It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peru archaeologists find ancient temple

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Peru archaeologists find ancient temple

www.news.com.au

PERUVIAN archaeologists have discovered a temple believed to be about 5,000-years-old at the ancient El Paraiso archaeological site in a valley just north of Lima, the Culture Ministry says.
If the date is confirmed, it would be among the oldest sites in the world, comparable to the ancient city of Caral, a coastal city some 200km to the north.

Read more: www.news.com.au...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
What a great find. Possibly oldest city in the world discovered.

Will it line up with all the other findings recently of ancient civilisations? Will it change the timeline of mankind and bring in some new perspectives on our advancement as a culture?

Maybe not. But it is great to see these new discoveries being brought out into the light and it certainly opens up the doors for more transparency in reporting such finds.

I wonder if they will uncover alien objects or exotic metals that may assist in proving the existance of extra terestrial life.

www.news.com.au
edit on 12-2-2013 by magma because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

Possibly oldest city in the world discovered.
Not by a long shot.
en.wikipedia.org...

But remarkable, no doubt.
edit on 2/12/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

"The smoke allowed the priests to connect with the gods," said Marco Guillen, who led the team of researchers who made the find.

www.news.com.au...

Ok.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I think what he meant to say was "the priests believed the smoke would help them connect to the gods."

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
The smoke gave them special powers and they created stone temples and pyramids with results we have not been able to fully understand.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by starshift

I think that was the leaves they chewed.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Like the stuff we smoke now?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Image of the site here:
www.abc.net.au...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012

Like the stuff we smoke now?

lol that would be crack-coc aine.
coca plant grows all over peru, and the leaves have been chewed on for centuries

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I know I started it (sorry, magma) but it would be a good idea to keep this on topic.

edit on 2/12/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

You make me smile.
Go grab a coke,you deserve it.

The thread.........

What I fine interesting is around maybe a few hundred to a few thousand years of each other,cities started popping up.

Nothing to do with aliens,but a global change in climate.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by magma

What a great find. Possibly oldest city in the world discovered.

Will it line up with all the other findings recently of ancient civilisations? Will it change the timeline of mankind and bring in some new perspectives on our advancement as a culture?

Maybe not. But it is great to see these new discoveries being brought out into the light and it certainly opens up the doors for more transparency in reporting such finds.

I wonder if they will uncover alien objects or exotic metals that may assist in proving the existance of extra terestrial life.

www.news.com.au
edit on 12-2-2013 by magma because: (no reason given)

In regards to ancient theories, I'm leaning towards an idea that a higher civilization has lived here before and experienced an impact from a comet around 13,000 years ago which created a lot of devastation and flooding.

Melted glass buried deep within the Earth at sites around the world confirms the theory that a comet or meteor struck the planet nearly 13,000 years ago, triggering the Younger Dryas Ice Age, killing off the mammoths and other megafauna in North America, and perhaps even causing the disappearance of the Clovis culture of early Native Americans. The cause of the Younger Dryas cooling period has been very controversial. Some researchers have proposed an extraterrestrial impact and have produced evidence of the event, but others claim that the results have not been replicated. The new findings, reported this week in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, appear to provide that needed replication.

meteor impact

comet

Perhaps survivors of that event had knowledge in regards to stone work and various beliefs and technologies. It seems a lot of effort to build things like pyramids unless you had a greater purpose for it.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

It seems a lot of effort to build things like pyramids unless you had a greater purpose for it.

or the Buildings were designed to last a few thousand years. Maybe they just built them to last....

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Image of the site here:
www.abc.net.au...

I was expecting it to look a whole lot different than that.

Must have been "discovered" a while ago...

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

I think the "discovery" is of the hearth, which would allow carbon dating of the site.
The stepped construction is interesting. I wonder if it was a progressive construction.

edit on 2/13/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Can't forget Jericho, too.
en.wikipedia.org...

Still, a very neat find. Finding Caral was amazing and good to see they are finding more. Good stuff!

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

To me it looks like they have put it all back together. It looks way to fresh and not typical of a weathered ancient structure. Or at least portions of it. The center walls look original. Must have been covered in silt and dirt for a long period.to me it looks like they have been working on this site for years

Yet I am no expert.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

I would agree. If that really is the site. I'm sure it has been reconstructed to some extent.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

By potentially finding the hearth that could also reveal what it was used for. I believe this region and period was known for human sacrifice.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join