It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dorner possibly killed when police set fire to cabin

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Dorner possibly killed when police set fire to cabin

www.youtube.com

Published on Feb 12, 2013
[Updated at 7:33 p.m. ET] More details on authorities' current assault on the cabin: Fire, as well as smoke from devices that the officers detonated, have engulfed the structure, according to authorities familiar with the operation. Ammunition is exploding inside, the sources said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Story just breaking now. Not much more to say as the story is still unfolding. I first heard this 10 minutes ago on patriot radio with the commentator saying that the helicopters have been allowed back in and the police where pulling out. This sounds like either:

1. They got their man.
2. They bunt down an empty cabin and he is still at large.
3. The story came to its pre-planned end with of course all evidence destroyed in a convenient fire.

I'll let the ATS crowd chime in on these options, but as assault weapons were not mentioned and drones were, it seams like the next chapter of the agenda has been opened.

I hope we gain more details on this comment " The warden got out of his vehicle and fired at the suspect ".
Who is the warden, what were the circumstances, how close was he when he ID'd the suspect and then began to shoot, how far was the cabin from the location of the shooting?

Here is the timeline and updates from the YT OP:

Published on Feb 12, 2013
[Updated at 7:33 p.m. ET] More details on authorities' current assault on the cabin: Fire, as well as smoke from devices that the officers detonated, have engulfed the structure, according to authorities familiar with the operation. Ammunition is exploding inside, the sources said.

[Updated at 7:30 p.m. ET] One of two sheriff's deputies shot Tuesday by a man suspected to be Dorner has died, San Bernardino County Sheriff John McMahon told reporters at California's Loma Linda University Medical Center.

[Updated at 7:26 p.m. ET] The cabin appears to be on fire. Authorities began an assault on the structure minutes ago.

Authorities have penetrated the structure and were bringing equipment to tear openings into the cabin, a source familiar with the operation said.

[Updated at 7:22 p.m. ET] Black smoke is rising high in the air from the cabin area, video from CNN affiliate KABC shows. The video appeared to be taken from a distance; authorities had asked news helicopters to keep well away.

[Updated at 7:20 p.m. ET] Authorities have launched tear gas at the cabin, and a tactical operation is under way, Former FBI Assistant Director Tom Fuentes tells CNN.

[Updated at 7:18 p.m. ET] A California Department of Fish and Wildlife spokesman says he believes one of his agency's game wardens was the first law enforcement official to confront the suspect in the stolen vehicle, and exchanged gunfire with him.

The game warden was on patrol and saw the vehicle approaching in the Big Bear area, the spokesman said. The warden got out of his vehicle and fired at the suspect, the spokesman said. It's not clear from the spokesman's interview that the suspect left his vehicle at that point.

The San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department says the suspect left the stolen vehicle Tuesday afternoon as authorities confronted him, ran into a forest and eventually entered a cabin, where a shootout happened.

[Updated at 7:08 p.m. ET] A little more on the geography: The area where the suspect got out of the vehicle and fled into the San Bernardino National Forest (and then into a cabin) is about 5 miles southwest, as the bird flies, of the spot where the vehicle was reported stolen near Big Bear Lake. But the most direct route between the two locations is about 27-mile drive between the two locations, around Sugarloaf Mountain.

[Updated at 6:46 p.m. ET] One of the two law enforcement officers hurt in today's shootout has died, CNN affiliates and the Los Angeles Times have reported. The Times cited law enforcement sources.

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 12-2-2013 by oldmeatwad because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-2-2013 by oldmeatwad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
What a Super Hero...when`s the movie out?

shouldnt of killed kids though...

and its funny to watch corrupt police pooping their pants
wont happen next time will it TPTB....

dont push an alpha male, and force his hand....he WILL play it...especially when hes got nothing to lose

god bless the dead
peace

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
All happening just in time for the SOTU. What a coincidence. What did Freud say about coincidences?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I believe it.

It makes me think of Waco.

Oh yeah...CNN cut the live feed before the fire.
Source

Here we go again

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by oldmeatwad

Little late to the game.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It has been going on at least 4 hours or more.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Local live coverage has been on all afternoon.
abclocal.go.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Are we sure they burned down the right cabin? Cabins tend to look alike.
Just sayin'.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamesTheScribe
I believe it.

It makes me think of Waco.

Oh yeah...CNN cut the live feed before the fire.
Source

Here we go again

They also ordered all aerial photographing stopped.

What sounds like BS is the idea that the two women he tied up were somehow able to "get loose". This guy was special ops and he can't tie two women up well enough to hold them?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

Little late to the game.

It has been going on at least 4 hours or more.

JEEZ - WTH is wrong with the dam search!! I searched for Dorner and fire and the likes. Sorry ATS ;(

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
the cabins occupants are probably two blonde girls

are police allowed to do this?....seems like an army move...an army in a FOREIGN COUNTRY move!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

I wonder what the weather is in this area right now.
I sure hope it's not dry and now there's going to be a raging forest fire.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
ABC7.com live feed (I know MSM!) but, at least You can see what the weather is like.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Waco part 2.

Are they destroying evidence? Remember they censored the video this just like the video of adam lanza and the aurora killer.

They don't want people seeing something there.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

Exactly!
From the ABC link:

The Big Bear-area cabin where a suspect believed to be Chris Dorner was barricaded suddenly erupted in flames. It was unclear how the blaze started.

Unsure how the fire started? I guess they're going to blame it on Dorner if it gets out of control.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

We just had 'winter weather' pass through two days ago and there were some showers and snow at higher elevations though it doesn't look like much snow stuck where this is going down. It's expected to drop into the 'teens' F at Big Bear Lake with humidity around 50% and no chance of rain for at least the next few days.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
You are way late..

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

What a waco plan...err whacko.
Same old folks, and you all ate it up!
Why did the police NEED to burn this man rather than wait him out?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

Thanks for the update on the weather.
I can't tell you how many "controlled" burns are started in Florida that end up getting out of hand.

I find it strange how news sources are reporting that the police started the blaze, then the ABC7 link says they're unsure how the fire started.
I can't believe this unless they get in there and Dorner's body is nowhere to be found. Then, I'd have to assume he started it as a distraction to escape. I wonder who fired the first gun shot they're reporting?

If Dorner is killed in the blaze, so much for preserving his brain like he requested.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Watch the idiot box tell the public that he started the fire.

They set the fire just like waco. To smoke him out.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join