It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cool Gadgets: Indoor Flameless Marshmallow Roaster

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Have you ever had the craving for a fresh roasted marshmallow or Smores and no handy campfire ready to cook it on? Problem solved with this very cool indoor marshmallow roaster with Smore ingredients holder.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/mb511a8e88.jpg[/atsimg]

At $69.95 I am not sure that it is quite worth it yet but who knows maybe it will go on infomercials and eventually can be purchased cheaper at Walgreens, Osco, Walmart, or simaller stores as "As Seen on TV". Personally I think this is a very cool idea of those cold winter nights that you just don't want to sit outside and roast marshmallows or using a hairdryer set on high heat.

MMMMM Smores!!!!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

I actually know people who'd buy this thing......

Some of my clients *must* have every single new gadget that hits the market. I don't think they use half of them, and the the rest only get used a couple of times.

I feel sorry for kids today, who've never sat around a campfire making s'mores. To me, that is over half the fun of eating the tasty morsels.

Thanks for the cool thread Agarta.....

Des

edit on 12-2-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

my kids love marshmallows roasted on a campfire i hope they sell them in the uk as with all the rain here campfires are rare lol
got to ask what is Smores ?
edit on 12-2-2013 by darknewt because: needed to know what a Smore was

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by darknewt

Thanks for pointing that out to me, darknewt. I never thought of that. It would be a bonus to have in your climate.

I learn something new everyday....

Des

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
It doesn't appear that you would be able to ignite the marshmallow with that contraption.

Most of my relatives require the marshmallow to be burned before they will eat it. Not me, I like 'em brown...not black.-

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

got to ask what is Smores ?

One graham cracker, a piece of Hershey bar(broken to fit the cracker) a warm toasted marshmallow, topped with another graham cracker. You eat them. The chocolate bar melts from the heat of the toasted marshmallow.

They are so good that you want 'smore, hence the name.

ETA: Some people add peanut butter. I am a purist, so no PB on my 'smores.
edit on 12-2-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

seems i got a new mission in life and that is to try smores

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I like a little crispy around the edges....Campfire brand marshmallows, now makes a Giant Roaster Marshmallow...I bought a pack of them a couple of weeks ago. They are HUGE...

The only problem with them is, they don't melt in the middle and get that nice gooey yumminess I love. They taste the same, but would be hard to do in a S'mores...here's what they look like....Yes, they are that big

Des

edit on 12-2-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
My old lady would totally want this.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

edit on 12-2-2013 by StratosFear because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

those mashmallows are great
i can imagine my kids faces if i pulled them out of my bag,i think one would be enough for me though

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I have always used a toaster oven like this one:

In fact, a toaster oven can be bought for 1/2 to 1/3 of the price of that gadget in the OP and a toaster oven has many smore uses.

edit on 12-2-2013 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

If you take my title(minus the "Cool Gadgets" part) and put it through Google you can purchase it on line right now. Having lived in England I can attest to your statement that campfires are a rarity.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I've tried those..
They are a mouthful. You are correct, they don't even heat up in the middle. I tried to pull them off the stick and just the skin came off.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
BRILLIANCE!
I tried the whole mashmellow over candle thing.. No good. My mashmellow tasted like cucumber smelling candles

I think there must be a way to make one of these instead of dishing out 70$ bucks...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I thought I would post this for anyone that hadn't heard of it, a chocolate sandwich.

It is basically a grilled cheese sandwich, hold the cheese...add Hershey Bar (and marshmallow fluff and/or peanut butter if desired) .

They are not health food, but they do taste good.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Why spend 70$ when most people have a fondue pot on a top shelf somewhere? You can assemble it minus the pot, light the alcohol burner and voilà.

top topics

join