to judge a persons mood though, something that I think people automatically know from experience over the years as they observe people. Knowledge that is recorded in the subconscious and forms a part of our fight or flight response..

Now this may belong in the disinformation bin but it should be in the research thread because I am asking others if they notice what I have proposed to possibly be a way of distinguishing types of people. Everyone look around and see what you see and try to add to or modify what I am possibly seeing.

What do you guys think of this, could it possibly be used to identify traits of people?
edit on 12-2-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

People that worry a lot have more wrinkle lines on their forehead. It comes I think from emotional responses like furrowing your brow, raising your eyebrows, squinting, cinching up your nose. These are responses to worry, anger or sadness. Since those facial expressions are caused by stress then you could say stress causes wrinkles.

So does wind in the face, welders get lots of wrinkles, sailors, people who smoke...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

So could it be possible to tell if someone is a sailor by the style of wrinkles he has or if the person is a welder by the style of wrinkles? Can their pattern be used somehow as a trait indicator is my question.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
My wife says that mine are circumcision scars

She's probably right though

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

No, Ronald Reagan was an actor, Einstein was a German Jew.

Perhaps people who have wrinkles are, like, old or something.

... or have loose skin.

... or have soaked too long in the bath.

Palmistry is also reading "significance" in wrinkles. Perhaps you could research it for a while.

Or perhaps, just perhaps, the fact that someone cannot be classified by their forhead wrinkles indicates that your premise is BS? Nah, couldn't be.

edit on 12/2/2013 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Something to consider.

People who tend to have oily skin have fewer wrinkles.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I like Living Strong, I have researched a lot of their articles and find that many are correct. Although the creator of the site may have been just a tad bit corrupt, he did create something fairly real because the people who right there have interest in what they study. Here is a link. www.livestrong.com...

I have studied collagens and elastins extensively and what can cause the elastic hooks that hook the skin to the flesh to loose their velcro like properties. This explains conditions of loose skin like you often get on your hands when working with chemicals. We can not produce the base protein of the elastin, we either have to eat it or apply it to the skin so it can be absorbed. What I observe in wrinkles on the forehead is different though. The collegans and elastins there seem to have the ability to puff up like a puffer fish. I read a research article about this weird phenomenon a while back. This puffing is evident in other species in the animal kingdom also.

I started to think about this link to kinds of worries and possible ways of thinking years ago. Get someone mad and look at their foreheads, the collagen distorts. It makes a good conversation piece when talking to others and can be used to get some laughs.

Oily skin means also more consumption of fat cells many times. What forms the container of the fat cell is an elastin complex that can stretch. Bacon that is fried well can make smoother and stronger skin in my mind, supplying the base elastin protein that can be absorbed through the digestive tract as it is digested. The cell wall is important, not the oil inside. Pork rinds have this elastin and the fat has been rendered when made into snacks. Trouble is that man has made artificial flavored snacks that do not necessarily possess this trait..
edit on 13-2-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Interesting theory, and surprisingly you may be on to something.. However there just seem to be too many factors to really judge someone based on their forehead lines.. I mean, I'm pretty sure that anyone, in any career can be stressed out, overworked, smoking, using narcotics, or hey, maybe they have a really great face cream or even Botox?

Just seems a bit redundant. What are you looking to achieve with this? Because how accurate can your theories be on examining a persons personal characteristics based on a physical aspect which is easily changed...

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Sorry for the delay, rickymouse. I read your other post, I had no idea how complex the skin and elastins and stuff you listed are.

Can their pattern be used somehow as a trait indicator is my question.

I notice politicians have more wrinkles and we know they worry a lot. I always thought that it was the case that wrinkles are a sign of stress.

I know cigarette smokers get what they call "crows feet" that extend back from the eyes. I smoked my whole life except for a year and I was surprised that at the end of that year my crows feet had vanished. I have heard the term "worry lines" enough to know that that a lot of people seem to think that is the case.

So I googled it...

disturbing before and after mug photos

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeLeu
My wife says that mine are circumcision scars

She's probably right though

Lol
... I get it

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I know this is old and got onto it late, but this is something I've wondered for quite a long time, myself. Watching Stargate Atlantis and seeing T'ilk(?) and his people with their insignias furthered the curiosity. In that context, the makings (or patterns) indicated the "System Lord" that a particular group of beings in a certain star system were governed/ruled by...worshipped? or something to that effect.

I've read somewhere a while back while trying to dig up info on this- is that lateral, wavy lines are a nod to intelligence, and the more of them there are, the deeper the level of capacity for understanding with things of a spiritual, metaphysical, conceptual and abstract nature. This is really something I have been checking into for a while. When the TV is on and someone is talking, the forehead is much more often than not where my attention focused. Like the OP said, some lines go straight across, and this differs in the observation that some people just have one deep line, some have just two, some three, some four or five. Sometimes the lines are very short, centering in the forehead and directly above the space between the eyebrows.

The "puffiness" mentioned is of noticeable variation, as well. Some people have either one significant or slight "puff" above each eye, and sometimes none at all. Others I've noticed the "puffy area almost forms a "Y" shape, coming from the top point where the nose and eyebrows meet, and curving over each eye. These puffs I've also seen much higher on the forehead, one appearing in each upper-outer quadrant of the forehead area, sort of looking like small lumps. Old phrenology studies say this is the seat of development for intuitive and rational/executive thought power...kind of like they're pockets - where either a supernatural or acquired, learned knowledge or wisdom is held/stored. I definitely want to know more...there's a connection there beyond simple epidermic moisturization/collagen content at the cellular level. I hope I added to the convo and helped you in your research in a positive way. Speaking of which, you may want to check out this full-on study found in the Cornell University Library. It takes more of a detection of emotion slant, but interesting in premise and partial correlation nonetheless. Link is below:

www.ijcaonline.org...

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

People tend to make a lot of assumptions about me based on my lack of wrinkles compared to my peers and even those younger than me. People that meet me for the first time tend to knock at least 10 years off my actual age ( which I don't actually mind
)

The first assumption being that I must be a non smoker....but I have actually smoked since around 13/14 years of age.

The second that I must have led an easy, stress free life....which couldn't be further from the truth! Compared to my peers I have had to deal with considerable more stress especially the last few years.If "worry lines" where a true representation of a person's prolonged stress level I should have a "shed load" of them...but I don't.

Another is that I must have no children ( presumably linked to their theory that I must have little stress in my life) ....I actually have 5 children and a grandson and another grandchild on the way.

Just as a side note I don't have oily skin either.

The only thing that stands out to me when I compare myself to my peers is that I hate being outdoors in hot sun and tend to lurk in the shade. But after saying this, I have always looked considerably younger so I'm not sure that avoiding sun is the significant factor.

But judging by some of the comments I am wondering if being relatively wrinkle free for my age is a good thing,or an outwards appearance of lack of some kind of depth in character or mind. I tend to not go with the latter
lol

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Logos23

You are a triumph of evolution, you have good genetics. Sorry but you are a fool if you think this is a bad thing for you, "Im so sad, Im so beautiful and pretty with perfect skin...its just not fair
" ...Own it, flaunt it, appreciate it.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

I think you misunderstood me...I was being sarcastic in my final paragraph ( I did say I didn't go with the negative statement I made)

I suppose the point I was trying to make is that people can make a lot of assumptions about you based on the way you look...and those assumptions are not always correct.

You are right, I should feel blessed...and I do. But if age catches up with me physically overnight I will embrace that too!

new topics

top topics

join