It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State of the Union February 2013 : What to Expect

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee
There's some crazy talk in other sites, that Obama will announce his resignation. Just posting for entertaining thought, I got the feeling the supposed insider intel was from none other than wilcocks or fulford. Not sure on that, just a guess.

And this might be the only reason I will watch, so it may have had a purpose, this rumor.

True or not, this is the best news I heard all day!! Actually all month for that matter!!!

Yeah I like this news story better than the one that is about to come from his "speech" someone wrote for him....Probably a lobbyist......

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
you voted for hope and change, and im hear to save america....

Hes going to say "I" maybe 100 times because hes a narcissist in chef.

Mybe throw in some " We need to spend money on road, bridges, and schools, to rebuld america."

Rich need to pay there fair share

Were 16.5 trillion dollars in debt and groing......naaa, he wont say that.

Im the food stamp king.....na, he wont say that

Free obama phones last year, free obama homes this year...

Santa Claus.....i mean Obama may also bail out the students and pay off their
school loans which are near $1 Trillion.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta

Originally posted by camaro68ss
you voted for hope and change, and im hear to save america....

Hes going to say "I" maybe 100 times because hes a narcissist in chef.

Mybe throw in some " We need to spend money on road, bridges, and schools, to rebuld america."

Rich need to pay there fair share

Were 16.5 trillion dollars in debt and groing......naaa, he wont say that.

Im the food stamp king.....na, he wont say that

Free obama phones last year, free obama homes this year...

Santa Claus.....i mean Obama may also bail out the students and pay off their
school loans which are near $1 Trillion.

I like this idea......Save my wife and I $120,000 for her loans.......

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Question is... Who will be Obama's feature poster child for this speech? You know the cursed one who get's to sit next to Michelle. That's a Bad Luck seat for all those who sit in it during Obama's SoU speech....

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

I may approve of the idea if the USA National Debt was only $4 Trillion.

Remember Ross Perot ?
In 1992 it was only $4 Trillion.

Now it is around $16.5 Trillion.
Our GDP is $16 Trillion.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee
There's some crazy talk in other sites, that Obama will announce his resignation. Just posting for entertaining thought, I got the feeling the supposed insider intel was from none other than wilcocks or fulford. Not sure on that, just a guess.

And this might be the only reason I will watch, so it may have had a purpose, this rumor.

Following in the Pope's footsteps?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
There was a couple of articles out yesterday about upcoming "executive orders"...

Cybersecurity... "We have to protect you so we are going to control the internet now...cyber terrorists are everywhere"...

Mortgage refinance... "The banks didn't make enough money off of you the last time so we want to refinance your debt and set you back to the start of a 30 year loan"

Energy efficient buildings ... "Your homes and businesses waste too much energy so we are going to condemn them all and make you build new ones...at no cost to the taxpayer of course"...followed by slick smile...

Stiffer penalties for coal powered energy producers "You coal miners make too much money so we want to make it impossible for you to earn a living." (in direct contrast to the above) "Coal means cheap and abundant energy for all Americans...can't have that or we couldn't do the above"...

That about sums it up.

Might be a mention of "guns"...big surprise...

Might mention the Pope... make some lame comment how they "worked together"...

Some ruse about fair taxes and helping the "middle class"...and here I was thinking the middle class was almost extinct....

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

Don't blame Obama. The coal power plants are being replaced with Gas Turbine Power
Plants because they operate at a higher profit margin.
Let the shareholders decide.
Natural gas is being found everywhere and it is very cheap!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta

You're correct in a sense...Natural gas is cheap...right now. Fracking is about to become heavily regulated and drive the cost up. I have a few family members that work on setting up the pumping stations and they have been told it is coming.

Obama has a boner for coal. It is one of our cheapest and most abundant resources and he (an others) are regulating it to extinction. I'm sorry, I am not ready to go all gas or all nuke power and until the so called "green and clean" energies (which create their own industrial waste problems) are cheap and efficient...I want to see coal left on the table and not killed. "ya gotta dance with who brung ya" and coal is a huge reason we were successful to this point. I am not saying it should never go the way of the dodo...but...I don't think it's right to create higher energy costs just because it's politically correct to do so...now IS NOT the time to jack up people's home operation costs.

Just my opinion and kinda off topic...sorry.

The "State of the Union Address" is going to be another dog an pony show (elephant and donkey show?). They will tell the herds what they want to hear..."All is going well, it's still hard out there but it's getting better"...and 65% of the idjets watching will be like this..

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Expect Anonymous....or so RT is claiming...Source

Eyes and ears will be on US President Barack Obama Tuesday evening as he presents the State of the Union address from Capitol Hill in Washington, DC. Hacktivists aligned with the Anonymous movement have other plans, however.
A call to arms has been issued by Anonymous, the shadowy underground collective of hackers and activists, and the group says they hope to disrupt select online broadcasts of the annual address in protest of President Obama and his administration’s assaults on the civil liberties and constitutional rights of Americans, as well as the world’s Internet.
“Operation SOTU,” or “OpSOTU,” is latest mission from Anonymous, and members involved in the initiative say it will serve as a decisive factor in the “battle royale for the future of the Internet.”
In a statement drafted by members of Anonymous and circulated on the Web early Tuesday, the group recalls a series of recent victories for Internet activists who waged battles and won against proposed legislation that would have drastically changed the modern landscape of computer and technology law.
“Last year we faced our greatest threat from lawmakers. We faced down SOPA, PIPA, CISPA and ACTA,” the message begins. “But that victory did not come easily. Nor did it come without a price.”

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Geez! What Bull Crap! a lot of my friend and family are still unemployed....%8 NOT more like %20 as they don't show people that have lost there unemployment benifits...I will watch and laugh out load tonight!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
My prediction in a photo...

Or something close to it anyway.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Well,I just caught the SOU The President knows damn well his proposals will never make it outta committee.Political theater at it's finest.Rubio's response was just as full of crap as The President's.They have no intention of fixing anything.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

Marco Rubio gets an A+ for his speech.

The delivery of the speech gets a B+.

He was a little nervous. Where is that water bottle?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join