It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food prices to rise ( double)within months!!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Food prices to rise ( double)within months!!!!

NBC nightly news on feb 12 2013 .
Brought this to my attention, kinda scary!
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I was lying in bed and over heard that the gov. Just released a report.
Stating that within the next three months food prices would be rising to an outragious price!!!!

Are you ready! Cuz here it comes!!....?
Not to mention, all the gas hikes, and the instability n the korea's !!
Looks like spring is gunna be quite interesting!? No?

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
What link?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
links are broken.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
shoplifting never seemed so good eh sportsfans

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Warned people at least a year ago this was going to happen.

(and just wait if the drought continues this summer)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 2012nwaiting

Gee. Gas prices couldn't be to blame could they?
Link or not, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the connection.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Carry on 2012nwaiting,it's not gonna happen :@@
edit on 12-2-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I went to Kroger a few days ago and the lowest price steak was $8.99 a lb. I saw it going up over $28 a lb for some cuts. That seems at least 50% higher than I recall maybe 60 days ago.

Something wicked this way comes.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Yes, food prices are still rising. Just google "global food crisis" for more information.

And oh yeah, figure out how and where to grow a garden. You're gonna need it.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
This should be expected.... this isn't conspiracy or anything.. it's merely the fact that demand is outpacing what we can produce.. and this has been predicted for YEARS .... ... until people start cutting down on their fast food, pizzas and the like, and start consuming just what they need... we're in trouble... otherwise we have to look at the world as a singular food source and divide it evenly ... that's not likely in a corporate world... so expect prices to skyrocket

link   

Originally posted by nomnom
I went to Kroger a few days ago and the lowest price steak was $8.99 a lb. I saw it going up over $28 a lb for some cuts. That seems at least 50% higher than I recall maybe 60 days ago.

that would be donkey or horse in the uk

link   

It looks like ranchers aren`t going to be selling many cows this year, not when prices are that high.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

And now we find people replacing beef with horses... the fact is our population's demand is outpacing supply ... fast food suddenly is becoming a bad idea ( as it always should have been )

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Cargill is closing plants down because retail prices are so high for cattle. They don't want to have to ship them in from where they can get them cheaper, and they can't get them for decent prices locally, so they're at least temporarily shutting plants down until prices come down.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Everyone should plant a garden this year even if it is only a tomato plant in a pot on the balcony.
Grocery trip today 3 lbs ground beef lean 15.78
Gallon Milk 4.04
Loaf of generic bread 1.00 (on sale) usual brand Sara Lee 2.98
1lb deli meat Turkey 7.88
Miracle whip 4.98
Cereal 3.99

This was food for less-
Add that to the continuing drought in the midwest, yes prices will continue to climb.
Plant a garden, learn to can. I am looking to move so I can keep my own chickens for eggs.Buy when items are on sale and stock up.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

And now we find people replacing beef with horses... the fact is our population's demand is outpacing supply ... fast food suddenly is becoming a bad idea ( as it always should have been )
the us of a slaughtered 188.000 horses for food ? or exported them for the same purpose last year SUPER romanians ?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
One of the things so stupid about this is..
Understanding that drought puts a huge kink in all growth..
there are thousands of farmers that are paid to NOT use their property
for produce....
So.. a manufactured problem?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I think people simply need to realize that they don't need to eat meat everyday.
I eat meat about once a week and fish twice a week. The rest of the days are filled with pasta, vegetables, oatmeal, nuts, and other things that are filling and not as expensive.
If the government is going to bleed us dry, we just have to stop eating things that bleed as much as we'd like to.

The hard part is trying not to throw up after watching the Obama's stuff their faces with lobster.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

You have supplied NO link, and I've not been able to corroborate your claim based on a google search of any such story cast lately.

If you're going to post a thread (especially one based with an alarming title) you need to back up what you say with SOURCES.

FWIW, I do think food prices are going to skyrocket. But double in a few months? C'mon. Not unless the dollar collapses outright.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join