It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

65,376,373 guns sold during Obama's term and still counting!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

I'd really rather you explain than point to a talking head video with almost no text of your own in the post.

After all, I replied to you here....not Jon Stewart. I'd have framed and worded my reply quite differently to such an established member of the Mainstream Media.

How would you personally reply to those points? After all, again, it's your personal views being replied to. You do have plenty of your own, I'd assume?

edit on 12-2-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex

Now prove that those were sold to 65,376,373 unique individuals that don't support gun control.

Basic basic logic people....good lord...it is frightening that people that lack such basic logic skills are the ones out buying up the guns.

Prove that they weren't.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The further answers you seek can not come, for they are an unknown figure. To even estimate the real number of guns out there would be mind boggling.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You provided me with poppycock!

I provided you with scientific polling data...you provided me with Wiki Answers

But let's just ignore the fact that you are using wiki answers :shk:

Prove to me that all gun owners oppose gun control laws...go ahead bunny...let's see what you got.

I know you won't, because you don't deal with facts and logic...just propaganda and rhetoric. But prove me wrong....or just keep your head buried firmly in the ground and ignore scientific polling data because you think it is voodoo magic and will just call it "poppycock".

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Now prove that those were sold to 65,376,373 unique individuals that don't support gun control.

Basic basic logic people....good lord...it is frightening that people that lack such basic logic skills are the ones out buying up the guns.

Prove that they weren't.

You are so logically challenged.

Here is how it works...the burden of proof is on YOU...because you are making the claim that they are.

I am not making a claim about that number at all...I am using SCIENTIFIC POLLING for my numbers.

Your intellectual dishonesty is astounding.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

OMG The Racist card does still hold true.... America has not progressed to the point where all those feelings have or ever will diminish. I will agree with that.

You do know guns are black right?

And who is trying to ban all the bad black things?

Yep Amerika is racist as ever.

link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

I'd really rather you explain than point to a talking head video with almost no text of your own in the post.

After all, I replied to you here....not Jon Stewart. I'd have framed and worded my reply quite differently to such an established member of the Mainstream Media.

How would you personally reply to those points? After all, again, it's your personal views being replied to. You do have plenty of your own, I'd assume?

To afraid to watch the video huh?

No problem...I know facts sting...especially when they show you are completely wrong.

link   

Prove to me that all gun owners oppose gun control laws...go ahead bunny...let's see what you got.

Prove to me that all gun owners are for gun control laws.

You wield hyperbole poorly.

(use two hands)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Logic dictates that if a person was for gun control they would not be going out and buying all the "evil guns".

Geez.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

They don't have to be, if 1 person bought 3 guns for that number, that is around 22 million people who purchased a gun during ONLY Obama's administration.

Your polls show that between one 1 thousand and 2 thousands people were polled. Further, how can we be sure that those people that were polled had been selected by an accurate representation of the general public? For such a small amount of people polled, this is an important question.

Furthermore, even if you could show that 60% of Americans favor further gun control for law abiding citizens (you can't) It is a non issue because America is a republic and republics do not operate like high school popularity contests.

You wan't gun control so bad, America wants gun control so bad. Do it the right way and amend the Constitution. Don't side step around it like sniveling cowards and gun grabbing weasels, man up and tell Americans they are losing there right to bear arms, do it the right way.
edit on 12-2-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I trust the "polling data" about as much as I trust a wiki page...

I would say that if they have on record over 65mil guns sold because the only way they can count is from gun store sales not private ones where no one keeps track... Then in reality there have probably been at minimum 5 times that many guns changing hands in the same amount of time...

Most people that I know who have guns and that is allot of people.. unless they are military and then seems to have allot of guns or are rich and then have even more guns.. standard people like myself, have I would say not more then 10 guns and that would be stretching it, more like 5.

Shotgun
hunting rifle
.22 practice/hunting
and 1-2 hand guns most people have a cheap ammo handgun like another .22 and then a daily gun or protection gun 9mm-40-45 somewhere along there

The reason being is you don't really need moree then that and most people wouldn't have enough $ to keep stocked ammo for more then that many guns.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I provided you with scientific polling data...you provided me with Wiki Answers

LOL polls?

I read polls that said the current potus wasn't going to be the current potus.

Polls are meaningless.

65 million guns sold is tangible evidence.

link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Prove to me that all gun owners are for gun control laws.

You wield hyperbole poorly.

(use two hands)

I never said all gun owners are for gun control laws....I never said all non gun owners are for gun control laws.

I gave you scientific polling data from multiple sources that back up my claim that the majority of the public wants gun control laws.

You are trying to use this number of the amount of GUNS sold as proof that the majority of the public doesn't want gun control...so go ahead and prove it. Prove that every gun purchase was from a unique individual. Then prove that each of those individuals don't support gun control.

Do you know how logic works? Do you understand the burden of proof? Do you understand that making a claim out of your ass like you did makes you look foolish?

link   
Well I know 65 million guns didnt go to one person

but lets say its everyone that voted for Romney ... So basically anyone who had money and wasn't on a government pay check bought a gun

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Logic dictates that if a person was for gun control they would not be going out and buying all the "evil guns".

Geez.

Doesn't the pro-gun peopel's public enemy #1 Feinstein own a gun?

Yeah, that kind of destroys your argument right there.

For you to think that if someone owns a gun that they are automatically against gun control is very very ignorant.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

To afraid to watch the video huh?

No problem...I know facts sting...especially when they show you are completely wrong.

The only thing that seems to sting a bit is that I've fallen for your bait again and replied to troll-type posts designed to run in circles and get nowhere.

Now, if you have substance OVER form and talking points to share, I'd love to hear them in your own words. So long as the "facts" are not those offered by others and merely repeated by your own hand? There isn't anything to sting here....beyond this being the level of reply that has come so far. That doesn't sting either, just disappoints.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Just go to armslist.com and see for yourself.

link   
Millions of Americans are afraid that Obama will take away guns.

Millions of Americans are afraid that Obama will trample the Rights that they have.

Tangible numbers that cannot be ignored. Unless you're for the restriction of rights.

link   

Oh also

Chuck Schumer has a gun and a concealed carry permit... He also has pictures of him shooting a tech 9 (which was outlawed in the 90s)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Not necessarily. I know a couple of redneck Klansmen, unfortunately, and they while being owners of many firearms and in full support of everything up to completely banning all guns.

Their line of reasoning is that they dont want the poor minorities getting them and in the chance of confiscation they'll get to shoot at people.

Horrible folks they are. Horrible.

So I present to you a pro-gun control gun owner. At least two.

Every jackass out there has a way to rationalize or justify anything they want to.

From my days in the ivy league I knew at least half a dozen uppity profs and grad students who would go to the same range as I did. They too while being gun owners of everything from SBR's to a drawer full of silencers were also very pro-gun control. You see, they were special and everyone else was # on a stick.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join