It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christopher Dorner in gun battle with authorities, source says

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
What troubles me about the 'shoddy reporting' is that a major news outlet posts a story that a body is found, they say that the story is confirmed by law enforcement officials.

Either they were given the story by actual LE personnel...

They were given the story by someone purporting to be LE personnel. ...
Or
They completely fabricated the story.

To think that these major news media people don't verify their sources is a little hard for me to believe.
To think that they fabricated the story doesn't wash for me either.

Yes, good point. If LAPD initially gave word a body was found, then it's hard to blame the media. It appears the LAPD gave out incorrect informaion initially.
edit on 12-2-2013 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I located it in one transmission, just posted this a few posts back.

Originally posted by evc1shop
reply to post by WonderLustKing

It is at 29:38 on the first clip
line 2

link   
I had to go to work a bit after I made this thread, and wow, 40+ pages now.

Last I heard Dorner was fleeing in a truck. Now Im reading that he was barricaded inside a cabin that later exploded/caught fire, but no body has been recovered yet. Did he flee in the truck, stop, and then barricade himself, or was he in a cabin the whole time? Sorry, I have lots of catching up to do.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Yeah, but that doesn't explain letting it continue to burn, long after anyone could have survived. Unless you want him ultra-dead.

link   
Maybe he set fire to it, fired a shot and ran off into the undergrowth?

That way the cops would assume suicide and slowly close in, but in that time he'd buggered off. Or maybe he'd rigged up a distraction?

link   
The comments on MSM sites are polarized and extremely upset half the time.

Even if this story is over, another even more tragic one is brewing.

link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by roadgravel

I know I heard them discussing "burners" in fact at one point they said either six or seven of them. They started this fire. I am 100% convinced of it.
On top of this LAPD CMDR. Smith just stated that the fire was still to hot to search for a body.

I'll ponder on this, while I watch this Cop look nervous while talking.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I seriously doubt a tear gas container caught fire. We used to use them in live fire building clearing exercises in the Air Force. And that was only a year ago. Tear gas isnt flammable. Hence why its used at protests, and why we use them when entering a house. You can use live ammunition without the possibility of them catching fire.

link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Or you suspect explosives. He, apparently, was filmed buying oxygen tanks. He was knowledgeable with explosives. Oxygen tanks make for great bombs - in a fire even when you don't intent them to be.

link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

Police in California have denied reports that a body was found in a burnt-out mountain cabin where a man believed to be a ex-policeman accused of three murders was holed up.

Flames were seen rising from the cabin, as a police Swat team went in.

There were initially reports that a burnt body had been found, but police say the remains of the cabin have yet to be searched.

This comes after a shoot-out in which a local sheriff's deputy was killed.

Another police officer is in hospital with injuries.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

So, he's managed to carry in all his gear - oxygen tanks - throughout the hostage situation, the carjacking and running in a shoot out to the cabin. LOL!?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by kosmicjack

Or you suspect explosives. He, apparently, was filmed buying oxygen tanks. He was knowledgeable with explosives. Oxygen tanks make for great bombs - in a fire even when you don't intent them to be.

But he ditched the truck and ran on foot to this new cabin that was burned today (apparently he had tied up a couple in another cabin). Would you really be carrying oxygen tanks while fleeing on foot after a shootout?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Found this on fcebook. Cops yelling "burn it down" on news.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Good points - I came into this at the point where he was in the cabin. Missed how he got there. But there was still the issue of the large propane tank in back of the cabin, so the fear of explosion does apply. I know for a fact that they didn't clarify that it was empty until the cabin was already razed.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

I watched the Waco stand off the whole time, What was it a Month. The thing that stands out in my mind was watching the flag they had flying.Most of the seige it hung limply.But the day they attacked it was blowing in a roaring wind.My thought is that they decided to burn the place down when the wind was in their favor.Remember how fast it burnt? Why would they pick the windiest day to storm the building when they know "teargas" can start fires.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Does the term 'burner' have any other tactical meaning?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
reply to post by butcherguy

Well first reports of him being dead or a body being found were from overseas news agencies.

There was likely a rush by US News Corporations to keep up with attention-grabbing headlines, especially since it's happening here.

Yeah, I get their excuses for someone else getting it wrong, but we saw the same kind of thing in the Sandy Hook shooting. The shooter was identified as Ryan Lanza, then it was Adam. They said the mixup was because Adam had Ryan's ID. Then Ryan said that he had not seen Adam for over two years. They can't make that stuff up.

It just stinks. If nothing else, someone is feeding crap to reporters just to keep everyone confused. IMO.

link   
Shouldn't he had practiced his carjacking skills in LA prior to leading police to his burnt out truck in the Big Bear area?

link   
Heard police cussin away about something just a second ago on that scanner feed because of a stuck open mic

Dispatcher was going a bit nuts over it..

link   
Interesting press conference on CNN now from Wildlife guy....purple Nissan? Thought it was a white truck

new topics

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join