Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

NYPD officer Who Sexually Assaulted Teacher Beats Rape Conviction

page: 1

join

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Source

A New York police officer who brutally sodomized and inflicted oral sex upon a schoolteacher at gunpoint has not been convicted of rape, despite DNA evidence and witness testimonies about the violent attack.

New York’s state law excludes nonconsensual oral and anal sex from the definition of “rape”, calling them “sexual assault” instead, the New York Daily News reports.

Are they Kidding me? This is insane. What kind of jokester idiot is the State of New York using for a prosecuting attorney? They would know full well that these actions are not under the classification of "Rape" before charging him yet they wasted time and money on the charge. Are they really that stupid when it comes to their own laws that they just throw out what ever sounds good. This ..... is going to jail which is good, but this case seems like a set up to get him off or something. That's all I can think of for them to be so stupid in filing his charges.

What say you ATS?
edit on 12-2-2013 by Agarta because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

I want to know why, knowing this exclusion has been on the books, obviously for some time, NOBODY has fixed it??????

WTH is wrong with these people?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Question for you....

Are you really surprised?

I personally am not, and this crap will continue for the boys in blue......This is why they do what they do!

Their penalties should be much worse than the average citizen, they are responsible for protecting as WE pay them to do!! This crap should come with MUCH harsher punishments.....They get a slap on the wrist, a month off paid, and back at it right again and again and again.....

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
where is dexter morgan when you need him...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

I'm less surprised that he seems to have gotten special favors, although he got 10 years(to life) in this case and 75 years(to life) for two other cases of rape he did plead guilty to, but what I am surprised about is that this stipulation on the definition of Rape is still on the books. A bill was attempted to be passed here a couple of years ago(if I remember correctly) but was turned down. I am also surprised that the DA would be so negligent and ignorant of the definition and charged him with rape. I just think that it was done on purpose knowing he would be found innocent, and THAT is what makes me angry the most. She deserves justice and has been denied because of the idiocy of the State.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Looks like this guy will be spending the rest of his life in prison. Shouldn't be that bad for him though as its impossible, by the State o New York's definition anyway, for him to be raped.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

Good Post. Gave me a chuckle.

Also, S&F for the OP.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
One more nail in the coffin of public trust for thugs in uniform...er...police.

I don't care what kind of PC name or definition they give it. Rape is rape! If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck. It's a duck!

“New York lags behind such liberal bastions as South Dakota and Tennessee in how we define rape,” said Assemblywoman Aravella Simolas, who last year introduced a bill that expanded the definition of “rape”, which failed to get passed.

Lags behind? How about doesn't give a damn.

At least this clown won't be "assaulting" anyone else. That's the good news in all of this.
edit on 2/12/2013 by Klassified because: bolding

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I think this kind of thing will increase exponentially as the police state grows. Read the history books, it's coming your way.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
This topic sure isn't getting the exposure it deserves. Seems like justice is a hard thing to come by.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

It's New York, what do you expect.

Anyone there that wants/loves freedom should leave as soon as they can.

NY is a cesspool of crap.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
This really comes as no surprise to me. These police departments are the worst gangs in America, people aren't just saying that to say it. They terrorize citizens and rob and rape them. They have got quite the racket going to because the average joe still thinks its unpatriotic to go against the corruption of the law

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

For a second there I thought he BEAT the charges and was free to roam the streets again... but the last paragraph...

Even though Cuomo’s offender has been sentenced to 10 years to life in addition to 75 years to life for two other rape charges that he pled guilty to

10 years to life + 75... he is not getting out of jail anytime soon. As long as he isnt getting out... im pleased with the end result of the case... even if they threw out a charge. I would've been upset if he went free but he isnt...

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Having read the article, the following can be stated:

This is the best case for why laws need to be reviewed, looked at, either gotten rid of, or updated, if there is any case of such, it is this. As it can be seen, the judge has to follow the laws that are on the books, they are not allowed to change the definition of what is or is not within the law, it is not within their perview. That includes the sentencing that they impose, they can only follow the laws as they are written.

If anything this should stand that maybe instead of trying to change one law at a time, perhaps it would be best suited to go through them all and decide what is and is not relavent or should be updated, and get politicians into the habit and ease of removing laws off of the books.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by AdamOver
This topic sure isn't getting the exposure it deserves. Seems like justice is a hard thing to come by.

exposing wrong doing by people with power never gets the attention it deserves. it's been a fact of life for a long, long time.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

So true. So sad.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I have an idea how to remedy medieval laws like this right quick:

Rally together a bunch of judges, politicians, and lawmakers... hog tie them... and then violently and forcibly sodomize them, and then violently force oral copulation on them.

Afterward, ask them whether the trauma they endured felt like they were raped, or whether it felt like they were just sexually assaulted.

top topics

join

Help ATS Recover with your Donation.
read more: Help ATS Recover With Your Contribution