It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Americans must have Healthy Housing"...so says Obama...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Building inspection code already covers this law. You buy a house they see mold they tell you what it is and that it's bad. Most good contractors will do this as well when they repair water damage which is when your more likely to see mold.

Who's going to pay to fix the house with the mold in it, cause I'm betting not everyone can cover the cost of mold repair. Will they kick people out of the house if they find mold or send them a fine and tell them they'll get the fine money back once the damage is repaired? Repairing mold damage can cost a lot of money doing it your self, and cost five to ten times more if you hire a contractor.

I can see this cause a few people to loses their homes. A few might be an understatement if they count mold in vents.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
These are only recommendations but it gets the governments foot in the door to make these recommendations laws at some point in the near future.It will be another obamacare situation, fix your house to government standards or pay a fine/TAX.
The government should practice what they preach, some of the most run down dilapidated homes in the country are owned by the government. HUD,FHA,VA repos are falling apart and are unsellable because those government agencies won`t repair the properties they own and that have been sitting empty for years and decades.

I see this as a precursor to government mandates that force you to fix your home to impossibly high government standards or be fine/taxed out of your home.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I love how all the people in here think that Obama saying that the indoor air quality of homes needs to be looked at, is a bad thing. You should look at the long-term health affects of exposure to stachybotrys (aka black mold). Breathing in the mycotoxins it produces is as bad, if not worse, then smoking cigarettes.

en.wikipedia.org...

Frankly - if i go to a persons house, and see this junk in their bathroom, then that is the last time that I go over there.
edit on 13-2-2013 by Evil_Santa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by kaylaluv

Ma'am, most people living in those conditions don't want to be their and are aware of how they are living.

Well then, what's wrong with at least making sure they are living in safe conditions? Sometimes these people start to not care anymore, so maybe this initiative will remind them that the safety of their families is paramount. There are things you can do that don't cost a lot of money. You don't have to have a fancy house to have a safe house.

The fact is, this project is not some evil plan to infiltrate every American's home and take away your freedoms. Sheesh...

There are things you can do that don't cost a lot of money.

Don't cost a lot of money, eh? You may be right when it comes to a smoke detector or fire extinguisher but try telling someone that makes minimum wage or close to it, that home improvements don't cost a lot of money.

They will laugh in your face.

You do understand that millions of people have trouble putting food on the table and paying their electric bills, right?? with increasing cost-of-living -- electricity prices, food prices, gas prices, school prices, taxes. Millions are just happy to have a roof held up by four walls.

edit on 13-2-2013 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I'm facepalming at nearly all the replies here.

Hey look everybody, Obama's doing something proactive, lets all piss on him and call him a fascist!

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
So we all need to go live on a farm to have healthy kids? There is a lot of truth to the article here...txagtalks.texasfarmbureau.org...

I have read both European and American research articles on this.

So who's idea of a healthy environment are we to use?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Glass
I'm facepalming at nearly all the replies here.

Hey look everybody, Obama's doing something proactive, lets all piss on him and call him a fascist!

Sorry, but "advancing healthy housing" isn't a priority for our nation imho.

and lets not forget his administration's last project regarding housing that failed... mortgage modification.

priorities!!

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

reply to post by Hefficide

Heff, with all due respect, when they introduced the TSA, they didn't say, "We're going to butt-grope you".

They introduced TSA cuz terrorists hijacked planes and killed 3k Americans...and butt-groping was on the table.

Laws are not passed to be used, insomuch as they are passed to be abused.

Is this a law? I didn't see that part...it looked like an "initiative" aimed at standardizing what makes for a healthy home, which would create less beuracracy and BS as well as educate the public a little as to the dangers of Mold, led etc.

I once took my kid to the ER for a bad flu...and their was a 3 year old child and mom in the room beside ours. The child had been having siezures...it turned out the Mom had been doing some home remodeling in her kitchen, taking off old led paint with a belt sander turning it into a poisonous mist...

Aside from this being an Obama Administration idea I am at a loss why anyone would have issue with it.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by six67seven

Part of his plan is creating construction jobs for Americans. I thought that was one of your nation's priorities?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65
Is this aganda 21? Is this how they are going to get people's homes condemned and force them into "government approved housing"?

I don't like the undertones here. There is something about the Housing and Urban Authority release that strikes me wrong...

Thoughts?

Indeed comrade Ivan says, in Amerika your State approved government 1 room apartment in the city awaits!

We have designated all the rural area as wildlife corridors, designated wilderness or state run (Monsanto) farms. After we condemn and reposes all your homes for your own good we will relocate you to designated “safe zone” – these will be gun free of course as you all requested.

See this neato map we have here Comrades;

Note that most of it is either red or yellow - those are areas we have restricted from human use (with of course the understanding that some of us are more equal than others
).

The black areas are where we will build all these excellently crafted government approved safe and secure 1 room apartments with access to public transportation that allow easy access to places to shop (use your ration cards).

The green areas are for Monsanto to use to grow the food and manage the livestock.

Welcome to Amerika Comrades - All Hail Dear Leader Barrack Obama may his reign last a thousand years!

We all know based on Dear Leader's SOTU address that an centrally managed economy is best for us all it worked well in the past for so many of other nations we must follow suit.

edit on 13/2/2013 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Come on liberals try and defend this one...

"we want affordable housing for everyone"

Yeah that worked SO well in the early 2000's

I smell deja vu

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

In fact an educational initiative to promote knowledge of these things IMO will probably stimulate the economy by creating a demand for repair/cleaning/construction. This is the way that the free market is supposed to work.

All due respect but how in the world is this how a free market is supposed to work? What is so "free" about a market being manipulated by a government? Government manipulation into the economy is the exact opposite of a free market, no?
edit on 13-2-2013 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Glass

thats the dumbest thing i've read today.... yes, government waste for construction jobs... when a perfectly good private contractor can get the same job done in 1/4 of the time at 1/4 of the cost

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
This is part of Obama's agenda to get the right-wingers to die-off. Obama, knowing that right-wingers hate everything he says and will do the opposite of what he says, has suggested that we live in healthier housing. Now, in protest, the right-wingers will make sure that they live in the most dilapidated, vermin infested, disease ridden hell holes; where they will become increasingly ill and eventually die. It's genius I tell you; evil genius.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace
This is part of Obama's agenda to get the right-wingers to die-off. Obama, knowing that right-wingers hate everything he says and will do the opposite of what he says, has suggested that we live in healthier housing. Now, in protest, the right-wingers will make sure that they live in the most dilapidated, vermin infested, disease ridden hell holes; where they will become increasingly ill and eventually die. It's genius I tell you; evil genius.

I feel like this is an insult, and the mods should look at these threats a little closer...

But anyways... no its the projects hes talking about the non working people who get on section 8 and live in crap holes... My house is beautiful and I wont be leaving it...

But then again I work for a living, unlike most liberal voters

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
Here comes subsidized housing for everyone. Everyone except "rich people" of course. "Rich people" meaning anyone with a job.

Ain't communism swell, kids?

Yes, they'll get to fixing our homes right after they put all our kids in Universal Pre K. I noticed the King introduced it in his State of the Union Address last night.
edit on 13-2-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire

Originally posted by LeatherNLace

I feel like this is an insult, and the mods should look at these threats a little closer...

But anyways... no its the projects hes talking about the non working people who get on section 8 and live in crap holes... My house is beautiful and I wont be leaving it...

But then again I work for a living, unlike most liberal voters

Yes, you are probably right, this is about fixing section 8 housing which is already subsidized to begin with. Either that or he wants taxpayers to subsidize repairs on his home in Chicago. But really, this man is all about growing govt.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

Thank you for posting. I am so happy to see people figuring out the Agenda 21 connections. Yes, and even I missed this one.....yah the President signed an Executive Order and created the White House Rural Council

www.canadafreepress.com...

The idea is to get people off their private lands and out of their single family homes and into govt approved apartments and condos.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glass
reply to post by six67seven

Part of his plan is creating construction jobs for Americans. I thought that was one of your nation's priorities?

As some have already noted in the media....if Barry was going to actually do that, it would have been happening in his first term. He is a BSer extroardinaire. The roads are not being fixed. He also used that little tactic talking about how to make people's homes more efficient electricity wise.....the truth is that that means nothing in the face of rising costs of electric due to his attack on the energy sector.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

reply to post by kaylaluv

Ma'am, most people living in those conditions don't want to be their and are aware of how they are living.

Well then, what's wrong with at least making sure they are living in safe conditions? Sometimes these people start to not care anymore, so maybe this initiative will remind them that the safety of their families is paramount. There are things you can do that don't cost a lot of money. You don't have to have a fancy house to have a safe house.

The fact is, this project is not some evil plan to infiltrate every American's home and take away your freedoms. Sheesh...

This is just not govt's job. You are promoting the Nanny State with all it's ramifications, which apparently you do not see yet.

It's the same thing with all the BS equality propaganda going on now. People just can't figure life out on their own so govt has to step in and make sure everyone is ok.

Jonah Goldberg wrote a book about this type of Totalitarian Nanny State. He called it "Liberal Fascism".

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join