It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

65,376,373 guns sold during Obama's term and still counting!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Add me to the list... I havent owned a gun since 2002 but I bought one Sunday at the Saxet gunshow..
Thank you Obama for helping me remember how much I love to shoot guns

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Here is something most people are not thinking about and it is a win for the gun control crowd.

Considering recent events, pundits speechs,congressman legislation gun and ammunition manufactures, WILL NOT be rushing to refill the inventory.

None will want to waste billions on a product that can not be sold so get use to it for a while at least until it either blows over which might be never.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Yah...I get it...But...by "state authorities" please keep in mind you mean your local FFL gun dealer and running a standard NICS....I doubt the local dealer considers himself "State Authorities"....and while I get passing guns on to kids or between family...I don't trust every parent as being unbiased judges as to whether those kids are responsible.

Well, in the interests of new found goodwill and all... I'll go first. I was wrong... Err... As it turns out, I'll have to settle with saying Siblings cannot transfer a firearm between each other, as it turns out Parents are legal to transfer to kids and spouses to each other. Under some circumstances anyway. (don't ever say I don't admit when I'm wrong... whew... just understand I'm glad I found it too.. lol)

The actual law as the LAPD publishes to it's own people reads

I want to sell a gun to another person, i.e., a private party transfer. Am I required to conduct the transaction through a licensed California firearms dealer?

Yes. Firearms sales must be conducted through a fully licensed California firearms dealer. Failure to do so is a violation of California law.
. . .
For a private party transfer involving one or more handguns, the total allowable fees, including the DROS, safety and dealer-transfer fees, are not to exceed $35 for the first handgun and $31 for each additional handgun involved in the same transaction.

Can I give a firearm to my spouse or registered domestic partner? Can he/she give it back to me later?

Yes, as long as the person receiving the firearm is not in a prohibited category and the firearm is not an assault weapon, the transfer of a firearm between a husband and wife or registered domestic partners is exempt from the requirement to use a licensed dealer to perform the transfer. However, if the firearm is a handgun, the recipient must submit a Report of Operation of Law or Intra-Familial Handgun Transaction and $19 fee to the DOJ within 30 days.
Source - LAPD Notice on Gun laws

DOJ in this case refers to California's own internal Department of Justice. They also have their own division for the approval and registry of firearms. This is the application you have to submit to the state to confirm you're eligible to own one by their standards.

Personal Firearms Eligibility Check Application

That's atop a 10 day waiting period and the standard run out to the Feds for their obligatory check. By the time California is done, I think NICs is the lesser of the systems one has gone through. lol...
edit on 13-2-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: minor correction.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Aw, that's such a pretty graph. It's nice to have pictures and stuff, but you fail to comprehend the big picture.
Go out and buy a lower receiver right now. Or a few 30 round clips. What? out of stock? but...but....I don't understand....6 months ago, I could have bought all I wanted, but now, there doesn't seem to be any stock?

Please note, real world doesn't equal your picture. live in the now.
edit on 14-2-2013 by network dude because: guns don't kill people, worms with machine guns kill people.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Could not care less about your posts..and won't be responding,...

And yet you did respond. Just another example of how dishonest you are.

but I'll leave you with this...the graph originates from a RIGHT...PRO GUN...leaning cite...but the stats that supported the graph were solid so I used it....you can find it yourself if you know how to google....I have no interest in playing fetch for ignorant trolls.

Oh, so sad to see the angry Liberal gnash his teeth.
You can provide a graph, but not the source. How very propaganda'ish of you.

December 2007 is when the spike started/first green upward track begins.

So, you quantify a SINGLE spike as the marker for soaring sales?
It also dropped right afterwards as well. Then continued up. Funny, as if the economic crisis was the real issue, then sales would have been around the same numbers during Carter.

Correlates to the economic crisis and a full year before President Obama took office. You crack me up

And yet it has double since then. But, let's not be honest with people here, and just blame it all on Bush right??
You Liberals are too funny.

The Tyrant 0bama and other Progressives are on record for wanting another Unconstitutional Weapons ban and High Capacity Ban as well.

But, you go ahead and not respond, as that seems to be best result from any Liberal or Progressive. Don't want to be shown for the the dishonest person you/they really are.

Better to not say anything, then open your mouth and show that you are a fool.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
65,376,373 millions guns sold average low ball price of $600 dollars works out to $39,225,823,800 dollars

That is just guns themselves, that does not include accessories, or ammunition.
edit on 14-2-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
The American people are a very ignorant and skittish people. This makes them easy to control. So, perhaps, the government is expecting some sort of threat within American borders that the military and police can’t fully handle on their own. In order to fix this problem they are scaring the populous in to buying weapons and supplies so that they can defend themselves when the government is not readably available. It is a possibility.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex

Originally posted by LeatherNLace

65.4 Million Gun Purchases Since Obama Took Office, 91% More Than Bush's First-Term Total

Meanwhile, the NRA and gun manufacturers are laughing all the way to the bank...America bought their propaganda hook, line and sinker.

Yeah they are.

The fear of a black man as President was a big marketing advantage when you know your audience is racist as hell.

Quick...go out and buy guns...the Black Muslim is going to take your guns away...don't pay attention to his actual policy on guns...he's going to do it secretly.

I just can't stop wondering if 5 years from now some of these people who rushed out to buy guns are going to be thinking "why in the hell do I have a gun???"

Maybe this is one reason? If this guy had a gun he and his daughter would have had a fighting chance....

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Interesting, thanks for sharing!

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
There are 5 different possibilities as why this has happened.

1. People know Obama is going for the guns and power, and start buying guns to spite him. And fight for their constitutional rights, if it came down to it.

2. Obama may be putting pressure on the gun issue to increase gun/ammo sales to benefit the gun companies. (their in on it together.)

3. Obama wants people to go out and buy guns and ammo. After people buy um up, he'll swoop in to take them away by force, basically getting them for free, since they were confiscated from the public. Problem with this is I'm sure there will be quite a bit of resistance. And may even start a civil war.

4. People are over reacting about the situation, and want to buy guns before any gun laws/restrictions kick in.

5. The government knows of a economic collapse in the future. They are purposefully arming the public to fight against each other in order to survive. A great deal of americans are living on government aid. All these FEMA coffins, trains, and FEMA camps would go along with it. After the dust settles, the government can have easier control of the battered country. I guess you could say some type of depopulation attempt. In my opinion this would be the least likely.

edit on 16-2-2013 by Lingweenie because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join