It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Americans must have Healthy Housing"...so says Obama...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

When does it become too much?

As many are aware, I am a big proponent of personal responsibility. We don't have 16 year olds buying homes. Adults do.

Heff, my friend, where do we draw the line?

When do we draw the line?

(In all honesty)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Heff, with all due respect, when they introduced the TSA, they didn't say, "We're going to butt-grope you".

Laws are not passed to be used, insomuch as they are passed to be abused.

This isn't a law -- it's just a project. Looks like it will create some jobs - is that a bad thing?

I also don't see anywhere in this project where they say they will go into every American's home and inspect it. There's certainly no law that says they will do any such thing.

Education is a great thing. Some people don't even know they can get a carbon monoxide detector to prevent their children from dying in their sleep. Some people don't know about radon poisoning, or how to check for it.

WHO?

Who in the heck are these people????

The people who are probably living in sub-par housing right now. These are the people that this initiative will help the most.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Ma'am, most people living in those conditions don't want to be their and are aware of how they are living.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Most of you folks feel the same way that I do. I believe in individual freedom and personal responsibility. Most people I know work and fix up their homes when they have the money to do so. None of my friends or acquaintances have ever needed to be told their homes needed something fixed...they knew it...just didn't have the money for it. They did what they could when they could.

This is how America works. We do the best with what we have. Hell I would rather have a one room shack out in the middle of the woods than to live in Government "community" housing. That may be just me, but I should be allowed to make that choice. I will ask for help when I want it or need it...you can offer it if you like but do not be offended or angry if I decline.

I completely understand why people will shout how great of an idea this is but I have learned that the Gov is completely inept at carrying out anything efficiently. My fear is that eventually this will become a weapon of control...yeah, maybe I am a tad paranoid but I prefer to call it "cautious".

We are just seeing the tip of the iceberg...the wonderful "idea"...but beneath the water there can be lurking a ship wrecking monster. As beez used as an indirect example...our DHS and TSA sounded like a great idea at the time...now we have shadows of a police state all around us...and that is not what most people thought when they were brought into existence...

"The worst thing you can possibly hear is...I am from the Government and I am here to help" (Ronald Reagan)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

reply to post by kaylaluv

Ma'am, most people living in those conditions don't want to be their and are aware of how they are living.

Well then, what's wrong with at least making sure they are living in safe conditions? Sometimes these people start to not care anymore, so maybe this initiative will remind them that the safety of their families is paramount. There are things you can do that don't cost a lot of money. You don't have to have a fancy house to have a safe house.

The fact is, this project is not some evil plan to infiltrate every American's home and take away your freedoms. Sheesh...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

My god...Obama wants us to be health...what a sadistic EVIL man.

Seriously...you have to just abandon all intellect to complain about Obama wanting people to be healthy and try to turn it into something sinister.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex

My god...Obama wants us to be health...what a sadistic EVIL man.

Seriously...you have to just abandon all intellect to complain about Obama wanting people to be healthy and try to turn it into something sinister.

Masters always want their slaves to be healthy Obama wanting people healthy?

Nope just gets to spend more money and take more power from them.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Heff, here's how I read that:

Goals One and Two: Establish and Encourage Adoption of Federally-Recognized Criteria...Regulate, regulate, regulate, and regulate some more. More new laws, and then more on top of those. Legislate regulate legislate regulate.

Goal Three: Create and Support Training and Workforce Development... create brand new bureaucracies with hundreds if not thousands of new government employees who do what they do best - nothing, and f*** things up.

Goal Four: Educate the Public about Healthy Homes...create another separate bureaucracy, as though the one above weren't enough. Hire more government employees who can sit around and pick their ass.

Goal Five: Support Research that Informs and Advances Healthy Housing in a Cost-Effective
Manner.... justify the new bloated bureaucracy with a constant stream of pseudo-scientific propaganda.

That sound about right, everyone?

Bottom line = more government jobs by any means necessary. Obama wants everyone on the public dole, whether it be through entitlement programs, or by employing them. This is what communism is.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Per hud.gov

The overall vision for the Strategy is to reduce the number of American homes with residential health and safety hazards, achieved through five goals:

1.Establish healthy homes recommendations
2.Encourage adoption of healthy homes recommendations
3.Create and support training and workforce development to address health hazards in housing
4.Educate the public about healthy homes
5.Support research that informs and advances healthy housing in a cost-effective manner

I've not found anything resembling decrees ... yet, but like you I'm not enthusiastic about the undertone. But this is how I think: is it necessary to pay an elite group of thinkers to figure out how to make homes healthier? Is there a market for this? If so then it's news to me. Maybe there are private consultants who specialize in such matters, but so far as I know there's no great demand for healthy home consultants. My guess is there's no great demand for healthy home consultants because most people already know how to care for themselves.

Sounds like another government spending boondoggle to me.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

I said I can appreciate the sentiment...I also said the Gov is completely inefficient. Most agencies cannot find the arse with both hands and a mirror. What makes you think this will do anything but create more red tape and infringe upon people?

What happens when they come to your door, make you open your house to a "mandatory safety inspection" then drop a list of "must do's" in your lap? What happens when said list costs thousands or tens of thousands of dollars? Does the Gov pay for it...aka...you neighbors? Do you move and they condemn your house so it can be sold for pennies on the dollar to a "developer"? Do you get sent to a "government approved community?...aka...a fema camp?

I said I understand the appearance of benevolence here...but it is an illusion. Even if there may be no wicked intent at this point, the door will be wide open for it to creep in. Putting the "dark thoughts" to the side...the Gov is the most inefficient mechanism ever created by civilized people...it will waste our money and get nothing of value accomplished...we see it all the time and yet some still like to dream.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Can't have firearms,gonna have drug tests and I just bet ANY building built be the govt will be bugged.
Then throw in your MANDATORY mental health care since EVERYONE is considered ill,then throw in more SSRIs to continue with the depopulation and blame it on guns.
Just keep away and you'll walk away.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

How Dare you bring reason into a Right Wing Mutual Circle Gratification Group.

The Truth has no place here.

That was really uncalled for and a tad bit offensive. I am not "right wing" or "left wing"...I am "no wing'...I am a Libertarian. Those that fall for the false "left wing/right wing" paradigm are being fleeced...they are two wings of the same bird of prey...

You are entitled to your "opinion" of the article and the intent of the announcement of HUD as am I...on the benign side, I just see waste, red tape and more expensive bureaucracy that hoses our money away. On the malevolent side, I can see how these subtle little "tweaks" of the GOV can landslide or avalanche into freedom stripping organizations...if you don't or won't...that is up to you.

I have watched our GOV grow from a well intended if not benevolent organization into a hive of thugs, liars and criminals...this is my lifetime alone and it appears to be happening exponentially now. If you think there is something for free...you are sadly mistaken..."there ain't no such thing as a free lunch"...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Yeah, it is a bit funny (actually, very funny) that everyone is, in one way, shape or form, mentally ill.

I have a funny "so there I was story" about mental health, but I reckon it would be too off topic to post.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Why of course our Dear Leader WANTS us to be in healthy housing. The HUD (Agenda 21 cozy) initiatives take away more personal choice/responsibility and give more to the government. They have us by our health needs now--ObamaCare and now the "healthy" concern (you have asthma...well those meds--from the soon to be single payer Federal HealthCare--dictate a change in housing). For the financial "good" of the ObamaCare collective we WILL relocate you to one of our "asthma friendly" federal high rises. You will enjoy the three concrete walled rooms our goverenment has decided is the appropriate size for a family of your size.

The Orwellian blending of a healthcare gulag and the UN one world government dream. The US has vast wide open spaces that are lightly populated. Think of farm lands--older houses, barns and out buildings with hay, etc. a government that wants total control NEEDS to corral the populace into densely popullated urban areas only. And by adding layer upon layer of regulation, surely those exurbanites, suburbanites and rural "folk" (as we are so condescendingly referred to as) are in violation of some Federal Housing law/edict/EO and can be forcibly relocated. For the good of their health of course.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Government in our food.
Government in our health care.
Government in our drinks.
In our booze.
In our cars.
In our wallets.
In our tvs.
In our computers.
In our schools.

Now in our homes.

Tell me again, isn't this supposed to be "Land of the free?"

Land of the free healthcare.
Land of the free cellphones.
Land of the free citizenship.
Land of the free money.
Land of the free food.
And now,
Land of the free housing.

Land of the free.

Sheep-pens.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Thank you for posting this! I'm new here and wasn't able to start a new thread yet when I saw this article.

When I first read this, plus the lovely PDF entitled "Executive Summary-Advancing Healthy Housing-A Strategy For Action", I was filled with a deep sense of foreboding.

On the surface, someone who is not suspicious or skeptical might say "Aww, isn't that nice...The government is going to take care of all those poor folks who can't afford to fix up their houses!".

Personally, I find it disturbing. Here is one paragraph from the PDF. You can find it at the website the OP has linked.

"The Intention
This Strategy provides an initial framework to coordinate federal action for
advancing healthy housing through a comprehensive approach. With additional
research, the goal is to craft a “healthy homes model” that aims to implement
the United States Housing Act goal: “….that our Nation should promote the goal of
providing decent and affordable housing for all citizens through the efforts and
encouragement of Federal, State, and local governments, and by the independent
and collective actions of private citizens, organizations, and the private sector.”

The PDF also says:

"While unhealthy and inadequate housing continue to affect the health of millions
of people from all income levels, geographic areas, and walks of life in the
United States, in some situations, susceptible and vulnerable populations,
such as children, the poor, minorities, individuals with behavioral health
issues, and people with chronic medical conditions
, may be disproportionately
impacted by inadequate housing."
(bold and italics are mine)

I'm sure the self-sustaining elderly is in there as well....

Anyway, I think it's fishy...my opinion.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I'm still waiting for Obama to pay my rent!!

well, wait... if the stock market crashes, food prices double, gas triples, Pope Peter sits in, guns get confiscated, North Korea strikes the US with a nuke... then I suppose I wont have to worry about rent or even a house.

I'm waiting..................

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

It used to be the land of the free Beezzer,it isn't anymore.
The U.S.A. that I was born into is gone.Now,I wonder how
long before we have to show papers to travel anywhere in
the country?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Land of the free...pipe dream. Nowhere is free now days.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65
This week, the Obama administration released a "bold new vision for addressing the nation's health and economic burdens caused by preventable hazards associated with the home."

OBAMA is a preventable hazard that is causing economic burdens and hazards in my home. The economic burdens are many, including that we have to pay for the Obamacare tax. The hazard in my home that he is causing, is that he wants to take away my right to bear arms to protect myself in my home. (and before the O-bots all claim that he isn't doing that .. don't bother shilling .. he IS)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join