It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the U.S. Air Force Ask Walt Disney to Make a Movie Revealing That UFOs Are Real?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Man in Space was a 1955 documentary that mixed live-action footage with animation and was an attempt to show what it might look like when man finally ventured into space. The doc did boffo numbers at the time (42 million people watched it), so much so that President Eisenhower personally sought out a copy of it from Disney, leading many to later claim that it was Man in Space that helped inspire the leaders of our country to finally take space travel seriously. But Man in Space may have also played a large role in the creation of another secret documentary, pieced together by Walt Disney and Ward Kimball, that was supposed to assist in revealing the existence of UFOs to the American public and the world at large.
That particular UFO doc was never shown to the public, though Kimball did reveal 15-20 minutes of footage at the UFO Symposium in '79. The story goes that this wasn't the last time members of the Air Force had attempted to share their footage with the world, approaching various filmmakers throughout the years, with much of their proof stemming from the Air Force's Project Blue Book program. Project Blue Book was a series of studies conducted by the Air Force in the early '50s with the goal of determining whether UFOs existed and/or were a threat to national security.

www.movies.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 12-2-2013 by xszawe because: (no reason given)

original op is not my writing
but a copy and paste that explains it better then i could
i posted the op because i thought ats might be interested and might not have heard this story

edit on 2/12/13 by Hefficide because: Added ex tags

edit on Tue Feb 12 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Starting a New Thread?...Look Here FirstAboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sitesplease post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item, as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
What do you mean exactly by "revealing that UFOs are real"?

Obviously if there were reports of unidentified craft in the U.S. (and there were reports of such), then the military would have viewed it as a possible threat. However, that doesn't mean they assumed that threat was necessarily extraterrestrial.

I'm sure at the time an extraterrestrial origin of that threat was considered, but so were terrestrial origins.

edit on 2/12/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
www.ufocasebook.com...
ememeggar was approached with real footage as well
why would those in charge want this information shared
and then change there mind at the last moment
is it just more disinfo to keep everyone looking in the wrong direction
or did the guys at the very top stop this infommation being made public at the last second

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by xszawe

The answer to your question is "No" Aliens are not visiting Planer Earth in their space craft.. Not now and not in the past either.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong
reply to post by xszawe

The answer to your question is "No" Aliens are not visiting Planer Earth in their space craft.. Not now and not in the past either.

thank you for clearing that up

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

How the hell can you know if they don't?
I think this tells alot about your personality..
edit on 12-2-2013 by InS0MnI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by xszawe
www.ufocasebook.com...
ememeggar was approached with real footage as well
why would those in charge want this information shared
and then change there mind at the last moment
is it just more disinfo to keep everyone looking in the wrong direction
or did the guys at the very top stop this infommation being made public at the last second

Could you please help me out with the connection between your OP about the Walt Disney Film and this other post of yours (which I have quoted)?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

reply to post by xszawe

why would you make that statement after posting this thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...
are you confused
and this one of yours

and another by you

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

No point asking the OP as he didn't write it , its a copy and paste thread and title .

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by InS0MnI

Easy. Point me in the direction of an Alien here on Earth.
I won't hold my breath.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by xszawe

reply to post by xszawe

why would you make that statement after posting this thread
are you confused
and this one of yours

What have crop circles got to do with Aliens? Please show me where i said they have.

link   

Yes they are and have been and thats that.

link   

Pathetic reply ! It did not even answer the OP question.
Disney was indeed approached to make a documentary revealing the existence of ET's and their craft, there is plenty of info online if you care to look for it. As far as i am aware, a museum containing alien artifacts was also going to go on display to the public but was also scrapped last minute.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

No point asking the OP as he didn't write it , its a copy and paste thread and title .

im posting info i found online
is that against terms

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by sayzaar

Pathetic reply ! It did not even answer the OP question.
Disney was indeed approached to make a documentary revealing the existence of ET's and their craft, there is plenty of info online if you care to look for it. As far as i am aware, a museum containing alien artifacts was also going to go on display to the public but was also scrapped last minute.

You call it pathetic. I call it realistic. Untill something is proved it is just a myth and nothing else.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by xszawe

is that against terms

Yes if its plagiarism , if its not your work you should use the ex-text tag above the post box , you should also add you own opinion . T&Cs

edit on 12-2-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by xszawe

is that against terms

Yes if its plagiarism , if its not your work you should use the ext tags , you should also add you own opinion . T&Cs

what are ext tags
my opinion is in my other posts about emenegger

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Whatever it is that you've been doing 'alldaylong' (and i have an idea) has befuddled your poor grey matter. Probably making you go a tad short sighted too.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sayzaar

If i had a clue as to what you are trying to say then i would reply.
However i don't.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Ex tags are using an [ ex ] before and an [ /ex ] after all copy and pasted external content.

Given that thread standards on ATS require the external content to be properly formatted - and also include the OP's thoughts and opinions about the external content? Thread closed. OP you are welcome to properly reformat the external content, add some of your own thoughts to it, and repost if you wish.

Hefficide

ETA the above formatting, when done - should be without the spaces.

edit on 2/12/13 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join