It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

65,376,373 guns sold during Obama's term and still counting!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Registration leads to eventual confiscation. This has been historically documented over and over.

Again...another logical fallacy.

Why would they waste time with registration if they wanted confiscation.

This is just pure paranoia talking...you have no proof, you have no facts...you just have your fear and paranoia.

And no, a documented history in the past does not accurately predict the future. Go ahead...pull out the old "history repeats itself" line...I always get a laugh out of that when people use it and don't understands what it means.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Originally posted by xedocodex
Now you show me where the Constitution gives you the right to overthrow the government....have you even read it???

THAT made me LOL right there. Behold everyone - That is ignorance at its purest.

Then show me.

Expose my ignorance...show me where in the Constitution it gives you the right to overthrow the government.

it is the most implicit part of the Constitution and does not need to be "written" so as to "give permission". The Bill of Rights are for the people, not the government. Of course, I realize I am wasting keystrokes trying to explain this to someone who is still in a deep, blissfully ignorant sleep.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by xedocodex

Expose my ignorance...show me where in the Constitution it gives you the right to overthrow the government.

Wanna show me where in that constitution where it says you can tell me what rights I have and take away my property?

Wow, you just don't get it. No one wants to take away your property.

IF...IF IF IF IF...that was truly the goal, it would be put into the constitution or have the 2nd amendment removed. That's how it works.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I'd much rather be speaking from a position of paranoia than one of utter ignorance.

Done feeding you, troll. Adieu.

edit on 12-2-2013 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Talk about short attention spans several posts saying they will do everything within "their power" to take my property away from me.

edit on 12-2-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Im going to my daughters school function but when I get back Im going to eat your lunch regarding that last reply to me. I would edit it while you still can because you cannot back many of those statements!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Indigo5

Finstein, Obama fans the flames of fear. Is the NRA culpable? Sure!

But many Americans are smarter than the average meme.
edit on 12-2-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

Feinstien is left, Obama is center and the NRA is right...far right.

Feinstien is unsuccessfully trying to move legislation she knows will fail to make an idealogical point.

President Obama is talking about the gun-show loophole and background checks.

The NRA is talking about revolution, thier cold dead hands and confiscation.....and doing so with millions of dollars and a marketing campaign....mostly because they want to distract from the publicly popular and perfectly reasonable effort to enforce background checks and close the gun-show loophole...One big, fat, straw man wrapped in a fear mongering campaign...it's just gravy that it makes them money via the gun Manufacturers profits that fund them.

Not mysterious to me, but folks can see it any way they like.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

* James Madison: Americans have "the advantage of being armed" -- unlike the citizens of other countries where "the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."

* Patrick Henry: "The great objective is that every man be armed. . . . Everyone who is able may have a gun."

* George Mason: "To disarm the people [is] the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

* Samuel Adams: "The Constitution shall never be construed . . . to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."

* Alexander Hamilton: "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed."

* Richard Henry Lee: "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."

The chief reason America has remained a free country is the widespread private ownership of firearms. Individual ownership of guns made the American Revolution possible. The principal purpose of the Second Amendment was to maintain our freedom from government. It is an insult to our heritage to imply that the Founding Fathers wrote the Second Amendment just to protect deer hunters.

Link: rense.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

it is the most implicit part of the Constitution and does not need to be "written" so as to "give permission". The Bill of Rights are for the people, not the government. Of course, I realize I am wasting keystrokes trying to explain this to someone who is still in a deep, blissfully ignorant sleep.

It doesn't have to be written????

Such a ridiculous statement...I think what really happened is that you went to search the Constitution and found that it isn't in there...and so you come up with this fantasic crap.

Well then go ahead...exercise your right to overthrow the Government...and when you are tried for Treason as dictated by the Constitution...tell them that they are wrong because it is implicitly stated in the Constitution that this is your right.

Unbelievable...it's not in the Constitution...but it actually is...and you called me ignorant!!!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

I'd much rather be speaking from a position of paranoia than one of utter ignorance.

Done feeding you, troll. Adieu.

I'm not the one making up things that are "implicitly" in the Constitution.

That is one of the funniest things I have read in this entire thread.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

65 million guns sold that all performed background checks so where the hell is the problem?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Talk about short attention spans several posts saying they will do everything within "their power" to take my property away from me.

edit on 12-2-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

I can see that examples can't be used with you.

Do you understand between an example and someones actual point of view?

It is hard work trying to talk to you pro-gun people...the level of intellect just isn't there to have a in depth conversation.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

Im going to my daughters school function but when I get back Im going to eat your lunch regarding that last reply to me. I would edit it while you still can because you cannot back many of those statements!

Bring it.

Show me where in the Constitution it says you have the right to overthrow the government.

You are going to feel quite silly when you realize you are thinking of a different document.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by thunder57

The chief reason America has remained a free country is the widespread private ownership of firearms. Individual ownership of guns made the American Revolution possible. The principal purpose of the Second Amendment was to maintain our freedom from government. It is an insult to our heritage to imply that the Founding Fathers wrote the Second Amendment just to protect deer hunters.

And so please explain all the other free countries that don't have our gun culture? This America is the most awesome number one country thinking is getting old and just shows that you don't really know much about the world.

I'm fine insulting our Founding Fathers...they were a bunch of a-holes. Anyone who writes of freedom while owning slaves is an a-hole.

The best thing the Founding Fathers gave us is the ability to fix their mistakes.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Missed the intellect of the anti gun/gun control crowd the only thing I have seen them do is recycle 70 year old talking points.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Exact wording of the constitution: A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

This America is the most awesome number one country thinking is getting old and just shows that you don't really know much about the world.

This Us Government is the most awesome number one government thinking is getting old and just shows that you don't really know much about the world.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
And also it states if two or more witnesses come forth to testify, treason charges can be filed. Against anyone
Exact Wording: No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

edit on 12-2-2013 by thunder57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

reply to post by Indigo5

65 million guns sold that all performed background checks so where the hell is the problem?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

This America is the most awesome number one country thinking is getting old and just shows that you don't really know much about the world.

This Us Government is the most awesome number one government thinking is getting old and just shows that you don't really know much about the world.

It's not, it's pretty crappy and corrupt...but that is what we work to fix.

I have no problems admitting the faults of the government or the country.

How about you?

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join