It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True motives behind Obama's gun 'control' stance

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
It's been proven that taking away guns does not prevent crime. Case and point take my Government for instance in South Africa it's become more and more difficult to get a gun legally, they even want to propose a bill now to make any weapon illegal whether it's a stun gun or pepper spray or knob kirries like they had at the Marakana incident. South Africa is still one of the most Crime ridden countries in the world even with Gun Control.

So it truly is a legitimate question to ask what the Obama Administration's true motive are behind it's Gun Control move when it's clearly bad morals causing crime than Guns itself. I for one believe any countries constitution is the ultimate law of the land and any move by a government to change that constitution is treasonous.

Obama must rather attack the root cause of crime and prevent it, any other move will be counter productive and utterly useless like "South Africa's fight against Crime" for instance.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
Im a hawk crewchief.

Excellent - have you considered putting in a packet for 160? You'll get to go to ABN School so you can get another hazard pay along with flight. Also, you will get to go to SERE school and probably Pathfinder as well, which as schools go is not that informative but the badge is neat.

Enlisted Requirements

Be in one of the authorized MOSs (see Enlisted "MOS LIST")
Be in the Regular Army
Be a U.S. Citizen
Have or be able to obtain a SECRET clearance
Pass a standard APFT and be I/A/W AR 600-9
Be financially stable
Be disciplined, motivated, and eager to learn specialized tasks

www.sorbrecruiting.com...

I don't know if you are 15T or U but they always need both. I have several contacts in the regiment.

I don't know of anyone in my unit who would do this.

I know you don't no one does, the problem is they are not going to do it in a way that makes it seem like anything other than the right thing to do. Just like in Katrina - all those police officers and National Guardsmen know the Constitution but they disarmed people anyway - why?

I’m sure they were all patriots too and know the Constitution but because they saw the situation, knew it was dire and figured hell, it’s a state of emergency the elected authorities have judged this necessary they went through with it.

Also, who will be the first to say no? You and I both know that person will be made an example of rather harshly and quickly. Then people are worrying about their own families and what will happen if they don't go along. Likely this deployment of regular Army won't come until the country is in such disarray any disobedience will jeopardize the safety of your own family and loved ones. I mean food will be scarce, the dollar may be worthless, and your family may be living on government vouchers that are tied to your military position. Tough call – and who would blame you for going along? Not me…completely understandable.

Tough choice to make my friend, glad I am past the point I will have to make it. Bottom line is I’d never say I will never… The situation may be very grave.

All of us a pretty aware of the climate in this country and we are fully aware of risks should something start happening.

I trust you know what you're saying. But please trust that many of us know what we are doing.

I wish you the best of luck and Godspeed.

Also, just for clarity I wasn't trying to talk down to you just point out that at the levels of senior leadership dealing with "domestic terror" and civil unrest are being war gamed and doctrine being written and revised - after 24 years I know that they don't make doctrine and conduct billions of dollars worth of CPXs, flying Generals and their Staff all over the country chasing unicorns.

There is something in the works; at some level in the government they are genuinely worried about civil disobedience and or all out civil war/revolution.

Keep your head down and stay safe and think about 160th.

1) It's an excellent career move - fast track to SFC for enlisted easy. (The MTOE is not fixed rank.)
2) The best leaders to follow and Soldiers to lead.
3) Freedom of movement and independent thought are encouraged not restricted.
4) The operations they conduct will give you early warning/insight into what else is being planned.
5) Travel the world see neato places.
6) High OPTEMPO, the best equipment and latest toys.

Cheers.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Originally posted by CIAGypsy

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
You're just figuring this out?

By the way, they THINK they can prevent a revolution...

As stated in my OP, this process cannot be stopped.

Really?

Really!

There are almost 100 million gun owners in the United States who in total own over 300 million firearms (and rising every day). There are only @ 1.4 million active duty military personnel in the entire US military. Even if you include National Guard and reserve unit, the total number is less than 2.3 million. If it takes the LAPD over a week to find and kill one motivated, armed guy, how effective do you think TPTB would be at killing or subduing 100 million American gun owners?

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

Im going to green platoon after my deployment.

160th is definitely where I belong.

Having conducted a few C2 operations i have a notional understanding of the situation at hand. But I think the psychology is changing in context to recent events such as Katrina.

Maybe 40 or 50% would..But Im not in that statistic.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

reply to post by Golf66

Im going to green platoon after my deployment.

160th is definitely where I belong.

Having conducted a few C2 operations i have a notional understanding of the situation at hand. But I think the psychology is changing in context to recent events such as Katrina.

Maybe 40 or 50% would..But Im not in that statistic.

Good luck to you my friend. Hate to quote Disney but like Princess Jasmine once you hit the magic carpet you will see that Special Operations is a "whole new world". LOL

If you are going to do something do it with the best I say.

If ever you need some advice for the testing phases U2U me and I'll let you know some of the mind games so you have a heads up. Don't argue with the evaluators - ever. Take constructive criticism for what it is, professional not personal. Also, remember just when you think no one is watching - that is when you are being watched the most closely. They want to see people who can act and do the right thing even if no one is watching.

A lot of it is poking and prodding you to find that thing that you hate and they will work it till they see how much of that thing it takes to break you. It is different with everyone. Everyone breaks at some point - accept that, do it with humility, take their advice on how to handle it and you will excel.

Green Platoon is fairly tame compared to SF/Delta selection I am sure you will do fine. Just be a team player, lead when you are designated to - follow well when it is your turn for that too. As long as you are not a hot-dog or spotlight ranger you will do fine.

If you really like it I would suggest a fight packet if that is something you are interested in a lot of Crew Chiefs go that route. If you like the nitty gritty dirty things go for selection.

Cheers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join