It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christopher Dorner in gun battle with authorities, source says

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by capone1
[Updated at 8:34 p.m. ET] At some point today, a suspect tried to get out the back door of the cabin, but he was pushed back inside, U.S. Marshals Service district chief Kurt Ellingson told CNN's Brian Todd

I'm not trying to be Mr. Question Everything, but that late in the shootout, how could a suspect be "pushed" back in? Surely there were snipers/shooters surrounding the house?

But, I would give credit to the officers for not immediately shooting someone they weren't sure was the suspect. Perhaps some thought it was a hostage. No point in opening fire if the cabin is completely surrounded.

Why not? They have been doing just that for the better part of a week now.

Unless the plan was to end this spectacularly, as we have just witnessed.

Even so, the cops started the fire, we all heard it on scanners, yet the good little media toes the line with "he set the cabin on fire and then offs himself". You cannot believe anything from media, either they are told what to say, or they interject their agenda like O'Reilly just did.

edit on 12-2-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Something really garbled just got said about the body??? Did I hear that right?

Yes. they said something about no longer having it in view or something.

link   

Originally posted by The_Phantom

Originally posted by Hefficide

Devils advocate, for a moment - and before the "Dorner was a hero" threads invade... If it were my friends he killed? He would end up wishing I'd been merciful enough to use fire. But maybe that's just me. I tend to be overprotective of those I care about.

I've noticed that often times in conflicts, there isn't always a good guy and a bad guy, but instead both sides are in wrong. Not always the case, but it happens often in my opinion. When opinions are made, and sides are taking, people side with someone in the wrong no matter who they support.

Here here!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Now Front Page Yahoo News, they are saying suspect didn't emerge from cabin...Ask yourself, Why is this the current headline?

Either he was pushed back or didn't?

A US Marshall said he was pushed back in, and now he never emerged.

youtu.be...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Olivine
Dispatch is asking for a silver SUV to be moved so fire can proceed to scene. But someone on-scene said they weren't sure they needed more help--that they had fire on-scene and "had it under control".

Yeah, right.
If "under control" means burnt to the foundation. Really, really sad they never intended to let Dorner have a trial.
edit on 2/12/2013 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

Just going to add this, as I've seen too many "of course they weren't going to give him a trial" types of comments everywhere.

It seems he didn't want a trial himself. Barricading himself in the house like he did, shooting at them, killing them... he was asking to be killed one way or another. If he wanted a trial he could have had one. He could have not shot at them every chance he got. He could have surrendered in a public place. I guarantee he would have had a trial if he didn't, at every turn, fire at officers.

And don't take this as full support for the police. This is just directed towards the whole "he would never have a trial" statement. I'm not saying the police, especially the LAPD, are perfect.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sprtpilot

No visual on the suspect was what was said.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal

Originally posted by capone1
[Updated at 8:34 p.m. ET] At some point today, a suspect tried to get out the back door of the cabin, but he was pushed back inside, U.S. Marshals Service district chief Kurt Ellingson told CNN's Brian Todd

I'm not trying to be Mr. Question Everything, but that late in the shootout, how could a suspect be "pushed" back in? Surely there were snipers/shooters surrounding the house?

But, I would give credit to the officers for not immediately shooting someone they weren't sure was the suspect. Perhaps some thought it was a hostage. No point in opening fire if the cabin is completely surrounded.

Why not? They have been doing just that for the better part of a week now.

Unless the plan was to end this spectacularly, as we have just witnessed.

Even so, the cops started the fire, we all heard it on scanners, yet the good little media toes the line with "he setvthe cabin on fire and then offs himself". You cannot believe anything from media, either they are told what to say, or they interject their agenda like O'Reilly just did.

Ok. Well, we can't just go from "how can they do that?!" to "Why not?" Hypocritical.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
think its time to oil some guns and rap them in plastic and bury them in plastic in a dry area like some did in the un uk after a dodgy slaughter of children . that led to a gun ban //???? ..

and the beat goes on
better to live one day as a tiger and all that stuff

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
For those just joining in the end of the thread, here's some of my screen shots. The first shot I think is at the time of the gun fight when the offices were shot down, assuming this is the crew told to "get the f out of there pal" or something along those lines.

Here's the fire screenshots in chronological order now.

(just heard over scanner - escapes routes from basements?)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Did they just say that there were escape routes from the basement?

link   
They just said something about still being on lock down.

audio4.radioreference.com...

edit on 12/2/2013 by andypb because: (no reason given)

link   
escape routes from the basement reported

link   
Well guys n' girls of ATS just wanted to say thanks to all for a very exciting and interesting thread. I have been following your posts since page 3 with no access to msm, no feeds etc worked on my tablet so this thread has been my sole supplier of the ongoing situation.

I'm sure that aTS will be talking about the events and ramifications for a while to come. Fascinating and tragic story and unfortunate that lives were lost. More to this than meets the eye I feel.

Anyway take a bow all contributors, great job.

Humans eh!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManiShuck

Originally posted by Olivine
Dispatch is asking for a silver SUV to be moved so fire can proceed to scene. But someone on-scene said they weren't sure they needed more help--that they had fire on-scene and "had it under control".

Yeah, right.
If "under control" means burnt to the foundation. Really, really sad they never intended to let Dorner have a trial.
edit on 2/12/2013 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

Just going to add this, as I've seen too many "of course they weren't going to give him a trial" types of comments everywhere.

It seems he didn't want a trial himself. Barricading himself in the house like he did, shooting at them, killing them... he was asking to be killed one way or another. If he wanted a trial he could have had one. He could have not shot at them every chance he got. He could have surrendered in a public place. I guarantee he would have had a trial if he didn't, at every turn, fire at officers.

And don't take this as full support for the police. This is just directed towards the whole "he would never have a trial" statement. I'm not saying the police, especially the LAPD, are perfect.

Spot executions? Totally insane.
Burn the guy alive. Why have a jury of your peers and a judge and sentencing.
Praise Lenin!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by minniesoda

Are you kidding?!
oh my god if they burned that ladies house down and theres nobody in there she is going to be MAD!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
whole new meaning to SMOKIES NOW EH
10/4
edit on 12/2/13 by billdadobbie because: SMOKIN

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
as I heard it on the scanner...an anonymous call came in reporting there are multiple escapes routes from the cabins basement

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by minniesoda

This seems like a theatrical performance or a simulation drill.

Maybe they are simulating how they are going to kill gun owners and constitutionalists.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I guess they failed to ask the homeowner if there were erm, any possible ways to escape like through the basement and if so where they may lead?
edit on 12-2-2013 by Diligence because: Typo...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by minniesoda

I used to live in those mountains. Most places, it's solid bedrock a couple of feet down.

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join