It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raytheon produces software that tracks people on social media

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
This RIOT is beast software , defence firm Raytheon is on fire !

With Riot, a user -- typically a government official -- will be able to pull together your life-history; your relationships with other people; and the places where you're most likely to be found. These tracking profiles are based not just on obvious information, such as your listing of a hometown on Facebook or FourSquare GPS location data, but also from "invisible" location metadata from digital photographs.

www.zdnet.com...

This is similar like movie Minority Report

Raytheon's principal investigator, Brian Urch, details a world map that pinpoints a user's check-ins based on latitude and longitude sometimes posted with photos on social networks. By tracking Nick, one of Raytheon's own employees, Urch reveals that he visits Washington Nationals Park, from where he once posted a photo of him posing with a woman. "We know where Nick's going, we know what Nick looks like," Urch said in the video. "Now we want to try to predict where he may be in the future."

www.pcmag.com...

The future is not coming , the future is here !

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
We used to have to do this by hand, using usenet postings, various forums online that the same userID would post on, or nicknames found in places that linked them to one id.

The future, thanks to snoopers, was here in the early 90's..

Just becuase they've programmed a pc to do the snooping doesn't worry me.

You're as easily found as you are lazy in how you protect yourself. facebook, twitter, etc, might seem like they were made for this, but it's just an inevitable progression of the "Look at Me!!" world we live in.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
WATERS: Well, you know, I don't know. And I think some people are missing something here. The president has put in place an organization that contains the kind of database that no one has ever seen before in life. That's going to be very, very powerful. That database will have information about everything on every individual in ways that it's never been done before.
Link
www.rushlimbaugh.com... feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+RushLimbaugh-AllContent+(The+Rush+Limbaugh+Show+-+All+Content)

Sounds like Obama has the software already.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
If people choose to expose their personal info and lives in a public forum then they have willingly given up the right of privacy for that information.

edit on 17-2-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

top topics

join