It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

65,376,373 guns sold during Obama's term and still counting!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

That breaks it down by month and state going back over 10 years. Hope that addresses your need for sourcing to what I've said.

No, it doesn't.

Your claim was that it is across societal and demographic lines...this information doesn't prove that at all.

It shows it broken down by state, that is it. Nothing about demographics at all.

So no, that does not prove your claim.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by xedocodex

ook at that...another claim that can't be backed up by any proof.

The proof is the NCIS background check and the term "ATF hold".

More proof:

www.nssfblog.com...

How does this prove that the gun purchases were across demographic lines?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I have been saying this all along. Obama doesn't want your guns he wants your money and this is proof he has got it!

All the scare tactics on this and other boards is done by Shills working for Gun manufactures as far as I am concerned. The proof is in the numbers! LOL

They obviously know how to herd the sheep properly. Anyone who buys a gun right now is a moron and probably bought a house at the top of the market and is now foreclosed or underwater when the last administration was messin around with us....Morons...

edit on 12-2-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I don't need them, I'll just refer to a history book that includes the German citizenry being disarmed right before a manacle regime took the country and half of the world over by force killing millions. Sound familiar and possibly slightly relevant?

No, not relevant...just a logical fallacy.

One example does not make a rule...there are many countries today that have stricter gun laws than us and enjoy a much safer society. I don't think those countries are being slaughtered by the millions by their government

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yeah I do because it does not give you the power to do whatever the hell you want.

That is a fact in a constitutional republic as this nation was founded as no persons rights superceed another.

That does not give you the power to take anything away from me.

What you don't get is that it wouldn't be me taking it from you.

I will organize, work, donate, and get people elected that share the same view as me...and they will pass the laws that will take the gun out of your hands. As long as the SCOTUS upholds it...not a thing you can do about it except do the exact same thing I did...which is in your right to do.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex

That breaks it down by month and state going back over 10 years. Hope that addresses your need for sourcing to what I've said.

No, it doesn't.

Your claim was that it is across societal and demographic lines...this information doesn't prove that at all.

It shows it broken down by state, that is it. Nothing about demographics at all.

So no, that does not prove your claim.

Well, what it shows over time from 1999 onward is the state by state buying habits and how they have changed, passing through 9/11...the 2004 elections....the 2008 elections and into the present day.

In crossing lines, it shows the buying hasn't been limited to Texas, Missouri, Montana or other traditionally "gun friendly" states, but as often seen in states like Mass, California, New York and Maryland. These are traditionally hard blue and left leaning states. Hence, the buying behavior cuts across lines....or I'll say that is how I interpret it. That would be the fair way to say it...since anyone may interpret the same source data differently.

Thank you for the surce reporting on the ranking. I've seen VERY poor rankings for the U.S. in many areas and I'm literally ashamed in some of it. Science and Math rankings, to name a few that are shameful at the very least.

I'll look that over and likely add to it when I get back home tonight. (Just arrived at school and on before class starts) I DO thank you for the sourced references though. They look solid, especially on the first one and I will definitely read them.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

What I honestly lack here is any link between Obama, Biden and any gun interests for money. Unlike Darth Vader and his ties back to Halliburton under Bush, there aren't any clear links here.

That leaves me doubting any deliberate move here to run up gun sales. Quite the opposite, I think the higher sales drive people like Obama and Feinstein insane as they see each number as another to have to get BACK some day.

Who knows tho.... games within game, eh?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

I always ALWAYS buy private, in texas if you buy private you have to do NOTHING but hand someone money and walk away with the gun.

This is an incorrect statement...
In Texas you are still required to ask for state ID and also fill out a fire arms bill of sale. If you are swapping weapons without a Bill of Sale you are breaking the law.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I find it interesting that no-one has disputed the numbers. Sure, there may have been an attempt early on, But since then, this has become another debate over "rights" definition and "freedom" rankings.

The simple fact of the matter is that many (millions of) people so fear that this administration is heading towards gun confiscation that they are willing to arm themselves to defend that right.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

Yeah I do because it does not give you the power to do whatever the hell you want.

That is a fact in a constitutional republic as this nation was founded as no persons rights superceed another.

That does not give you the power to take anything away from me.

As long as the SCOTUS upholds it...not a thing you can do about it except do the exact same thing I did...which is in your right to do.

Alternatively, they could skip the SCOTUS all together (with a 2/3 affirmative vote by congress and 3/4 affirmative vote by the states) and ratify an amendment to the constitution.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I just can't stop wondering if 5 years from now some of these people who rushed out to buy guns are going to be thinking "why in the hell do I have a gun???"

Stop wondering now... If they knew why the got it on day one they will still remember why in 5 years.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

reply to post by Helious

I don't need them, I'll just refer to a history book that includes the German citizenry being disarmed right before a manacle regime took the country and half of the world over by force killing millions. Sound familiar and possibly slightly relevant?

No, not relevant...just a logical fallacy.

One example does not make a rule...there are many countries today that have stricter gun laws than us and enjoy a much safer society. I don't think those countries are being slaughtered by the millions by their government

There are other examples, we both know it. I used this one specifically to illustrate a point though, you see America is currently engaged in many wars and police actions around the world currently, action has been repeatedly taken without the consent of Congress in conflict with tradition and the law.

Our current administration has armed a terrorist regime with state of the art fighter jets in Egypt, the same terrorists that they have already eroded countless liberties in the name of fighting on our behalf. Amendments are being violated in different ways all over the country in a fevered pace, all in the name of safety and protection.

You may call these facts progress but some call them treason and tyranny. This administration and in fact, the one before it are not acting like an American government should act and it bears an eerie resemblance of other foreign administrations of the past. With military build up and strike first and occupy policy, it's quite hard not too.

Now, your ideas and opinions are your own, I will not fault you for expressing yourself but with that said, many Americans do not own guns for sport or for hunting or to commit crimes, they do so to exercise their 2nd amendment right to do so, to protect their home, family and person and should it ever become neccesary, to remove a government that is no longer for the people by the people. That is the nature and right the Constitution affords us and one that is not to be taken lightly or easily given up.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Ultimately, that is what it comes down to, isn't it?

Numbers for gun sales from Bush's term, as the most recent comparison. are up 91% by the same time period. Much has changed and much is perceived as worse, driving the almost crazy levels of sales and ownership. I say crazy only because it eventually becomes fair to ask.......how many rifles can one person shoot at one time? The numbers seem to indicate a deep unease that carries beyond the mere need for one gun, one day for one purpose. Any particular purpose.

That speaks volumes in this, doesn't it?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

What you don't get is that it wouldn't be me taking it from you.

Spoken like a true fascist:

Nope I am fully aware who will be taking my property from me it definately won't be you, it won't be those congressman it will be some gestapo goon squad like the BATFE.

I will organize, work, donate, and get people elected that share the same view as me...and they will pass the laws that will take the gun out of your hands

Zieg heil

As long as the SCOTUS upholds it...not a thing you can do about it except do the exact same thing I did

Nope I do not hide behind others.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Thats because you Hide behind a Keyboard.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Thats because you Hide behind a Keyboard.

Says the guy hiding behind a keyboard

65 million gun owners sure aren't hiding behind a keyboard.
edit on 12-2-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by beezzer

Ultimately, that is what it comes down to, isn't it?

Numbers for gun sales from Bush's term, as the most recent comparison. are up 91% by the same time period. Much has changed and much is perceived as worse, driving the almost crazy levels of sales and ownership. I say crazy only because it eventually becomes fair to ask.......how many rifles can one person shoot at one time? The numbers seem to indicate a deep unease that carries beyond the mere need for one gun, one day for one purpose. Any particular purpose.

That speaks volumes in this, doesn't it?

It does. But as a multiple-gun owner, I can say I purchase mine for a variety of reasons.

The rifle I own (Savage .22), was to teach my youngest about shooting and gun safety.

The Bersa I own because of the triple safety features, for the wife.

The Sig Sauer I own for CnC.

These were purchased with care and deliberation. Most now are being purchased because there is a general feeling among the populace that there is coming a "fundamental change" to America.

In my humble opinion.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join