posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:06 PM
Well, I installed all the SP3 updates etc. and so on, but I still had no success.
One of the things that was always curious to me was related to the fact that when I tried to connect to the desired SSID, I was always being displayed
an old password, despite having changed to the new one repeatedly in the configuration dialogue box.
Long story short,
I went to the router's configuration page and found that the wireless mode was set to 802.11n only!!!
, which has the
effect of cutting out "legacy" devices, like mine
. I reset the mode to a more inclusive setting (b and g, included) and presto!!!
I'm connected. Thanks to all for your input.
I'm not sure that this was the new netadmin's fault. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt but it does harken back to what Ex_CT2
said about talking to the young'uns.
Props also to Klassified
who scented 802.11 trouble.
edit on 13-2-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)
edit on 13-2-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason