It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's time to destroy North Korea...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by elpistolero1
dude... really?? a little country with few A bombs are a threat to a nation that has more than 5113 warheads? ...

stop the nonsense....

My thought's exactly.Now a much easier way to alay the OP's fear would prehaps be, just drone his house with him it? What goe's around come's around.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

You are proposing that youtube propaganda videos be taken as serious evidence of nation states future intentions.

We should initiate wars on the basis of such?

All a bit silly dont you think.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
Considering the recent comments and actions coming out of North Korea, I would consider them a serious threat. I am an Isolationalist... I detest war, and I am against military action in Iran. I am an advocate for bringing all of our troops home from the 170+ nations that we currently occupy. I am against American Imperialism and nation building... I detest Neo-Cons, and yet here I am calling for the destruction of North Korea through military force. Am I alone on this? What say you Americans of ATS (and other nations too)

edit: I am only in favor of this as long as it is swift, hard and ends the threat. I don't want occupation. I don't want to build schools. This action MUST be Constitutionally declared by Congress IAW Art 1, Sec 8 of the Constitution. I don't want to teach them about Jesus. I want to be in and out. I also think that the starving and oppressed people of NK would support us for the most part
edit on 12-2-2013 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

So you say you are an isolationist? Wouldn't that make you empathize with the DPRK even more? They are the ultimate isolationists.

In North Korean schools, they are taught to fear the "western imperials" because of our history of colonization. All you have to do is look at the aftermath of the industrial revolution in Africa to see why they may not be too far off. The problem is they are totally extreme about it. Is that good or bad? All I know is that their independence exists because of their crazy isolationist policies.

If we destroyed them for arming themselves, it would only prove they were actually right all along. I'm sure Iran can sympathize.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

some times people let there true thoughts, actions, become known to the rest by intentions, thought by the rest to be nothing but silliness, thus i give you the DPRK, we should take it as a real threat and warning. They just might make to first strike on Sole South Korea or Japan they might even target Hawaii, this would cripple the US pacific Fleet, then they could roll through the 38th in force, with close to 10mil armed troops, there is little we or the south could be to stop them from rolling over the 38th with out the use of nukes, ask your self this, put your self in Uns palce , would you risk all out nuke war, for the belief of making Korea a one flag nation? How strong of a conviction do you have to make it so.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWetCoast

Coast you are really on to something imo, I think that most americans are seriously fed up, even those that supported Obama for their misguided reasons are beginning to feel the crush of the government. Toss in several random mass shootings, ex cops on the rampage, our inept and over reaching government. Something is in the air, I feel the rest of the world is watching our once great nation begin to unravel and we will be challenged not only from the outside but we will be challenged domesticly which is about time we got a positive change.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
The problem is that North Korea has spent years fortifying the border North of the DMZ. They have caves containing heavy artillery in the high ground North of Seoul. In the event of war the capital of South Korea could be gutted on the first day, unless you literally backhoe the area with bombs, napalm and everything bar the kitchen sink. So - South Korea, whose co-operation is essential for any attack, will say "hell no!" to any attack plans.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
China is behind it all. China is moving a ton of military to the coast for what looks like an invasion of Taiwan although most are thinking they are going to strike Japan. They are not that dumb to try Japan yet because they know the U.S. would immediately respond with nuclear weapons and kill their invasion force dead in its tracks. Let alone Japan outclasses them in Naval and air power.

Everyone needs to read Kathleen Keatings books Torn Sky and Torn Sky Project Jerusalem. She nails all today's events to a Tee, From the Pope to NK, Obama and China. She wrote these books many years ago. The other thing to happen next is suicide or terrorist bombings inside the U.S. on a massive scale to strike fear into the population. She is expecting malls and such to be hit. This is when the U.S. is distracted and NK strikes Soul and China invades Taiwan. She also predicts the U.S. president to be taken out by assassins.

She was a very good friend of Father Malachi Martin and since she wanted to live she could not name, names of the real actors but it amazes me how right she has been to this point. She has since gone into hiding as to not bring anymore attention to herself by the evil forces who have threatened her many times.

She wrote all of this in these two books based off of the life of one reporter and his son. They are the best books I have ever read and I highly recommend them. She is a normal down to earth woman who has been given a gift, I have talked to her many times and I pray that she is still doing good with her family wherever she is.

www.amazon.com...

This is just one place to buy these gifts from God. Even if your not religious they are blockbusters and you wont be able to put the book down. I read both books in two nights each. Read the reviews and you will see I am not alone in my assessment.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod

some times people let there true thoughts, actions, become known to the rest by intentions, thought by the rest to be nothing but silliness, thus i give you the DPRK, we should take it as a real threat and warning. They just might make to first strike on Sole South Korea or Japan they might even target Hawaii, this would cripple the US pacific Fleet, then they could roll through the 38th in force, with close to 10mil armed troops, there is little we or the south could be to stop them from rolling over the 38th with out the use of nukes, ask your self this, put your self in Uns palce , would you risk all out nuke war, for the belief of making Korea a one flag nation? How strong of a conviction do you have to make it so.

NK and their starving army would not last long against ROK Marines with U.S. Marines backing them up. I have two uncles who fought in Vietnam and they both said ROK Marines are the toughest SOB's you would never want to fool with. Besides, you know our air forces would nuke the hell out of them long before they got to far.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

If it must be so, then so be it. But we aren't quite there yet. If they start the war, then they should be finished for good but until then...

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Since you justwokeup I'll understand that you think, or at least are trying to portray the "youtube" video as some sort of loyal North Korean kid's film school project. It was created by the State.

I also didn't say go to war either. But if you equate NK with other nuke powers or even Iran for that matter, you are still sleeping. Too many times the people that run my Country have cried wolf, doesn't mean wolves don't exist.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Hmmm, lets just say for a minute that North Korea want nuclear weapons as a defence against a country that has thousands and known for invading and slaughtering the people of any country that stands against said country (or has resources said country needs).

Ask the question, who is most likely to use nuclear weapons? America or North Korea...

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Please being a reporter has it's perks...

I have visited this country many times and all i see is a dictatorship that needs removing. Almost like bad acne!

The ordinary people of north korea want nothing more than peace, with the south and the west and no matter how much brainwashing and propaganda goes on national TV.

These people are starving on a communist lifestyle.

Let them determine what their future holds... Not the annihilation of country just because you don't like the threat.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Looks like the left side of your avatar is winning...
Seriously, what do any of us know about North Korea, other then what the media tells us?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
small country that needs taking care of?mean Vietnam war america thought they could walk into and it woudn,t be a problem.....that worked well didn,t it?some how i think north korea would pose a signficant problem even for the u.s to handle.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I think South Korea should be evacuated before dealing with North Korea.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
nothing to worry about north korea since russia and china even criticize them

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by FTcorrupt

inevitabre

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by UKTruth

Following your logic Canada should start working on getting a nuke.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Considering that the recent engagement in Libya was the result of the RtoP (Responsibility to Protect) UN policy, I think ti's only a matter of time before something similar is used to justify a crippling war in NK to remove the current regime from power. They're already well known for oppressing their people. Besides, I do not believe the US can afford all these wars on its own. We need a better global policy where more countries can contribute to bring the costs down. Now, if NK launches a missile at the US and sends troops into SK then we will act, but so will many other nations. I do not believe the current circumstances justify unilteral action led by the US.

Do not be surprised if nothing happens with NK and war springs from another direction. NK would be committing suicide if it invaded SK, just as it would be if it attacked us. They must have some sense of self-preservation. If they do then they'd pull back on presenting themselves as a danger and align better with China. If war ever occurs between the US and China, NK will know what to do.

There's also the possibility China will force it on NK. Do you honestly think China wants to see South Korea invading North Korea with the aid of the US so close to its borders?

It's sad that we spend trillions each year protecting ourselves from each other. Humans have a problem. We will not be doing anything quickly with this enormous tumour on our face. This is tribalism on a global scale. Oneday it will be tribalism between moons and planets and spaceships. Someday it'll be interstellar - between stars and galaxies. The limits of space&time impose on us a deep ignorance. It's this ignorance that's the source of all evil and death and emptiness and chill and blackness.
edit on 14-2-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join