It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayhem and carnage is coming

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I got tired of all the gun threads that popped up over the last couple of months. The site was drowning in them after the Sandy hook disaster.

I mostly avoided these threads , infact I avoided the site because it seemed to be overwhelmed by pro and anti gun threads.

My reason for avoiding this most recent gun debate is simply down to the fact that there is absolutely no willingness from the pro gun side to accept any change. The simple argument is that its in the constitution and the only way you will take my gun is from my cold dead hands. There is no discussion , its that simple. Fine.
Do whatever you want. I am past caring.

What motivated me this evening to post this thread was something I caught on TV this evening. There is a news programme in the UK reporting this week on the gun culture in the U.S. I am not in the UK but have access to the news programme. Its the Channel4 news programme.
I wasn't expecting to see much new. Pretty much thought I had seen it all. They had been showing all the teachers out getting weapons training because they are hoping that they will be allowed carry guns so they can protect their kids in school. whatever. I am saying nothing. Showed some folks in rough neighbourhoods that need guns to protect themselves. Nothing much new or out of the ordinary.

But then in tonights report I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I cannot get my head around it. I cannot make sense of it.

The news programme was visiting another shooting range.The gun range was having a mother and daughter night. There was girls aged 9. 10 . 11 firing off live rounds from handguns and absolutely loving it. Pro gun folk will see nothing wrong with this. Many americans may see this as normal.
I am not even interested in listening to the reasons for this. I don't care anymore. You can list out all the excuses you want. Not interested. Do not want to hear it.

The reason I am not interested is because to be putting guns into kids hands is simply INSANE.

The american society is loosing its grip on reality. They have lost the plot.

Americans are taking their children to shooting ranges to fire off live rounds.

When your society is allowing its kids to shoot off guns you got one big freaking problem.

There is no way this is gonna turn out good for the american society and that is the reason for the title of this thread. A society that puts guns in the hands of its children is going to lead to mayhem and carnage.

You can spend eternity listing excuses for teaching a nine year old how to handle a gun. Thats fine. I am just warning you that this is not going to have a good outcome.

BTW , I am not saying you cant do this. You know why? Because you don't want to listen. No one is going to tell you what to do. Right. Damn right, Fine. Good luck with that.

This story cannot possibly have a happy ending.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
and then they,ll be teaching them now to wire themselves up with semtex and c4...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

wat did you just write?

I can't understand your post.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

No, putting guns in the hands of children WHILE SUPERVISING AND TEACHING THEM GUN SAFETY makes sense.

I grew up learning to shoot. My dad is a hunter, we had guns, and he took his responsibility to teach me proper gun behavior seriously. I learned to respect guns, that every gun is always loaded, and to only point a gun at something I wanted to kill.

I can handle a firearm I just choose not to. But when my son is older, I'll teach him gun safety. Because its the responsible thing to do.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
If the right to bare arms is apart of the american constitution then it should remain. What should change is the education and the reason why people carry guns in the first place.

I haven't bothered with a single "Gun law" thread, i liken them to abortion threads. Left vs Right, No one can reach a middle ground, the debate becomes pointless.

This is my opinion. Its the only one im giving on this subject lol.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
AH Cayuse Crap!
I had access to guns, was taught to shoot, and care for them since age 5......was packing and lying behind
a squad automatic weapon(bren gun) at thirteen/fourteen....
As well as shooting 22 lr competition with full sized military weapons calibered 22lr....
My dad and Uncles shot sacks of ducks (which sometimes i had to help the dog retrieve) and thefirst time i ever shot dads shotgun i was 5 yrs old,(with him helping of course...)
The more and better familiarised everyone is with firearms, the safer everyone will be.....
Really....thats how it works believe it or not it really does......
You UKers have no idea ....

link   
I learned to shoot when I was in grade school. Mostly rifles but occasionally we'd get to shoot a handgun.

Gun safety takes the fear out of the gun itself.

Just like you need to learn safety before using power tools. The tools themselves are not dangerous if you learn how to use them properly.

link   

Your post shortened:

"I don't like the way some Americans think.
Guns are bad.
I don't care what anyone says. I am not listening."

That's a cool story.

Freedom is a strange thing to see if you don't know what it looks like.

"We have Nothing to Fear, but Fear itself."
~FDR
edit on 2/12/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

link   
I go shooting with my little 12 and 15 year old brothers all the time. Its called respect. They respect and understand the rifles and hand guns they use.

you see, they live in the wood where black bears have been taking down 350 lbs cows and sheep. Theres also Mountain lions and coyotes. When they play outside the stone walls around the house, they play while packing heat. There both around 100 to 120 lbs and these animals can take them down easy.

Guess what, there also addictied to call of duty black ops 2 (gaspppp) OMG, its only a matter of time before they go rampaging right? lol give me a brack!

And then, they dress up in army gear and we play Airsoft in the woods and WE SHOOT EACH OTHER..... O MY GOD! yeah, we literally shoot each other with plastic be bes dressed up in tactical gear for FUN! Dang crazy americans.

you blokes in jolly ol england would never understand.
edit on 12-2-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-2-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I don't understand why Europeans are so against children learning gun control.

Examine how many mass shooters came from backgrounds where they handled guns since childhood.

How many? Almost none.

This is like those people who think girls shouldn't learn martial arts because it's a) Too Butch or B) Their man will be there to protect them, right?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I have to say that the fear factory has a new tenant...you.
I was a member of a rifle club that was sponsored by my high school, and taught by a former vet/ then teacher
It taught me respect and responsibility, not mayhem and carnage.

FYI, while i respect fire arms i do not own any.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
My school had a gnu safety program and I gladly went into it. This was back when I was in 8th grade, so I would have been around 12 or so.

It was also back in the early '80s, so, of course, the environment was a little different.

To top it all off, I am an avid video game player, as well.

However, I have not once pulled a gun on someone, nor gone on a screaming rampage, nor do I have any plans to do so.

I was taught and still hold a great amount of respect for firearms, know how to handle them inf necessary, and know how to avoid the pitfalls of handling them.

All because the adults of that time and in that particular environment thought it would be a good idea to teach how to be SAFE with guns, as opposed to having some outrageous and abject fear of them.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
If you want to give up your rights, fine.

I, however, don't. Simple as that.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
The responses are as much as i expect.

When you live in a society that embraces and encourages violence I have to expect this response.

A society that is in the grip of fear and the grip of the weapons industry. Where people believe they have nothing to fear if they are armed.

It isn't muslim terrorists shooting your kids dead, it isn't north koreans, it isn't commies from china or russia, it isn't any of the bad guys in the rest of the world.

YOUR OWN PEOPLE ARE SHOOTING YOUR KIDS IN THE HEAD. STONE DEAD. SMALL CHILDREN BEING SHOT DEAD. BY YOUR OWN PEOPLE.
YOUR SOCIETY IS SICK AND DYING.

Please, don't get annoyed at me. Please just ignore me.
Who am I to speak. I am nothing, nobody. Don't mind me. I am the insane person.
Everything is normal. You still got your gun. Everything is gonna be ok once you got your gun.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to lacrimaererum

Criminals shoot people.. Criminals don't follow laws.. Make laws disarm citizens.. Who is left with guns??

I'll give you one more hint.. MEXICO.. How do Americans get all their illegal drugs in something like a 4 billion dollar trade?? How could they? They're illegal...

Just wait till Mexico starts shipping the guns in instead.. Criminals will then have even more automatic and more dangerous weapons...

You are the one with fear who wishes to control people. We are the ones without fear who want people to be free. Think about THAT.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Your post shortened:

"I don't like the way some Americans think.
Guns are bad.
I don't care what anyone says. I am not listening."

That's a cool story.

Freedom is a strange thing to see if you don't know what it looks like.

"We have Nothing to Fear, but Fear itself."
~FDR

I find that in these type of threads you usually always beat me to them and say exactly what I was going to say...

Thanks for that!!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

So you think:

Americans own guns
guns are used for violence in american society
So, American society is violent

Extremely bogus hegelian thought. Guns do not equal violence. I took hunter's safety and shot in a marskman club while growing up. I haven't owned a gun since I was 16. You are making a fairly crude stereotype of Americans my friend. Stop watching the news.
edit on 12-2-2013 by ibiubu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
No you are wrong ,I don't care what you say, and we are right.
See it goes both ways,you accept no explanation yet seek to quell debate as if you are THE authority on me and mine as well as our upbringing with guns.
A fail.
Training will cure a person of such unreasonable fears of inanimate objects.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
If everything we know....is/has been staged, then i'll bet, guns was part of that plan. They didn't arm the population for nothing. They didn't allow the sales of these firearms because they knew we would need them for hunting. I mean, why else do you arm MILLIONS of people, with automatic WEAPONS? Did they allow us that 'freedom' just so people could go to the firing range and bust off a few caps? I HARDLY THINK SO.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by theillusion
If everything we know....is/has been staged, then i'll bet, guns was part of that plan. They didn't arm the population for nothing. They didn't allow the sales of these firearms because they knew we would need them for hunting. I mean, why else do you arm MILLIONS of people, with automatic WEAPONS? Did they allow us that 'freedom' just so people could go to the firing range and bust off a few caps? I HARDLY THINK SO.

Who the heck has automatic weapons?

And no most things are not illusions..

Against popular opinion these guys are not all powerful.. American freedom, and the internet have slowed down their plans greatly..

Rest assured they are working on it.

Speaking of illusions your avatar and Signature are smoke and mirrors.. It's something I would do if I didn't want people to read my words.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join