It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food prices to rise ( double)within months!!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Lots of posters making light of a very serious situation whether or not the OP was simply repeating a snippet heard on msm. Food prices have doubled in the time I have been buying food for my household and sticking to a budget. The ground turkey I buy has doubled in price and has lost 50% of its weight, so yeah, I have seen many products rise and the quantity decline.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
In my country food prices have been ridiculously high for a long time.We dont eat red meat more than once a week now,but then we never did eat a lot of it-i think if everyone did that,it would go a long way to improving overall health-and make balancing the household food budgets easier.In my country eating lots of red meat has always been a way of life,but i do think a lot of folks had to start cutting down on that,either for financial or health reasons.Here's what ive observed about a local guy who's known for eating practically only red meat,this guy wont Touch veggies,fish,etc-and he is almost always at death's door.Florid complexion,neverending battle with high blood pressure,fainting spells,eye+vision problems,on tons of medication,always sickly and ailing.Because he will try anything to improve his health-Except stop living almost exclusively on red meat.We eat pasta with homemade sauces,homemade macaroniCheese,potato bakes,veggies and chicken,and then once a week redmeat.Fish is expensive here,otherwise we'd have that three times a week,as a result of high prices,we had to limit that to once a week also.Well,i also advise growing your own veg garden-AND POTATOES ARE A GODSEND! There's a lot of delicious meals to be made from the humble potato,remember that,and its still affordable,even here.If you can,keep poultry for freerange eggs+meat.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I went to great lengths to report this here in January and listed the reasons and who is to blame, here is the thread here

.www.abovetopsecret.com...

The thread is called "Its Game Over"

Because it is game over as the banks now not only control our money but control our food and our governments refuse to act to protect us.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

Nobody wants to hear the truth.
It's simply easier to call people like you a fearmongerer.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by XalienagendaX
The fearmongering never stops...this is bullsnip. If you search ATS, you will find dozens of threads spanning the past six years with predictions of doubling food prices supposedly to happen "in the coming months". HAS it happened? NO. Will it happen? NO.

I swear to god if someone tells me to "do my research", I'll flip the hell out. I've done my research. Time for you to be real, and do yours...by looking at all of the FAILED food price increase predictions...then come at me.

Stop with this fearmongering BS already.
edit on 12-2-2013 by XalienagendaX because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-2-2013 by XalienagendaX because: (no reason given)

Mate dont know what country you are in but if you are in the Uk I will give you examples where food is up by 78% in the last six months, I will check my online shopping lists and show you the prices I paid in 2012 and now.

They dont just put all the prices up at once. take olives, I paid 64p in 2012 the same olives are now £1.08. a 50 box of crisps were £3 now the same crisps are £5.50. Ikg of olive spread was £2 now £2,50. Teabags were £3 for 240 now the same teabags vary from £5 to £7 depending wher you shop, " lts of fanta, Irn Bru Pepsi was 69p at various stores now its 2 bottles for £3.50 or £1.87 each.

These are just a few examples. off the top of my head., sugar was 64p and now between 99p and £108 a bag.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by foodstamp

Apparently, a lot of the price of our gas, isn't actually the price of gas, but rather the taxes upon it, Connecticut actually charges tax twice on each gallon of gas, one to the supplier and one to the consumer, with those lowered and capped, the price will go down.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Chemtrails, kind of like crop dusting, only we're the crop !

Yum

Soylent Green

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

Afternoon!
I'm also in the UK and do not believe the 2.5% inflation figure for one moment.
A 56 Lb sack of potatoes last year cost us £7.50 a time and now it is £12.
Cheese and butter is up a lot. Last summer, butter was about 90p to £1.10 a packet and now it is from £1.20 to £1.60 a packet.
These products, remain good value health wise, but vegetables of all sorts are soaring in price. We used to pick up veg very cheaply at Aldi, and though it remains 'cheap' in comparison to the larger super markets it has still rise, in some case up to 50%.
I do not see this thread as fear mongering at all.
With a household where one adult supports another 5 adults with no job and one with a part time job, we are surviving but only just!

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Time to take 2 or 3 hundred dollars to Sam's Club and buy balk of rice, beans and canned foods. Time to stalk up to 6 months to a year's supply. Until, I can get a garden going for the Spring/summer. I just need to make sure to get the reproducing seeds.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Globalist policies (Agenda 21, Codex Alimentarius, Carbon Taxation, etc) as endorsed by Obama himself "(under my plan) ------------ prices will necessarily skyrocket". Fill in the blank....in the original quote he was talking about energy prices where high prices will ration demand and manipulate buying behavior but can also be attributed to policies to reduce vitamin supplement and meat consumption as well.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by skorpius

Here in the US has anybody addressed the relationship between ethanol mandates and grain shortage made worse by drought.

Seems a direct corralation to feed grain pricing and cut meat cost to me when millions of tons of grain are made into ethanol.

Is this another case of "and the price of _______ will neccesarily rise" by our esteemed leaders social engineering tendencies.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Of course the Drought of 2012 persists in the Midwest...to what extent that it has been helped along is unknown but the dryness in the grain growing regions portends higher grain prices which along with higher energy prices will affect the prices of all foodstuffs. For them to double in the next few months, however, also implies a dramatic decline in the value of the US Dollar.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
reply to post by skorpius

Here in the US has anybody addressed the relationship between ethanol mandates and grain shortage made worse by drought.

Seems a direct corralation to feed grain pricing and cut meat cost to me when millions of tons of grain are made into ethanol.

Is this another case of "and the price of _______ will neccesarily rise" by our esteemed leaders social engineering tendencies.

minnesota.publicradio.org...

Quite a few plants have shut down, I always thought karma would bite us in the butt when we decided it was a good idea to use food for fuel, while people go hungry.

I don't know how much more I can cut cost of groceries, I should not even spend my money on this internet but I still have one kid in college.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I don't know what commenter said 'fearmongering'..but I have to say they must be living in lalaland. I have seen with my own eyes the prices slowly rising in the past year. I was just thinking that I wished I had kept the receipts to prove it. Beef is almost too pricey to purchase..lamb is outrageous, pork is getting up there and chicken..it's still affordable but going up as well.

I was just at Sams Club (like Costco) on Monday night..I usually purchase the family size chicken thighs that are around 5 - 6 dollars. Monday night they were 7.54..

Beef Shoulder roast (i don't know the exact wt. - maybe like 3lbs) at Kroger's are 24 bucks..I thought they priced it wrong..so I dug through the other packets and the cheapest was 19 bucks! Pork Ribs are like 17 bucks at Kroger..It's all getting unaffordable.

We aren't hunters so I don't know what we will do if prices rise anymore..right now my freezer has two ziplock baggies of chicken thighs and 2 pcs of talapia fish..I usually have the freezer jam packed full. We just can't do it..

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elliot
reply to post by pavmas

Afternoon!
I'm also in the UK and do not believe the 2.5% inflation figure for one moment.
A 56 Lb sack of potatoes last year cost us £7.50 a time and now it is £12.
Cheese and butter is up a lot. Last summer, butter was about 90p to £1.10 a packet and now it is from £1.20 to £1.60 a packet.
These products, remain good value health wise, but vegetables of all sorts are soaring in price. We used to pick up veg very cheaply at Aldi, and though it remains 'cheap' in comparison to the larger super markets it has still rise, in some case up to 50%.
I do not see this thread as fear mongering at all.
With a household where one adult supports another 5 adults with no job and one with a part time job, we are surviving but only just!

Yip potatoes in 2,5kg bags went up 100% at tescos and sainsburys the first week after New year and they are crap small potatoes. Daz soapowder was £7 for the 50 washes and is now £10 and £9,50 depending where you shop, stores are making record profits, and with gas and electricity up 9% again and wages by 1 to 2 % its a joke.

In the uk we used to have a prices and incomes board, where if wages increased by only 2% then prices could only rise by 2%, the tories did away with it.

Supermarkets has loss leaders, the present loss leaders are milk and bananas, bananas were 98p per kg last year they are now 68p per kg in all stores.

The reason for loss leaders is that inflation is ased on an average basket of groceries, they keep these prices low and the government say inflation at 2.5% and all other product rise by 78%,

They think we are mugs and we are because we allow it.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100
I don't know what commenter said 'fearmongering'..but I have to say they must be living in lalaland. I have seen with my own eyes the prices slowly rising in the past year. I was just thinking that I wished I had kept the receipts to prove it. Beef is almost too pricey to purchase..lamb is outrageous, pork is getting up there and chicken..it's still affordable but going up as well.

I was just at Sams Club (like Costco) on Monday night..I usually purchase the family size chicken thighs that are around 5 - 6 dollars. Monday night they were 7.54..

Beef Shoulder roast (i don't know the exact wt. - maybe like 3lbs) at Kroger's are 24 bucks..I thought they priced it wrong..so I dug through the other packets and the cheapest was 19 bucks! Pork Ribs are like 17 bucks at Kroger..It's all getting unaffordable.

We aren't hunters so I don't know what we will do if prices rise anymore..right now my freezer has two ziplock baggies of chicken thighs and 2 pcs of talapia fish..I usually have the freezer jam packed full. We just can't do it..

I have all the receipts mate I shop online and I know the difference, Im going to go through them one day.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I also want to point out that in stores, their own brand were cheap and the well known named brands dearer.

But now the stores own brands are the price that the well know brands were and dearer.

For example a four pack of Heniz Baked Beans were 99p in most stores the price rose and rose and they vary between £3.68 and £2.98 whilst the own brand 4 pk beans are £2.

We just dont buy them any more.

what this means is that people are forced to buy the stores own brand and manufacturers of other brands are either closing down or moving to another country where labour is cheaper.

Cadburys are gone from the UK after 100 years HP is gone after 100 years

They refuse to allow us to build on land over 94% of the Uk is countryside and we are all crambed into towns with small or no garden, we are no better off than battery hens.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
the wealthy want more income. they raise prices and pay lower wages. people get desperate and take any job, just so they can eat. this keeps a steady inflow of people that do not ask for a raise, because they are glad they have a job in the first place.
when people are fearful about losing their jobs, they work longer and harder and don't have the desire, or time needed, to engage in civil government. thus, they lose politcal power, as the wealthy gain more.
if the people reach the point of revolution, the wealthy simply move their wealth to another country, and continue to make money off of the revolution itself, and the rebuilding effort afterward.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

so basically we are damned if we do damned if we don't...what are we to do? I plan on putting in a garden again this year..last year really sucked in the midwest because of the drought. We barely got anything out of it. I'm not especially great at gardening either. I guess Im going to have to be a quick study though--we can't continue to have a 200-300 grocery bill each payday.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus

Originally posted by nomnom
I went to Kroger a few days ago and the lowest price steak was $8.99 a lb. I saw it going up over $28 a lb for some cuts. That seems at least 50% higher than I recall maybe 60 days ago.

Something wicked this way comes.

It looks like ranchers aren`t going to be selling many cows this year, not when prices are that high.

Not saying your blaming the rancher but Just following up on your statement. My family ranches, we have 120 head at the moment and will grow it to 250 head before we start selling. Its only because we are new to the market and just started 1-1/2 years ago.

With that said, Feed Prices have TRIPLED!!!!!!! Yes TRIPLED!!! Ill be the first to tell you, family ranchers are not rich people so it’s a hard hit to take. All these price increase will hit the market hard.

The tripling in price happened last summer. Many ranchers could not afford it so they sent the cattle to be slaughtered. Last summer there was a HUGE influx of cattle being slaughtered and it flooded the market with meat. That surplus of meat is now dwindling and we now have a live cattle shortage because of last year.

If the droughts continue, be read for higher beef prices. My dad and I talked about 3 years, we believe that cattle ranchers will be “rich” people of the future. Just like they were in the Wild West

edit on 13-2-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join