It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medal of Honor recipient (Clint Romesha) declines invitation to State of the Union

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
This is complete and total BS - When the commander in chief invites you to dinner, you go. If for no other reason than out of respect for your country and the honor that is assumed with such an invite despite your politics. Especially since he's a soldier who has received an honor for serving these values.

There were days gone by that this would be looked on as a form of treason.
edit on 13-2-2013 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

The highest honor awarded to one in the military. Obama should have worked it out to show up at the recipient's party/get together.
Speaking as a vet, everything that I did while serving...family and friends was the WHY I did it.
This serviceman owed NOTHING to Obama. Obama owed him. Hell, we all owe anyone that is in the service of our country, at least a damn "thank you" when you see one in uniform. It means a lot. If you were in, you know what I mean.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Dude's earned the right to make his own decision. No one, Obama, you, me, anyone should second guess that.

Only comment that makes sense with all these ass-umptions going around. Well said intrepid.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by circuitsports
This is complete and total BS - When the commander in chief invites you to dinner, you go. If for no other reason than out of respect for your country and the honor that is assumed with such an invite despite your politics. Especially since he's a soldier who has received an honor for serving these values.

If you read correctly which obviously you didn't it said the First Lady which is Michelle Obama wanted him as a guest NOT the Commander in Chief OR President.

Perhaps read before knee jerk commenting.
edit on 13-2-2013 by yoursteppingonmytoes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by LOLZebra

Its not a look at like lol. That is exactly what it is. Its an upside down star lol.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by schuyler

I have afeeling that this Admin is feeling a bit pissed off at this time. That's just my take on it.

"How dare you refuse the POTUS who awarded you the CMH? Just because you thought you would be used as a propaganda piece?"

I think he made the right choice.

What makes you think that?

Has Obama or anyone in the administration said anything that would give you that impression...or are you just reading their minds?

Actions speak louder than words.

I don't need to read his mind as I already know what he thinks of his own military. His own words have proven me right.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

You would go even if you thought that the guy was a Piece of work? Maybe even a traitor? You would go even if the guy who invited you stood against everything you stood for?

Give me a break.

He wanted to spend time with his brothers in arms and their families. Nothing more, nothing less. As I said before, POTUS come and go...your friends and families are forever.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I already know what he thinks of his own military.

And how do you know that?

You say his words prove it...can we see those words?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex
reply to post by TDawgRex

I already know what he thinks of his own military.

And how do you know that?

You say his words prove it...can we see those words?

We've drifted off topic. But here you go.

That is all I need to hear. But he has said it time and time again along with his Admin.

They are bordering treason as far as I am concerned.

Myself? I would refuse a beer & BBQ as well. I will never visit the White House as long as this individual is in office. Thank God we only have 4 more years of this crap...though 16 years was to long in my opinion.
edit on 13-2-2013 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

I have to admire the mans dedication to his mates and it shows substance and character that he isn't swayed by the razzle dazzle of the White House.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
free to do what you want in the land of the free.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

Actions speak louder than words:
He doesn't salute,a slander in military doctrine when one is awarded the highest decoration,he hugs,just creepy.
He abandoned federal employees in the face of danger.They died.
He's going through senior officers to cherry pick what he wants.
He by passes the military altogether in the name of secrecy so he can kill targets without any paper trail.
He demands all military download their weapons in his presence as have his personnel IN A WAR ZONE. I'll bet the secret service were locked and loaded but if they got hit by a major attack those troops would have been toast.
And ,because I don't have all night, DHS has labelled me a potential terrorist
That's why.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
What is your opinion? Would you do the same thing in this circumstance? Should his decision be considered an ungrateful gesture?

Not accepting an invitation is not ingratitude. Aside from the fact that the man had plans, clearly more meaningful ones, he did thank the President and his wife for the offer.

I am sure he is smart enough to realize that appearing at such an event would only have him as a pawn in some political statement.

If I were in his place, I would decline the offer whether I had plans or not, for the reason just stated but primarily because I recognize President Obama as the manipulative, lying, freedom-hating, un-American traitor he is. If I could send someone to accept the medal on my behalf I would, just so I wouldn't have to be in the same room as the man.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   

I know it must be hard for you, longing for the days of Supreme Dictatorships.

The man is no longer in the military. He is simply a veteran. Obama is not in his Chain-of-Command any longer. Obama and he are on the same level as citizens, but this man is clearly more worthy of the title.

He reasons for declining was not political. It was personal. However, the reason for the invitation, was most assuredly political.

We don't see you calling for shame on the President and his wife for inviting an American hero to an event to be used as a pawn and political fodder, so the President can attach himself to the coattails of this mans heroics.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I wouldn't go if the president asked me too either. I'd make something up that I had to do.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Kudos to him for standing up for his family and friends. I am sure this offer was made to him with the expectancy of him affirm the offer. This guy has balls and my hat is off to him. He proved he had balls when he served in the middle east on a base located in the worst possible location to defend.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join