It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christopher Dorner in gun battle with authorities, source says

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sean

I also heard the 2 officers down statement

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
This whole "tactical maneuver" as they put it was straight out of the BATF handbook.

One man with a gun? Burn the building to the ground...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Devils advocate, for a moment - and before the "Dorner was a hero" threads invade... If it were my friends he killed? He would end up wishing I'd been merciful enough to use fire. But maybe that's just me. I tend to be overprotective of those I care about.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
fox news are reporting he killed one cop & wounded one more mmmm bad dog bad dog get to your bed ????

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
They just made him a martyr. Hopefully his name will be a rallying call for people to take back the country

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus

Originally posted by guymontag

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

Flash grenades and tear gas canisters could, theoretically start a fire. Fortunately we don't have to speculate. Several of us here heard the cop discuss backing "Big bear" into the cabin and deploying "burners" right before the fire began.

Yes, disgusting. We have paid government workers strutting around the United States that are willing to burn people alive.

This answers the question: will LEO and Military fire on civilians during Martial Law?
No, they will just burn you alive.

Only in NY and California, in other words, liberal states. At least in red states you still have Sheriffs that believe in innocent until proven guilty.

They have had no intent to bring Dorner in alive from day one, that much has been obvious.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by billdadobbie

That was earlier - in a shootout that preceded some sort of chase that led to this cabin. I didn't get online until the cabin situation so I haven't had a chance to catch up on the rest of the narrative yet.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Devils advocate, for a moment - and before the "Dorner was a hero" threads invade... If it were my friends he killed? He would end up wishing I'd been merciful enough to use fire. But maybe that's just me. I tend to be overprotective of those I care about.

I'm certainly not defending him. He deserved to be punished if he did in fact kill all those people. But who decides if NOW he really did or not?
edit on 12-2-2013 by DerekJR321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
[Updated at 8:34 p.m. ET] At some point today, a suspect tried to get out the back door of the cabin, but he was pushed back inside, U.S. Marshals Service district chief Kurt Ellingson told CNN's Brian Todd

I'm not trying to be Mr. Question Everything, but that late in the shootout, how could a suspect be "pushed" back in? Surely there were snipers/shooters surrounding the house?

But, I would give credit to the officers for not immediately shooting someone they weren't sure was the suspect. Perhaps some thought it was a hostage. No point in opening fire if the cabin is completely surrounded.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by capone1
[Updated at 8:34 p.m. ET] At some point today, a suspect tried to get out the back door of the cabin, but he was pushed back inside, U.S. Marshals Service district chief Kurt Ellingson told CNN's Brian Todd

I'm not trying to be Mr. Question Everything, but that late in the shootout, how could a suspect be "pushed" back in? Surely there were snipers/shooters surrounding the house?

But, I would give credit to the officers for not immediately shooting someone they weren't sure was the suspect. Perhaps some thought it was a hostage. No point in opening fire if the cabin is completely surrounded.

I don't think they mean physically "pushed". He might have came out and saw the shooters and jumped back in.

link   
State of the Union address... Tonight, I'm proud to... (fill in the blanks)

link   
reply to post by capone1

"Pushed back" could either mean verbal commands ( "You are surrounded, lay face down on the ground" ) or suppression fire.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming....

LOL!

We're so easy.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Something really garbled just got said about the body??? Did I hear that right?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming....

LOL!

We're so easy.

nothing more to see here folks, move along now

link   

reply to post by capone1

"Pushed back" could either mean verbal commands ( "You are surrounded, lay face down on the ground" ) or suppression fire.

Yea, I wasn't really meaning physically "pushed". But good for the officers not opening fire on just anyone leaving the cabin.
edit on 12-2-2013 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

link   

I've noticed that often times in conflicts, there isn't always a good guy and a bad guy, but instead both sides are in the wrong. Not always the case, but it happens often in my opinion. When sides are taken and discussed, both sides can be in support of someone that doesn't deserve it.
edit on 12-2-2013 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Agree.

If it was my child he killed, it would be very hard to suppress the want and need to exact revenge. In the end, I would let the Law deal with it, and a jury of peers. That is the difference between him, and many people who don't believe he was a "hero". Vigilante Justice always has victims. Sometimes innocent ones.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Phantom

You are correct. Both parties involved are violent. Both parties believe their actions are justified. I hate everything about this. :/

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Going to lay off reading and catch the State of the Union.

Wonder if anything about gun control will be in there?

The question is, WAS Dorner in that cabin?

Back afterwards.

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join