It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food prices to rise ( double)within months!!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MaMaa

I just place mine on paper towels and keep them on the counter under a grow light and in about 4 days I put the full grown sprouts in the fridge where they keep for many weeks as fresh as the day I put them in. Really simple and thats how I operate

I do place them on a plastic try with lid until they sprout.

They are thicker and much tastier too for some odd reason compared to the store bought, well no comparison.

I am going to try and get some pictures up tonight of my grow area on a new thread down in BTS. I took pictures yesterday but they came out huge, so I will have my go-to-teck guy, my middle son put them up for me with size corrections.

Have 19 new chicks one week old right now too, they are so cute! My hens have always laid all year long but I am really worried about their feed, it is from MFA and that we know is GMO now solely. Planning to go to the Amish or Mennonites to ask for some non GMO. Feed and just trade, barter or buy it from them in bulk for the whole year.

Also ordered 2000 red wigglers to make my worm castings... Am into compost tea, stuff like that keeps me busy. Am considering doing a video of how to keep it simple but get it done and bypass the grocery store. I am disabled, overweight and have to budget like crazy, so yeah, it will be enlightening.

I have made more mistakes than had successes over the years so i can certainly tell people what not to do...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

He also owns Burger King by the way.

Generaly speaking a consolidation of food manufacturing means the consumer is getting screwed by a monopoly.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuttle

He also owns Burger King by the way.

Generaly speaking a consolidation of food manufacturing means the consumer is getting screwed by a monopoly.

I wouldn't consider Warren Buffet as a bad guy myself. I know of a lot worse than he is. Anyway, maybe he will make the food more healthy. He doesn't want people to collect on the insurance he sold them
That would be a conflict of interest
Although he could be creating a need for everyone having insurance.
edit on 14-2-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

We are not outpacing our ability to produce. There are pleanty of unused acers all over the world that are suitable for growing food or raising livestock. The supply is controlled, the ability to produce enough food is there. Even if land was sparce we have overcome that with modern greenhouse technology.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Buy local, you support your neighbors that way and won't pay additional transportation costs.

I encourage everyone to look into aquaponics; it's the 'new new' thing and Youtube and Google are full of information on how to do it; no need to take a course but likely as not your local county has information and assistance available for the asking.

It uses 5% of the water of traditional gardens and can be done on any land at all; even a parking lot. Basically, you stock a tank with fish either for harvesting themselves, or koi or goldfish, and then run the nutrient-full fish water through tanks that you float rafts in; the rafts have holes in them in which you put the plants; watery plants like lettuces, etc, work very well this way; alternatively you can pump the fish water through gravel beds and grow more substantial plants like tomatoes, even bananas or fruit trees depending on your growing season. Add a hoop covering and you extend your season by a month on either side and in half the US, you can probably grow at least lettuces all year round. As you harvest the full grown plants, you sow new seedlings and thus have a continuous supply. The work for a family would be perhaps a half hour a day (and educational for children) and if you have the room it can be upgraded to a commercial operation that can support a family. By 'the room' I'm talking a quarter or half acre...

If you want to get into vermiculture on top of it, you can feed the worms to both the fish and chickens and save on their feed, also. Once you've set the system up, your only cost is a bit of electricity to run pumps. Obviously, you need sunlight but most people have at least some of that

Also, for anyone gardening, you can buy non-GMO heirloom seeds from some companies by the 1/4 or 1/2 lb for very little money. You don't have to buy those tiny seed packages for exorbitant prices and of course, save your own seeds. Check out the website 'Seedstock.com' for lots of startup information, heavy on aquaponics and urban gardening, where you take advantage of selling right to the end buyer which enables you to sell at greater than wholesale prices but lower then retail - win-win.

Edited to add: No hoeing, bending, weeding or soil needed
Have I convinced you yet?
edit on 14-2-2013 by signalfire because: as above.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I agree with signalfire; when it was said to buy from your local farming neighbours and ive taken notice when im doing my grocery shopping the prices of meat went up i was a bit shocked i didnt expect to see an increase in food when ive already been paying so much for food to begin with, i was telling someone that im going to start buying from the local farmers market instead of buying fresh vegetables from the grocery stores

Good post

Have a Beautiful day Smiling♥

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
According to the Labor Department, consumer prices increased 1.8 percent in the first 11 months of 2012. That may not look like a lot, but inflation adds up. Here are a few things you are paying more for now than you did this past year, regardless of stubbornly high unemployment and stagnant earnings.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
And yet they didn't double.

Just another garbage conspiracy.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by samkent

Let's hope it stays that way BUT with the amount of poor even disasterous weather and heavy flooding, it might be an interesting harvest this year. Let's wait and see.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Pick one year without.
Flooding
Devastating weather
Wildfires

And yet the world goes on . . . . . .

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by samkent

These things HAVE always happened, you are right. But, we have bad weather and extremes in summer and winter temperatures and these things particularly affecting crop growing areas at present. We in the UK have had virtually an 8 month winter this year. We were still wearing hats and gloves in the beginning of June which is unusual and the crops are late. Should autumn turn up early.........

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by samkent
And yet they didn't double.

Just another garbage conspiracy.

My grocery bill seems to go up on a monthly basis, so I really don't care if it didn't double it is still going up and up.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
This should be expected.... this isn't conspiracy or anything.. it's merely the fact that demand is outpacing what we can produce.. and this has been predicted for YEARS .... ... until people start cutting down on their fast food, pizzas and the like, and start consuming just what they need... we're in trouble... otherwise we have to look at the world as a singular food source and divide it evenly ... that's not likely in a corporate world... so expect prices to skyrocket

And the fact that the 'too big to fail' banks, like Goldman Sachs for example, who not only bankrupted the entire world, but have been busy buying up crops and cereals and storing/hoarding/stockpiling them in huge crop mountains, has nothing to do with inflating the prices of food crops?

Because that's exactly what they've been doing. Basic supply and demand.

We've seen it with oil. Pump more oil, price goes down, pump less oil prices go up...the prices we pay for our electricity, our gas, our goods derived from oil all go up too...because they artificially create a lack of supply.

The same thing is now being done to our food supply...create a supply demand, prices go up. Create a lack of food, the door opens for monsters like Monsanto to step in and 'save the starving world'...how convenient that we're having such a shortfall in crop production right at the opportune time in history where we have genetically modified, gene spliced crap being forced upon us all, and the banks that are in bed with these monsters are buying up all the spare crops and just storing it..while crying that it's the bad weather (that they probably 'modified too') that's causing the lack of supply...very convenient.

I don't wear it for a minute.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

According to a report in climate depot, coffee output is so large in Brazil they are complaining they have run out of space to store it! Yet some 'scientists' were saying that CO2 would make coffee extinct!

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikestaff

According to a report in climate depot, coffee output is so large in Brazil they are complaining they have run out of space to store it! Yet some 'scientists' were saying that CO2 would make coffee extinct!

Coffee trees arn't going to go extinct, maybe they won't be able to grow there, but they will grow up here if global warming happens. The UP probably consumes more coffee per capita than most other places in the country. I believe if everyone started growing coffee when this happens, there wouldn't be any excess to export out of the UP.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Global Warning is a bunch of baloney, we look to be entering a period of global cooling.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

I am positive that Global warming is not Baloney. Baloney is something you put on sandwiches.

edit on 13-7-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
The planet appears to be warming and becoming seismically and volcanically more active but the atmosphere is cooling as the so called greenhouse gases are blocking the sun's heat.
The only real lie is that humans are responsible for it. Many geographers know that the earth shows sea level has changed many many times in history without human intervention and ice ages have come and gone without anyone turning on a light or driving a car. That is the only deception, but without it you could not be taxed to hell and back.
As with many things, a little truth is interspersed with lies in order to confuse the mostly illiterate masses.
Makes no difference in the long run. The planet gotta do what the planet gotta do!

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join